Why does the game lack a no squad invite setting

roseria.7695

I am frankly getting kinda sick of constantly getting spam invited to squads i don't wanna join.

Why do we not have a feature that either auto denies or makes it so a person can't be re invited after the first no its been driving me kinda crazy that we don't have this yet.

I just wanna have a quiet peaceful time in this game with my friends but as long as we don't have this feature i can't have that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

We should NOT HAVE TO DO TAGLESS to avoid uninvited invites should we or offline or make our blocklists longer than a mile.

Respect peoples right to say no.

> @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> Could see this as a feature in the future. I assume you are getting spammed during some events/metas. Short term solution create a tagless squad for your party, that stops additional squad requests since it shows you are already in one if they try and invite.

I know you can do that but really you should not have todo so in the first place its kinda upsetting anet allowed this sort of harassment like spamming to still be in the game.

Well... If you're doing a Meta such as AB, Dragonstand, Triple Trebble, or WvW, the mechanics for each make it a lot easier if you're in the squad. Why?

It allows the commanders to coordinate numbers for ab so that it's balanced and you don't have South and East burning too fast and West getting ignored.

It means that Dragonstand can be separated into three equal groups with a favoring of South on numbers since the Elite on South right before Mord usually owns.

Triple Trebble if you've ever actually done it and actually participated in the actual event you'll understand.

WvW is usually mass, supply count, coordination, etc.

You can also tab to a chat (shift tab while the chat thing is selected I think) that doesn't have squad or party chat so you can be in peace.

Honestly it's hard getting players organized, grouped, directed, and so on for these events.

Sincerely,

A Dragonstand and Auric Basin commander

> @roseria.7695 said:

> > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > Could see this as a feature in the future. I assume you are getting spammed during some events/metas. Short term solution create a tagless squad for your party, that stops additional squad requests since it shows you are already in one if they try and invite.

>

> I know you can do that but really you should not have todo so in the first place its kinda upsetting anet allowed this sort of harassment like spamming to still be in the game.

Harassment? Honestly find it disturbing you would react like this. It's just a popup at the edge of your screen...

> @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> Well... If you're doing a Meta such as AB, Dragonstand, Triple Trebble, or WvW, the mechanics for each make it a lot easier if you're in the squad. Why?

> Sincerely,

> A Dragonstand and Auric Basin commander

Because some of us have friends who might not being doing the meta who we wanna talk to in a private space and we should have the right to be left alone without the constant spam from commanders when we do stuff not everybody is clueless it mind boggling how even if you ask nicely for them to respect ones right to say no its kinda sad to see people still have such an issue with respecting others rights to say no in this day and age, if i wanted to be in your squad i would join i as i always do but most of the time i just wanna talk to my friends.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > > Could see this as a feature in the future. I assume you are getting spammed during some events/metas. Short term solution create a tagless squad for your party, that stops additional squad requests since it shows you are already in one if they try and invite.

> >

> > I know you can do that but really you should not have todo so in the first place its kinda upsetting anet allowed this sort of harassment like spamming to still be in the game.

>

> Harassment? Honestly find it disturbing you would react like this. It's just a popup at the edge of your screen...

>

>

While it might not be an issue for you its an issue to alot of people who have stress related issues and that small pop up can be enough to push some people over on bad days sometimes you gotta look beyond your own nose and realize there are other minds in this world. To me its very much harassment when you ask kindly not only in say chat but also just be the simple action of declining that you don't wanna be part of it.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> > @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > > > Could see this as a feature in the future. I assume you are getting spammed during some events/metas. Short term solution create a tagless squad for your party, that stops additional squad requests since it shows you are already in one if they try and invite.

> > >

> > > I know you can do that but really you should not have todo so in the first place its kinda upsetting anet allowed this sort of harassment like spamming to still be in the game.

> >

> > Harassment? Honestly find it disturbing you would react like this. It's just a popup at the edge of your screen...

