So are Warriors entirely replaced as far as PS goes?

Oglaf.1074

Noticed that the BannerBro spec on qtfy doesn't have any Might stacking potential whatsoever.

Have we been totally replaced by other classes as far as PS goes? I wouldn't mind it to be honest, since it would give us more options.

Just wish that the other two Grandmaster traits beside PS didn't suck so bad, but whatever.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> Noticed that the BannerBro spec on qtfy doesn't have any Might stacking potential whatsoever.

>

> Have we been totally replaced? I wouldn't mind it to be honest, since it would give us more options.

I don't see how there are more options.

There is only 1 raid build for warrior which is the banner/empower allies conid DPS one.

Using anything other than that just seems like you'd make the whole squad lose a lot more DPS for no reason. . . unless there is something I'm not seeing. . .

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> Noticed that the BannerBro spec on qtfy doesn't have any Might stacking potential whatsoever.

>

> Have we been totally replaced? I wouldn't mind it to be honest, since it would give us more options.

>

> Just wish that the other two Grandmaster traits beside PS didn't suck so bad, but whatever.

There are two builds:

1) Banners + Empower Allies

2) Condi DPS

Banner build is a guaranteed Raid spot.

DPS build does 31k DPS on small hit boxes and 35k DPS on large hitboxes.

Both builds use the same gear and utilities. The DPS build swaps Empower Allies for Burning Arrows, and Banners for Outrage and Signet of Fury.

Do with that information what you will.

Why are people so hellbound to prove that Warrior is replaced by something ... especially for offensive team buffing? It's STILL a premiere class to do that and has good damage while doing it ... ? It's certainly a very poor way to illustrate the class is in need of .. whatever.

You shouldn't really need QT site to tell you that Warriors can still give the team plenty of what offensive buffs it can offer, especially if you do raids and fractals with a warrior. I'm still waiting to hear people in my group not want them in team.

> @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > Noticed that the BannerBro spec on qtfy doesn't have any Might stacking potential whatsoever.

> >

> > Have we been totally replaced? I wouldn't mind it to be honest, since it would give us more options.

>

> I don't see how there are more options.

> There is only 1 raid build for warrior which is the banner/empower allies conid DPS one.

> Using anything other than that just seems like you'd make the whole squad lose a lot more DPS for no reason. . . unless there is something I'm not seeing. . .

Well, yeah the options are kinda limited by the fact that you _still_ need that traitline for Empower Allies now that I think about it. Dang, you're right.

Sigh.

As I said, it is a shame that the other Grandmasters aside Phalanx are teh succ.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> Why are people so hellbound to prove that Warrior is replaced by something

If you're not even going to bother reading the thread before replying, then don't.

This thread is not about what you _want_ it to be about.

Your entire post is just unecessarily inflammatory in nature, seemingly trying to bait out an argument or something.

> @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > Just wish that the other two Grandmaster traits beside PS didn't suck so bad

>

> Like a banner trait maby? ;)

Pulsing Might from Strength.

Pulsing Fury from Discipline.

Pulsing Protection from Defense.

And uh... pulsing... _something_ from Tactics.

:D

But I'm not sure about further cementing Warriors as "bannerbitches" is a good idea, tbh.

I think that the real issue is that anet had the opportunity to make more profession contribute toward might stacking and instead they chose to load everything onto the druid. From my point of view that was a bad (another) choice of development. From the "warrior will cover every might needs" we've gone to "Druid will cover every might needs"... This is sad and restrictive. We should have "any profession can now contribute equally to the might needs and replace readily any other profession in this niche". This is what the game advertised in it's early days and that anet just struggle to achieve while on the paper it seem pretty simple to do.

It's a sad thing when a spec is nerfed to make room for another just because this other spec seem "favored" and just lost an unbalanced advantage. I'm not saying that the PS nerf wasn't needed, I'm saying that there should have been other options that would have left PS warrior as one good option to provide might stack among other good options instead of "warrior best might stacker" to "warrior meh might stacker, Druid very best at that!". This way that anet balance just horrify me, this make no sense at all to reduce professions options to this point.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > Just wish that the other two Grandmaster traits beside PS didn't suck so bad

> >

> > Like a banner trait maby? ;)

>

> Pulsing Might from Strength.

>

> Pulsing Fury from Discipline.

>

> Pulsing Protection from Defense.

>

> And uh... pulsing... _something_ from Tactics.

>

> :D

>

> But I'm not sure about further cementing Warriors as "bannerbitches" is a good idea, tbh.

It'd be pulsing regen from tactics since that's what skill 2 gives on the banner...scratch that the trait currently gives regen...although if they changed the trait so all banners give some boon while traited instead of all being regen.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compassionate_Banner

What to give battle standard though if traited...pulsing stability? :trollface:

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > Just wish that the other two Grandmaster traits beside PS didn't suck so bad

> > >

> > > Like a banner trait maby? ;)

> >

> > Pulsing Might from Strength.

> >

> > Pulsing Fury from Discipline.

> >

> > Pulsing Protection from Defense.

> >

> > And uh... pulsing... _something_ from Tactics.

> >

> > :D

> >

> > But I'm not sure about further cementing Warriors as "bannerbitches" is a good idea, tbh.

>

> It'd be pulsing regen from tactics since that's what skill 2 gives on the banner...scratch that the trait currently gives regen...although if they changed the trait so all banners give some boon while traited instead of all being regen.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compassionate_Banner

>

> What to give battle standard though if traited...pulsing stability? :trollface:

Regen would need to be changed to stack in intensity rather than duration for that to even be remotely useful though.

Healing Power on a Warrior is just no-no. :D

Battle Standard? Pulsing Resistance, duh!

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > Noticed that the BannerBro spec on qtfy doesn't have any Might stacking potential whatsoever.

> > >

> > > Have we been totally replaced? I wouldn't mind it to be honest, since it would give us more options.

> >

> > I don't see how there are more options.

> > There is only 1 raid build for warrior which is the banner/empower allies conid DPS one.

> > Using anything other than that just seems like you'd make the whole squad lose a lot more DPS for no reason. . . unless there is something I'm not seeing. . .

>

> Well, yeah the options are kinda limited by the fact that you _still_ need that traitline for Empower Allies now that I think about it. Dang, you're right.

>

> Sigh.

>

> As I said, it is a shame that the other Grandmasters aside Phalanx are teh succ.

>

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > Why are people so hellbound to prove that Warrior is replaced by something

>

> If you're not even going to bother reading the thread before replying, then don't.

>

> This thread is not about what you _want_ it to be about.

>

> Your entire post is just unecessarily inflammatory in nature, seemingly trying to bait out an argument or something.

I've read the thread ... and I got a good memory too ... you're the same guy a month ago lamenting the fact that warriors got taken down a few notches in raids because they aren't guaranteed two spots anymore.

My post questions the validity of your initial question in the first place ... that I think is a completely valid thing to do because I said in the LAST thread you had about this same topic, no class should be able to cement ANY permanent spots in raids (no less TWO of them) because they provide such a broad spectrum of offensive buffs that any class should be able to contribute to.

That idea still applies here; No, warriors are not totally replaced (that whole idea is nonsense ... I haven't been in a raid where there wasn't at least one warrior YET) but you will find they do have to share a bit more with people who got some new offensive buffing toys. I recommend you get used to it, because it's the way the game should be going. If your about demonstrating that warriors are less desirable, there is no need; it's true and it was done for the great good of the game.