Radiant gear makes me sad

Nickguy.5467

It would not hurt if you could paint, apart from getting the whole set is a great investment of time and dedication in this game.

PS: I would like to change the model of the radiant helmet, it is very "simple", I would like it to be a closed helmet and have bright wings on the sides of the helmet.

They can't really change the helm's shape now after all these years. People who have made the helm part of their look (there must be some, though I don't recall the last time I saw someone wearing it) would resent having it changed just to suit another player's taste.

I do agree that they could make the silver metal parts dyeable. The white glow is pretty definitive of "Radiant" imo (though I'd love the ability to dye it too, I'm not pressing for that). I recently got Radiant Leggings at last and made a new Guardian Firebrand to wear Radiant gear. For helm I went with the CM dungeon one rather than Radiant as I needed the wide flare to counter the large shoulders, and for chest I used Inquest dungeon to best blend in style and fit. For dyes on helm and chest, though, I was limited to one or two white/silver hues or it simply wouldn't match (not to mention that while I can dye the loin drape on the leggings, only white hues suited the silver/white of everything else). And very few weapons suit -- I'd love to make the new leg focus for the floating book, but that purple claw will -not- blend with the armor.

There aren't even dye channels. Just blank space next to most of the pieces. Though players have been asking to dye the metal parts since the skins first appeared, and ANet has not made any response I'm aware of, it's certainly worth asking again in the new forums. OP, perhaps you should alter the title to [sugg] Dye Channels for Radiant Armor. Suggestions tend to get at least a first-pass look.

While it's not exactly the dye your looking for I'm sure have you tried the poly luminescent infusions? I know the teal one used on flames/destroyer armor turns the fire green like the corrupted destroyers after Mordys death. Haven't tested it with the radiant sets but maybe you could find something you like