> >

> >

>

> While it might not be an issue for you its an issue to alot of people who have stress related issues and that small pop up can be enough to push some people over on bad days sometimes you gotta look beyond your own nose and realize there are other minds in this world. To me its very much harassment when you ask kindly not only in say chat but also just be the simple action of declining that you don't wanna be part of it.

You should take your own advice and look beyond your own nose and consider other people. There's a lot of people clustered around. They probably just kept spamming invites to get the group numbers up. I doubt it was a personal attack on you. And maybe there are a handful of bad commanders who will target someone like that but personally I have never seen that happen.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > Well... If you're doing a Meta such as AB, Dragonstand, Triple Trebble, or WvW, the mechanics for each make it a lot easier if you're in the squad. Why?

> > Sincerely,

> > A Dragonstand and Auric Basin commander

>

> Because some of us have friends who might not being doing the meta who we wanna talk to in a private space and we should have the right to be left alone without the constant spam from commanders when we do stuff not everybody is clueless it mind boggling how even if you ask nicely for them to respect ones right to say no its kinda sad to see people still have such an issue with respecting others rights to say no in this day and age, if i wanted to be in your squad i would join i as i always do but most of the time i just wanna talk to my friends.

Friends in the same map > Party or squad

Friends in different maps > G chat or Whisper ( or even party ).

What should be the problem?

Also, unless you are into a meta zone ( like TD ie), you won't get any invite.

If you are there then it's right that you get invites over and over, since it does not harm anybody and semplify the game.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > > Well... If you're doing a Meta such as AB, Dragonstand, Triple Trebble, or WvW, the mechanics for each make it a lot easier if you're in the squad. Why?

> > > Sincerely,

> > > A Dragonstand and Auric Basin commander

> >

> > Because some of us have friends who might not being doing the meta who we wanna talk to in a private space and we should have the right to be left alone without the constant spam from commanders when we do stuff not everybody is clueless it mind boggling how even if you ask nicely for them to respect ones right to say no its kinda sad to see people still have such an issue with respecting others rights to say no in this day and age, if i wanted to be in your squad i would join i as i always do but most of the time i just wanna talk to my friends.

>

> Friends in the same map > Party or squad

> Friends in different maps > G chat or Whisper ( or even party ).

>

> What should be the problem?

The problem is when you are in a party the commander can still spam invite you to their squad how did you not read the first post were its all stated. You should not be needed to press no maybe 10 15 even 20 times before they leave you alone or go offline and block them because they can't respect you don't wanna be part of it also guild chat is not a private space and we should not need to make our own squads to avoid invite. Also tell me how does one multi whisper all in the same chat ?

Deep down the problem is that you can spam invite people and that is not okay.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > > > Well... If you're doing a Meta such as AB, Dragonstand, Triple Trebble, or WvW, the mechanics for each make it a lot easier if you're in the squad. Why?

> > > > Sincerely,

> > > > A Dragonstand and Auric Basin commander

> > >

> > > Because some of us have friends who might not being doing the meta who we wanna talk to in a private space and we should have the right to be left alone without the constant spam from commanders when we do stuff not everybody is clueless it mind boggling how even if you ask nicely for them to respect ones right to say no its kinda sad to see people still have such an issue with respecting others rights to say no in this day and age, if i wanted to be in your squad i would join i as i always do but most of the time i just wanna talk to my friends.

> >

> > Friends in the same map > Party or squad

> > Friends in different maps > G chat or Whisper ( or even party ).

> >

> > What should be the problem?

>

> The problem is when you are in a party the commander can still spam invite you to their squad how did you not read the first post were its all stated. You should not be needed to press no maybe 10 15 even 20 times before they leave you alone or go offline and block them because they can't respect you don't wanna be part of it also guild chat is not a private space and we should not need to make our own squads to avoid invite. Also tell me how does one multi whisper all in the same chat ?

>

> Deep down the problem is that you can spam invite people and that is not okay.

I edited while u replied to me

> Also, unless you are into a meta zone ( like TD ie), you won't get any invite.

