Would you buy a new profession for 2000 gems?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point that's not a reality, each would require balancing and a plethora of skills and new animations. It's better to keep to the elite system to integrate new play styles, both for conserving resources and to minimize power creep. And most importantly with balance issues this could make the game pay to play and that would ruin the already tenuous reputation of the gem store.

If the price point was 2000 gems ($25) for an unlock of a profession I could play as many characters as I like for as long as I choose play GW2, I'd say that's definitely worth it..

Of course that's not considering the complaints about p2w, the actual difficulty in implementing, and then ANet cycling it out of the gem store after a week of availability to "create scarcity"...there is NO way they would offer something that took that amount of work for a measly 2000 gems.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> It's not a good idea. There's never been content like that on the gem store so it'll stir up a lot of controversy. But I think mostly important is that atm the general consensus is that the balance between classes atm is quite poor. And indeed that's true, on my main (Warrior) some of the trait lines are just laughable (Arms and Tactics), and I don't know how they can have just left them like that.

Funny you said that because I felt the same with my warrior. I played it half of a day and got so frustrated I quit. She's slow and dies all day long, it cost too much silver to keep porting back to wavepoints. She broke the bank for me.