Suggest : 5400Gem Transfer to Full Server

Jerry CCH.9816

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. This is what they should do.

1. Open ALL servers.

2. Make the transfer fee to high population servers 10k gems.

3. Reduce the number of players that can be on each map to 50.

Everyone gets to play where they want.

Anet should make a little money.

It might reduce the lag and help control/even out the blob sizes.

The bandwagon servers will have to wait in longer ques, which they should since they are the ones who overstacked.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> Nope. This is what they should do.

>

> 1. Open ALL servers.

> 2. Make the transfer fee to high population servers 10k gems.

> 3. Reduce the number of players that can be on each map to 50.

>

> Everyone gets to play where they want.

> Anet should make a little money.

> It might reduce the lag and help control/even out the blob sizes.

> The bandwagon servers will have to wait in longer ques, which they should since they are the ones who overstacked.

good for another plan :)

> @"Ulion.5476" said:

> I would prefer that A-net makes wvw more competitive than bandwagon to win. Wvw needs a few comeback mechanics to make servers have some hope of winning. Instead of my server do not have enough player to win so lates transfer to another server.

Wouldn't a "comeback mechanic" actually be against "competitive" ? I mean what could be more casual than to basically ignore the score the other team worked for?

Wvw is not a fair competition. Competitions start of fairly matched but once things start taking a turn for the worst the match should be over fast. With wvw the match continue for days after its decided why? Comeback mechanic would encourage players throughout the week instead of taking the week off because the match-up has been decided. Yes thats what casual wvwer do they ignore the score and play for fun. I just want servers to matter more than everyone just bandwagoning to a server to win(better fights). Wvw has issues with keeping players and wvw not being fair is part of the problem. A comeback mechanic would make it fun for the server that losing.

> @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > @Swamurabi.7890 said:

> > Yes, then each transfer lowers the map cap of said server by 1-5 players.

>

> The hilarity of BG suddenly swamped by people desperate to overstack, only to find they get queues after they have a dozen people on the map, and then having those same people flock to different servers, might break the internet.

>

> On the plus side, it might fully fund gw3. :D

Greatest

Idea

Ever

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Jerry CCH.9816" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > I'd suggest the opposite.

> > > Make Transfering from Full servers to the lowest pop ones FREE.

> >

> > i dont think so . anet need money

>

> Yeah, cause server transfers are the main source of their income. The gem price is a deterrent not a primary source of income.

Okay then cite the actual data proving that...in 2017. D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> No. Make it RNG where it randomly selects 1 of the servers with no duplicates. So you could eventually get there after spending more and more on the chance to get to BG. When you have all 30 you can stop.

>

> Wait what was the OP?

AHHHHHH lololz thats funny

Tbh full is a lie. Some server wich lots of 'NEW blood' are not full but have way more 'wvw hours played' then other servers, yet the server with a lot of wvw vets (not playing atm, or taking break) are super easy full, yet have super low wvw hours played. Full is a lie. Hence the transfer lock is a lie too. I would have no problem with this. It would create bandwagon but counter bandwagon too. Now a lot of people want to move from bottom server to medium servers but some of those are even full (wich is bullshit).

I'm also in the camp that says "free transfers to tier 8".

I'd also like to add an incentive to move; if you fight on a tier 8 server last week you get and additional PIP chest, similar to the PIP chest you get for completing the wood chest the previous week.

I think there are enough PIP hunters in WvW that this could help players "self-level" the population balance in WvW.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Jerry CCH.9816" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > I'd suggest the opposite.

> > > > Make Transfering from Full servers to the lowest pop ones FREE.

> > >

> > > i dont think so . anet need money

> >

> > Yeah, cause server transfers are the main source of their income. The gem price is a deterrent not a primary source of income.

>

> Okay then cite the actual data proving that...in 2017. D:

Because they don't want you to change servers. It's not a behaviour that they encourage in 2017 or any other time.

Does it provide income for them that people are lazy and have no sense of pride and just bandwagon to the winning server? Yes.

Would they rather have it not happen? Yes.

It's like traffic fines. Sure cities earn a lot from them, but they'd rather have well ordered traffic and safe streets.