> If you are there then it's right that you get invites over and over, since it does not harm anybody and semplify the game.

However don't think that they will remember your name and press on you because reasons.

They will invite whoever is not in party.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > > > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > > > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > > > > Could see this as a feature in the future. I assume you are getting spammed during some events/metas. Short term solution create a tagless squad for your party, that stops additional squad requests since it shows you are already in one if they try and invite.

> > > >

> > > > I know you can do that but really you should not have todo so in the first place its kinda upsetting anet allowed this sort of harassment like spamming to still be in the game.

> > >

> > > Harassment? Honestly find it disturbing you would react like this. It's just a popup at the edge of your screen...

> > >

> > >

> >

> > While it might not be an issue for you its an issue to alot of people who have stress related issues and that small pop up can be enough to push some people over on bad days sometimes you gotta look beyond your own nose and realize there are other minds in this world. To me its very much harassment when you ask kindly not only in say chat but also just be the simple action of declining that you don't wanna be part of it.

>

> You should take your own advice and look beyond your own nose and consider other people. There's a lot of people clustered around. They probably just kept spamming invites to get the group numbers up. I doubt it was a personal attack on you. And maybe there are a handful of bad commanders who will target someone like that but personally I have never seen that happen.

>

This is not about personal attack i'm just stating it can feel like harassment and we need to have a feature were we all can feel okay about it and not just allowed these gross good for nothing spam invites that just make less and less sense.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > > @roseria.7695 said:

> > > > > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > > > > Well... If you're doing a Meta such as AB, Dragonstand, Triple Trebble, or WvW, the mechanics for each make it a lot easier if you're in the squad. Why?

> > > > > Sincerely,

> > > > > A Dragonstand and Auric Basin commander

> > > >

> > > > Because some of us have friends who might not being doing the meta who we wanna talk to in a private space and we should have the right to be left alone without the constant spam from commanders when we do stuff not everybody is clueless it mind boggling how even if you ask nicely for them to respect ones right to say no its kinda sad to see people still have such an issue with respecting others rights to say no in this day and age, if i wanted to be in your squad i would join i as i always do but most of the time i just wanna talk to my friends.

> > >

> > > Friends in the same map > Party or squad

> > > Friends in different maps > G chat or Whisper ( or even party ).

> > >

> > > What should be the problem?

> >

> > The problem is when you are in a party the commander can still spam invite you to their squad how did you not read the first post were its all stated. You should not be needed to press no maybe 10 15 even 20 times before they leave you alone or go offline and block them because they can't respect you don't wanna be part of it also guild chat is not a private space and we should not need to make our own squads to avoid invite. Also tell me how does one multi whisper all in the same chat ?

> >

> > Deep down the problem is that you can spam invite people and that is not okay.

>

> I edited while u replied to me

>

> > Also, unless you are into a meta zone ( like TD ie), you won't get any invite.

> > If you are there then it's right that you get invites over and over, since it does not harm anybody and semplify the game.

>

> However don't think that they will remember your name and press on you because reasons.

> They will invite whoever is not in party.

It harms if you just wanna talk to a group of friends on your own i have as much right to be in the map and do the meta without being in squad as others.

You can't just force something upon someone its not okay its not right and having such a mentality is just not okay and its why we need to have a system that allowed to be free of the spam and if we wanna join we will do it ourself.

During a meta, people in the squad are likely to invite "stragglers" into the squad. Each time, it will show as the commander initiating the invite even though it could be anyone. Not all chain-events need a squad, of course. But, for the ones that seem to (or the ones in which people think they need a squad), people in the squad are going to invite stragglers.

I'm not sure why some people get wigged about by being invited. Click "decline" (or keep getting the pop-up.)

(Along with other requests, I'm sure the game would benefit if being "invisible" also prevented invites. But I also don't see it as a priority.)

You might want to consider that different people are just going around inviting everybody who they see aren't in the squad (for coordination, number count, sup counting or boon sharing) and that nobody is purposefully "harassing" you or even taking special note of you or your character name.

