Power Reaper Solo WvW Roaming (Spectral) with Video - Post 7 Nov Patch

EremiteAngel.9765

Hello fellow Reaper lovers.

I made this video to share the build that I felt has worked best for me post 7 Nov patch...with some commentaries...

I want to add though that Power Reaper needs help defensively. A simple and effective change would be to give us back the 7 seconds Shroud cooldown...

Okay...enough rambling and hope you found the video informative!

Build link here: [Link](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAnYRjc0QrN2ZD22AHOWwFs4rYXsMS1FiDfBorWA4AA-j1CFQBqTfADOCA1Y/hko0QfqrIgTAAfUCqQlZI4QA8IVKAwDAIAwBw5Nv5nHY+5nf+5nvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKABFaB-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAnYRjc0QrN2ZD22AHOWwFs4rYXsMS1FiDfBorWA4AA-j1CFQBqTfADOCA1Y/hko0QfqrIgTAAfUCqQlZI4QA8IVKAwDAIAwBw5Nv5nHY+5nf+5nvmf+5nf+5nf+5nXKABFaB-w")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7km4peyyU1I

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> It hurt me so much to see how pathetically lich form seem to always miss it's target that I had to stop looking at the video on the 4 min mark. Please anet pretty please get rid of this cr*p. Well you deserve your win on the engineer, he made you run for quite a while.

I agree wholeheartedly with the Lich auto that needs fixing.

I think on our part we can try to increase its chances of hitting though by turning our character to face the opposite angle that the opponent is moving.

Hits like a truck on squishes though, when it connects XD

I posted in Holts thread but thought I should also add here for reference when watching my video.

If you note, the build I am sharing has stun break on shroud entry. Shroud 4 also hits fast and Hard with the onslaught trait.

A good way to almost guarantee a good shroud burst on your opponent is to **do it when he is bursting you**. My friend calls this counter pressure.

When your opponent is dumping his burst combo on you, shroud to negate his pressure and counter with your own reaper spin.

You can see me doing it many times in the video. It requires you to have a good idea of when an opponent is bursting you though.

A good way to bait a burst is to get stunned by your opponent. Play possum for a second and invite him to burst you. Shroud to break stun and counter burst with Shroud 4.

Timing is crucial and you can see me doing it many times in the vid =]

Always takes a good chunk out of their HP.

Better skilled opponents will prevent counter pressure when they are bursting though. Like immune pain or F3 block from Guards. There was also a Mesmer in the vid who activated invulnerable in our 2nd fight to prevent my counter pressure. Unfortunately there are way fewer such opponents these days =[

Another point I wanted to share is that the Lich elite acts as a strong buffer to protect us during the 10 seconds shroud downtime.

I think most Reaper solo roamers / duelers will probably agree with me that 10 seconds is a pretty long time for shroud to be down against good opponents.

7 seconds was about right.

To make up for that 10 seconds, I chose Lich elite to fill that role.

* From wiki: "The form also doubles base Precision and Vitality. At level 80, this adds 1000 Precision (47.6% Critical Chance) and 1000 Vitality (10 000 Health)."

* We also get stability

* 5% Lifeforce on enter (if traited)

* 15% Lifeforce on exit (huge amount)

* Lich lasts 25 seconds (traited)

**High damage**

With about 50% crit chance base build, you get 100% cc on every Lich hit and with procs from sigils and traits, you actually do a lot of damage (when you hit).

In my video at the 7:36min mark, you see one Lich auto bringing the Mesmer down from 90% HP to 10% HP, or earlier against the Mirage, from 40% HP to 0% HP in one auto.

**Massive deterrence and counter pressure during shroud down-time**

This acts as a massive deterrence and counter pressure against opponents looking to exploit your shroud down-time. If they stay and fight, we will be trading damage and most of the time, its either evenly traded, or the damage traded is in my favor. Not to mention that I get that HP boost to tank some of his damage.

**Trading range pressure**

Lich also trades very decently against range opponents. You see me downing both the rifle warrior and P/P thief in the video. Admittedly stronger opponents would have given me a lot more problems but I feel the possibility is still there to trade damage against range opponents using Lich. I've not tried it much against better opponents though.

**Holds up well against tankier melee bruisers**

Lich 5 is also a very decent healing/damage skill against opponents in melee radius and allows damage trading even against classes like warriors. I fought a pretty decent spellbreaker recently with this spectral power build and lost by a whisker because of bad timing on my last burst and my pulsing GS blinding field triggering his Full Counter. Lich worked even against him as a strong damage trader.

**Offers a quick range damage rotation option**

If you had swapped to GS for example and your opponent managed to kite away from you, and you are locked from swapping back to your range weapon, entering Lich form offers a strong range damage option to continue pressuring your opponent.

**Strong Lifeforce refill**

5% traited on enter + 15% on leaving. Very nice LF refill.

**Negative points about Lich**

* Auto misses easily at far range. But angling our characters in the direction that the opponent is moving in, or moving our lich to shoot straight (back or front) increases the chances of hitting the opponent.

* Easy for opponents to disengage and wait for Lich form to expire. Long cool-down means the return fight you will not have Lich available. However, if an opponent disengages, as a Necro, I count it as a win =p