What does ANET do when a whole server stops playing?

Nightshade.2570

> @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > @"Vardy.3592" said:

> > Why don't those guilds who are listed on that image go transfer to a medium population server for 500 gems (~130 gold)? A majority of players will have that amount of gold available in either actual gold or raw materials. It should solve a few problems, mainly the fact that they are making the mode bad for the players on JQ who don't want to join in. They will then be a positive to a new server and breathe some life into it. It's a rather selfish viewpoint to expect other players to join JQ.

>

> And kill our server? Because you do realize that's basically what you are proposing. Some of us actually like our servers and want to stay. But some guildies are stuck on other servers and want to come over. The entire guild should not have to leave their server for that.

They are already making JQ a bad place to be by tanking. Even worse they are making the game mode less fun for servers playing against them. Tanking isn't healthy for WvW as a whole.

There are servers who would love to have a larger population who are also not full. Players would be leaving already low population servers making it worse for the players who don't transfer.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> SoS not tanking and the fights have been a blast this week thanks to DB and BG coming out to play the game. So refreshing this week to actually have good fights in T1 after being stuck for weeks with tanking Mag or tanking YB who didn't come out to fight.

> I hope that Anet can see what the manipulators are doing or trying to do and not give them what they want. Let them tank to T4 and die cos that's really what any tanking server deserves.

> Anet could purge servers of all the inactives. No wvw play for 6 months then take them off the server and give them a free transfer when/if they come back.

This.

> @"CedarDog.9723" said:

> I just hope my server drops back to t2 soon. Dealing with mindless map queue blobs is not particularly fun nor interesting. And most servers don't seem to want to deal with BG. Either BG's winning and they try to steamroll everyone, or when BG's losing, they go and hide on EotM/do something other than WvW until they can guarantee they win again. :P

>

> It's too bad they don't just open BG to all xfers, lock them in a tier of their own that other servers can OPT in to fight against BG if they want to...and lock people from transferring away from BG... That would be hilarious.

Tell us. Where did bg touch you? Lmao

> @"Rektlol.8293" said:

> Let's just delete EBG, Alpine BL's, and Desert BL and all just play in EOTM!!

At this point if they put the rewards of WvW into EOTM I would leave WVW for good... what's the point if there is no competition, server comrodery (with links), or the match manipulation (tanking) that is happening and I hate the EOTM map but not as much as DBL. If they made wvw a Que system like EOTM and just over flow maps red green blue, that would be better than this, but at this point almost anything would be better than this.

> @"Rayya.2591" said:

> > @Namer.9750 said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6NQPEME.png "")

>

> the fact that a comunity have to take such action to counter a dumb system implemented by a-net , only confirm developers lack on interest in improving wvw quality

>

>

>

Cannot see how this would improve quality ,just seems lame that a server would do this in the first place, just play the game or uninstall if your not happy. Make everyones day.

> @"Titan.3472" said:

> Anet need to reward servers like SoS that have the fighting spirit with more/better links and let the useless lame guilds in JQ dies alone with their imaginary friends. Reward has a meaning and when a server tank to T4 to get link they should be manually adjust (which can be done in both way ya know what I mean) to be punish in consequences. (specially when you have a public proof of a ToS breach by said players. Praise DHUUM. It's all about promoting healthy behavior of gamer and prevent upside/down misbehaviors to take ground for repetition in game. And as a company some unhealthy customers need to be repeal for the better of all. No prisonner and no mercy for the evil corrupting minds. xD) Sometime you have to make an example to lead the desired path and send a CLEAR message. BTW Anet could also completely delete the guilds that called for such large scale grieffing behavior : this would send a clear message. (you have the list of the JQ guilds right below their propaganda...)

This is pretty funny given

1. SOS have been trying to leave T1 but BG keep propping them up.

2. BG have tanked many times in the past.

3. SOS tried to organise a hard 2v1 this week against BG to knock them out of T1. Mag is the worst server to try and organise this with however.

> @"Nightshade.2570" said:

> So I don't want to turn this thread into an arguement so not going to name the server. However I am in T3 and one of our enemy servers has stopped playing. I have to say its so rare to see this many guilds agree to such a drastic blackout, but next week they will definitely be in T4 where they do not belong, as well as possibly open for transfers. There maybe a guild or two still playing out of a sense of fairness but anyone can tell from looking at the points its unnatural. So what do you guys do? I am naturally curious in this case as I realized that for most upper tier servers it becomes advantageous to take weeks off so that your server gets opened for transfers, easier fights against less populated servers, and possibly a better rematch when it is time to relink. This is indeed a concerning problem as it also pushes servers up that shouldnt be. Generally its not good overall for this sort of manipulation to go on but I can't really blame them. Its more and more a concept I am heard thrown around in this one up one down system. I like the one up one down system but definitely fear this will cause us to lose it.

I think the appropriate response should be to split the server up and move its players to other servers. That would stop this nonsense, lol

> @"Columba.9730" said:

> > @"Nightshade.2570" said:

> > So I don't want to turn this thread into an arguement so not going to name the server. However I am in T3 and one of our enemy servers has stopped playing. I have to say its so rare to see this many guilds agree to such a drastic blackout, but next week they will definitely be in T4 where they do not belong, as well as possibly open for transfers. There maybe a guild or two still playing out of a sense of fairness but anyone can tell from looking at the points its unnatural. So what do you guys do? I am naturally curious in this case as I realized that for most upper tier servers it becomes advantageous to take weeks off so that your server gets opened for transfers, easier fights against less populated servers, and possibly a better rematch when it is time to relink. This is indeed a concerning problem as it also pushes servers up that shouldnt be. Generally its not good overall for this sort of manipulation to go on but I can't really blame them. Its more and more a concept I am heard thrown around in this one up one down system. I like the one up one down system but definitely fear this will cause us to lose it.

>

> I think the appropriate response should be to split the server up and move its players to other servers. That would stop this nonsense, lol

we play with friends not as work. so this is not a good idea by which, i mean it splits us up

> @"Columba.9730" said:

> > @"Nightshade.2570" said:

> > So I don't want to turn this thread into an arguement so not going to name the server. However I am in T3 and one of our enemy servers has stopped playing. I have to say its so rare to see this many guilds agree to such a drastic blackout, but next week they will definitely be in T4 where they do not belong, as well as possibly open for transfers. There maybe a guild or two still playing out of a sense of fairness but anyone can tell from looking at the points its unnatural. So what do you guys do? I am naturally curious in this case as I realized that for most upper tier servers it becomes advantageous to take weeks off so that your server gets opened for transfers, easier fights against less populated servers, and possibly a better rematch when it is time to relink. This is indeed a concerning problem as it also pushes servers up that shouldnt be. Generally its not good overall for this sort of manipulation to go on but I can't really blame them. Its more and more a concept I am heard thrown around in this one up one down system. I like the one up one down system but definitely fear this will cause us to lose it.

>

> I think the appropriate response should be to split the server up and move its players to other servers. That would stop this nonsense, lol

Yes the appropriate response would be to split Blackgate up and distribute its players to other servers.