Accusing people of not being able empathise with others because they don't automatically assume some niche mental issue is in play when someone complains to an unreasonable degree about something on the internet is not only pretty hostile, but also a bad way to win someone over for your cause, and so is hyperbole.

Not respecting people's right to say no and harassment are pretty strong accusations, maybe try to look beyond your nose and imagine some people might have Say chat disabled, simply not read it, or just different people end up inviting the same person multiple times without knowledge of each others invites.

And as already mentioned, if you want your private little group to chat in, doesn't a Tag less squad with those people provide exactly that, while also solving the squad invite issue you are having?

So the solution you are asking for already exists.

> @Asum.4960 said:

> You might want to consider that different people are just going around inviting everybody who they see aren't in the squad (for coordination, number count, sup counting or boon sharing) and that nobody is purposefully "harassing" you or even taking special note of you or your character name.

>

> Accusing people of not being able empathise with others because they don't automatically assume some niche mental issue is in play when someone complains to an unreasonable degree about something on the internet is not only pretty hostile, but also a bad way to win someone over for your cause, and so is hyperbole.

> Not respecting people's right to say no and harassment are pretty strong accusations, maybe try to look beyond your nose and imagine some people might have Say chat disabled, simply not read it, or just different people end up inviting the same person multiple times without knowledge of each others invites.

>

> And as already mentioned, if you want your private little group to chat in, doesn't a Tag less squad with those people provide exactly that, while also solving the squad invite issue you are having?

> So the solution you are asking for already exists.

You don't understand it do you we should NOT HAVE TO DO TAGLESS to avoid uninvited invites should we or offline or make our blocklists longer than a mile.

Respect peoples right to say no.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> It harms if you just wanna talk to a group of friends on your own i have as much right to be in the map and do the meta without being in squad as others.

>

> You can't just force something upon someone its not okay its not right and having such a mentality is just not okay and its why we need to have a system that allowed to be free of the spam and if we wanna join we will do it ourself.

While i get your point, i don't see that it could harm that much.

Also, i wouldn't like to see devs pushing the game towards these kind of modifies.

GW2 it's not a typical MMO but it's still a MMO, and as such it should be focused on cooperation and sharing things.

What i mean is that the game does not force you not to play with friends ( you can do all PVE and WVW with friends, and part of SPVP ).

Imagine a content like TD.

15 on ogre

how many on scar?

4 on scar, but i see many which can't be invited so we could be 10 or 12.

Do we need to send anybody from other lanes?

Not sure.

Imho it's the opposite as a mmo should be.

So people who are trying to organise for the benefit of the community are evil harassers and you don't want to put the effort of 2 clicks in to have your way in creating a safe space.

I'm sorry, but it seems you are just eager to fight a fight here and not to get a solution.

> @Asum.4960 said:

> So people who are trying to organise for the benefit of the community are evil harassers and you don't want to put the effort of 2 clicks in to have your way in creating a safe space.

>

> I'm sorry, but it seems you are just eager to fight a fight here and not to get a solution.

A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

> @roseria.7695 said:

> A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

But you won't get any invite unless you are in the specific part of the map designed to meta.

> @Asum.4960 said:

> So people who are trying to organise for the benefit of the community are evil harassers and you don't want to put the effort of 2 clicks in to have your way in creating a safe space.

>

> I'm sorry, but it seems you are just eager to fight a fight here and not to get a solution.

This has nothing todo with safe spaces but i should not have to squad up to avoid uninvited invites.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @roseria.7695 said:

> > A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

>

> But you won't get any invite unless you are in the specific part of the map designed to meta.

So what you are saying is that people are not allowed to map take screenshots for art or just have an adventure in any map that is designed as a meta because of the meta or am i missing your point ?

> @roseria.7695 said:

> A solution would be a feature one can turn on to avoid invites or make it so you can't invite people in parties since you can't just pull a tagless squad up every single time you wanna do anything in a hot map or a pof map or wvw or if you are just on the same map mapping when tt wurm is up.

May I ask why not?