Rerolling to warrior. Some insights would be helpful

Priscitia.4235

Hey all!

I am trying to decide wether to roll from my beloved guardian to warrior or not and I hope you can help me with answering these questions:

1. I have a full set of ascended set (armor, weapons & trinkets) with viper and beserker stats and if I reroll I'd like to play two builds: [Condi PS](https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/warrior/condi-ps-quick-guide/ "Condi PS") for Group-/Raidcontent and [Condi DPS](https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/warrior/condi-dps-quick-guide/ "Condi DPS") for soloing. As I am informed the Condi PS needs a few Sinister Pieces but switching stats shouldn't be a problem. The Problem is that Condi DPS doesn't need Sinister and so one of the specs will get some exotics until I have crafted the additional pieces. So because Condi PS is also good for fractals should this be set with the full ascended set or are there so many Condi PS Warriors in Fractals that I should focus on my DPS Specc first and craft the ascended Sinisterpieces later?

2. How is Worldcontent (Story, Events, Mapfights like Auric Basin & Dragon Stand etc) for a Condi DPS (in comparisson with a DPS Guardian)? As Guardian I can blow up most of the hostile NPCs in no time but I assume thats not the strong side of a Condispecc. If Mobs die fast do I get enough participationpoints in events?

3. From time to time I enjoy a few days off in WvW. Is it possible to have some WvW Fun with a Condi DPS Specc? Most of the times I search for a commander but if none is present I tend to switch some camps, hunt dolyaks or participate in small scale pvp.

4. Tinfoil-question: Will there even be a need for a Warriorsupport in raids when PoF hits? And if not how high are the chances we will be a good choice for a DPS Slot?

I thank you for reading and wish you all a nice day!

1. Just focus on your DPS spec first since the sinister pieces aren't necessarily required for cPS. As long as you are bringing good might and buffs, having a little less DPS won't (or shouldn't) bother too many people on cPS.

2. DPS guardian is much better. . . you probably would have trouble tagging all the enemies before they blow up on warrior. Warrior also feels a lot more squishy compared to guardian since it only really has one source of healing. . . and no aegis :(

3. Well, if playing condi warrior is fun to you then sure. It seems that most warrior players don't want to play warrior as condi though.

4. Warrior is a top DPS class for its condition spec, and cPS brings buffs that are too good to lose. I'm not sure why it would ever lose a spot unless it loses all its buffs and all its damage.

I don't really know if you will find playing warrior as cPS, but if you do then that's great.

I personally wish pPS was as optimal as cPS ;-;

hellooooo, enjoy warrior I'v switched to guardian (temp) and enjoyed support...

both builds look medicore, for dps condi, I'd recommend gs, strength/zerker, with aristocrat runes. burnzerkers are easy to cleanse less of a problem in pve and wvw but a middling power/condi build with might buffs is the way to go. Bursts are an issue currently post nerf but condi zerker is still strength. 3rd trait line is on play style, most take discipline or defense.

1) Condi PS doesn't really *need* the sinister pieces, it can still work without them, just not optimally. Grab the Viper gear first and worry about those extra pieces later.

2) I'd say that in open world where most mobs are fairly squishy, a dps guard would probably fare better and kill stuff faster. It's not really a problem though, I've never had issues with tagging mobs and generally condi berserker works wonders against anything that is a veteran and up (which tends to be the case when events scale upwards).

3) Condi Berserker is pretty ok in WvW, but only in a group. I wouldn't go roaming with it, Power Warrior tends to be much better for that since Greatsword and Shield are close to mandatory because of the mobility, cc and defense they provide.

4) From what we've seen of the new specs, the only one that could possibly replace the PS build is the Deadeye, but then again Deadeye doesn't have banners. As long as banners and their unique buffs are a thing, any party that wants to be optimal will always need at least one warrior in it.