[wishlist] Necro balance

Dadnir.5038

Just a simple wishlist of changes:

*Death shroud:*

_Life blast:_ same power damage and attack speed than _plague blast_. (we can probably live well without the condi transfert)

_Life transfert:_ reduced cool down to 30 seconds.

*Spite:*

_Rending shroud:_ No change in PvP. Reduce toughness by a set amount via an unique debuff instead of applying vulnerability in PvE. (carry the will of the trait in areas where being able to apply vulnerability is already trivialized)

_Unholy fervor:_ reduce axe cool down by 20%. You do 10% more damage to foes that have more than 15 vuln stack. (free the damage component of the trait from the axe but keep a sense of balance in order to not impact PvP to much)

_Close to death:_ changed to: inflict 20% more damage while in shroud. (switch damage bonus to "in shroud" in order to give an option where te shroud become our "burst" ability)

*Death magic:*

_Putrid defense:_ Auras on you also inflict poison 2s when struck. (Auras add a bit of synergy with other professions)

_Soul comprehension:_ Auras on you also grant you 1% LF when struck.

_Beyond the veil:_ When you leave the shroud, you see the light. You and your minions gain light aura upon leaving the shroud. (a defensive aura for us)

*Blood magic:*

_Vampiric:_ switch siphon value from minion and necromancer. (this is to lessen the reliance on minion for siphon builds)

_Vampiric rituals:_ Well cool down are reduced by 20%. Using a well skill fill you with dark energy, granting you a dark aura. Auras last 25% longer on you.

-> _Dark aura:_ Siphon health when struck. Last 4 seconds. Also available upon leaping through a dark field.

*Reaper:*

_Chilling nova:_ Grant you Frost aura when you critically hit a chilled foe (ICD 8 seconds)

_Cold shoulder:_ Chill last 20% longer. Take 10% less damage when you have an aura.

*Focus:*

_Reaper's touch:_ now an Amunition skill with 4 charges. Do not bounce anymore, do not affect allies anymore. (CD between charge use 1/2 second)

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> Just a simple wishlist of changes:

>

> *Death shroud:*

> _Life blast:_ same power damage and attack speed than _plague blast_. (we can probably live well without the condi transfert)

> _Life transfert:_ reduced cool down to 30 seconds.

>

> *Spite:*

> _Rending shroud:_ No change in PvP. Reduce toughness by a set amount via an unique debuff instead of applying vulnerability in PvE. (carry the will of the trait in areas where being able to apply vulnerability is already trivialized)

> _Unholy fervor:_ reduce axe cool down by 20%. You do 10% more damage to foes that have more than 15 vuln stack. (free the damage component of the trait from the axe but keep a sense of balance in order to not impact PvP to much)

> _Close to death:_ changed to: inflict 20% more damage while in shroud. (switch damage bonus to "in shroud" in order to give an option where te shroud become our "burst" ability)

>

> *Death magic:*

> _Putrid defense:_ Auras on you also inflict poison 2s when struck. (Auras add a bit of synergy with other professions)

> _Soul comprehension:_ Auras on you also grant you 1% LF when struck.

> _Beyond the veil:_ When you leave the shroud, you see the light. You and your minions gain light aura upon leaving the shroud. (a defensive aura for us)

>

> *Blood magic:*

> _Vampiric:_ switch siphon value from minion and necromancer. (this is to lessen the reliance on minion for siphon builds)

> _Vampiric rituals:_ Well cool down are reduced by 20%. Using a well skill fill you with dark energy, granting you a dark aura. Auras last 25% longer on you.

> -> _Dark aura:_ Siphon health when struck. Last 4 seconds. Also available upon leaping through a dark field.

>

> *Reaper:*

> _Chilling nova:_ Grant you Frost aura when you critically hit a chilled foe (ICD 8 seconds)

> _Cold shoulder:_ Chill last 20% longer. Take 10% less damage when you have an aura.

>

> *Focus:*

> _Reaper's touch:_ now an Amunition skill with 4 charges. Do not bounce anymore, do not affect allies anymore. (CD between charge use 1/2 second)

>

I like all of those changes, they seem very interesting! Although I don't know if they will be able to implement the dark aura combo to all dark fields in the game (But I truly hope so!)

> @killfil.3472 said:

> I like all of those changes, they seem very interesting! Although I don't know if they will be able to implement the dark aura combo to all dark fields in the game (But I truly hope so!)

Well they did it for light fields back in the days, it's not like they really can't do it again. Beside an aura benefit anyone that can leap in a field which mean all professions. It's not that this would have a great impact in the game or make dark field attractives all of a sudden but it's mainly here as a way to consolidate auras as one of the necromancer's tools. And especially as a way for us to gain some life force throught my shot at _soul comprehension_.

for pvp i would love to see warriors get a balance to berserk. How about an actual risk-reward mechanic. Like in GW1 when warriors used berserk stance they took more dmg. how about burst mode and berserk stance make them take 5% extra damage from all sources while active? like some actual "balance"

> @Lexan.5930 said:

> aura's aren;t really a necromancer mechanic. A lot of your proposed changes are actually dps nerfs rather than balance. especially the axe trait, unless your proposing that axe gets a 10$ bonus to damage which we already kind of got with one of the balance changes.

You couldn't be more wrong. The axe change reduce axe dps only. In a PvE environment, you will always have the primary target at 25 vuln and with this change, all your ability will do 10% more damage not just the axe skills. In short this mean that your wells do 10% more damage, your GS do 10% more damage, your shroud do 10% more damage, your dagger do 10% more damage... etc. You only need 15 vuln stack for that to happen. While in PvP, it wouldn't matter that much, in PvE, that's already a huge dps increase.

The change to _close to death_ follow a slightly different logic. The goal is to push power builds by making the shroud bursty in such a way that you actually want to use your shroud for dps and sacrifice your life force for it, not for defense. The end result is that you get more dps at the begining of the fight and it doesn't drop below 50% health point of your foe. This is a shot at making power build good from the begining of the fight to it's end, not just in the 2nd half.

As for aura, your right, at the moment this is not a necromancer thing. However, who better than a necromancer can make use of auras? Other profession have low health pool and avoid or block most of the damages, wasting the aura effect that they have. A necromancer is design to take the beating with it's blood and flesh and aura are designed to proc effects when you take some damage with your blood and flesh. What should trouble you is more: why the heck is it that auras are not a necromancer's mechanic?

> @Justine.6351 said:

> Nerf to Axe

> Nerf to focus,

> Nerf to well's trait

>

> Ya, no.

Nerf to axe: that's an investment for more global damage. You can see it as a 10% damage nerf to axe, I see it as a 10% damage buff for everything.

Nerf to focus: I remove the regen for effectively 25% more damage (since you will hit your foe 1 more time than you would otherwise) and more life force... Yeah a nerf is it?

Nerf to well's trait: Well yeah you can see it like this because it's a pretty fun thing at the moment due to a lot of damage packed in one trait. Whatever happen, it's bound to be nerfed, I'd prefer it to serve a better purpose throught a different design than keeping the bad design that we carry since ages. At least I'm trying to introduce some synergy instead of keeping it as just a trait with a siphon effect.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I've seen you ask for ridiculously OP change.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Your proposal is a nerf to Axe because it ties the damage boost not only to Vulnerability, but a high threshold of Vulnerability. Getting a stack of vulnerability is easy for Axe. Getting 15 takes quite some time.

And the nerf to focus 4 is a matter of burst. Focus 4 + Axe 2 is all upfront without having to wait for charges and 15 stack of vulnerability.