Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

>

> - mount lootbox skins - ripoff

> - nodes for home instance - ripoff

> - black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff

> - overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.

> - lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.

> - i can keep going but its getting annoying.

Entirely opinion on what is a "ripoff" and what is not, regardless of what you say.

There have been several new weapon skin sets and individual skins added to the game outside of the gem store or black lion tickets.

> @Wolfheart.7483 said:

> > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

> >

> > - mount lootbox skins - ripoff

> > - nodes for home instance - ripoff

> > - black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff

> > - overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.

> > - lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.

> > - i can keep going but its getting annoying.

>

> Entirely opinion on what is a "ripoff" and what is not, regardless of what you say.

>

> There have been several new weapon skin sets and individual skins added to the game outside of the gem store or black lion tickets.

I can confirm from the opinion of some one that's not afraid to spend $50 plus a pay period on Gems (I'm talking about my self in the 3rd person) that I've never seen the value in buying anything approaching 2k Gems even the packages with Outfit/Glider/Weapon Skin. If I'm in their target audience for these mounts then they have failed miserably.

> @alcopaul.2156 said:

> rarity usually entails value.

Flesh eating disease is rare. I won't consider it a value if I got it.

Also, saw my 2nd Chicken Peacock

![](https://i.imgur.com/WAnqF7P.jpg "")

Couldn't get a good shot as it was at the last minute, but you see that green ugly thing on the upper right of the tunnel that looks like a springer with a feather duster for a tail... that's it.

> @Nikal.4921 said:

> I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

I doubt, if someone purchased the skin, they'd be afraid of some map chat they can easily disable.

Or maybe I'm just weird. Do people actually care what haters say about them? Twitter and Tumblr are different from a game, tho.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @Nikal.4921 said:

> > I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

>

> I doubt, if someone purchased the skin, they'd be afraid of some map chat they can easily disable.

>

> Or maybe I'm just weird. Do people actually care what haters say about them? Twitter and Tumblr are different from a game, tho.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the people who use the forums are only a small percentage of the players.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

Ah, but there's the thing, I have no doubt that they fully believe that they get the most income from this price but this is only the second mount at this price so their data is limited. Only time will tell if it's profitable enough or remains profitable enough once people have two or three of these premium priced mounts. If we see lower priced mounts, sales or big launch discounts we'll know it hasn't turned out to be the case.

Personally, I've seen one so far and maybe two warhounds ever but I'm not surprised as I haven't been looking for them. Also in the time since the patch I spent a lot of time on my griffin looking for stuff up high, not much use for raptors up there.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

>

> Ah, but there's the thing, I have no doubt that they fully believe that they get the most income from this price but this is only the second mount at this price so their data is limited. Only time will tell if it's profitable enough or remains profitable enough once people have two or three of these premium priced mounts. If we see lower priced mounts, sales or big launch discounts we'll know it hasn't turned out to be the case.

>

> Personally, I've seen one so far and maybe two warhounds ever but I'm not surprised as I haven't been looking for them. Also in the time since the patch I spent a lot of time on my griffin looking for stuff up high, not much use for raptors up there.

When Mo was talking about the data he was referring to big ticket items in general, for example the outfit/glider combos they have been doing since Hot.

I am a sucker for anything with feathers, and don't really like the super flashy mounts. My character styles tend to be understated without a lot of particle effects and I think this would have gone well with them.

In terms of this game's own pricing standards, 2000 gems is quite high, even for a fancy mount. The second is that anyone who doesn't have 400 gems already has to spend $35 for a 2800 gem package.

I would have happily paid 1600 gems or less for this skin. I will not spend $35 on gems right now.

I have also not seen the new raptor skin so far and I have only ever seen 1-2 of the Balthazar hound jackals. I read a comment somewhere that the price it costs to buy 2000 gems with real money is a standard price for mount/mount skins in mmos. I can hardly believe it but I can't say much myself since I don't know anything about such prices. All I can say is that I find it waaay too expensive and even if there is a skin that I would actually like for one of my mounts I wouldn't buy it for 2000 gems.