PvP Discussion: Miscellaneous

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> When you reintroduced Celestial amulet, you guys said that if the new reduced stat count on the amulet was to harsh you might consider increase it's stat totals. The current 460 stat amulet is definitely not useful for anyone. Are there any plans for increasing Celestial's stat value in the future?

>

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @Vancho.8750 said:

> > > > > Will there be new amulets, sigils and runes any time soon?

> > > >

> > > > We just released a batch of new amulets not too long ago. And did a big sigil rework in May. I'm sure we'll do additional revisions, but not in the near future.

> > >

> > > Can you elaborate why Rune of the Scourge was not included with the other profession runes?

> >

> > The tier 6 bonus of Gain a barrier when you are struck while below the 50% health threshold. We didn't want to add more passive buffs to PvP.

>

> What about changing it's 6pc bonus? It wouldn't be the first time a rune had it's 6pc bonus changed for PvP. (see vamp runes)

>

> Right now there is a definitive lack of runes with healing power and condition damage. Also having a rune that interacts with barrier in some manner would be nice given that there are several classes with barrier access now.

>

I feel like if Weaver had might stacking, Celestial amulet would be best in slot.

Engineer, War, Necro, none have the build attributes needed to use cele anymore.

That's fine, it's no fault of the amulet in my opinion.

Kinda like we have no meta wizard amulet builds. Hybrid damage is just not existing in builds anymore

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Idea:

*Let's move back toward one particular GW1 trope. In the earlier game you can have immunity to spells or even to all attacks, briefly. In return, you may not attack or cast spells.* This makes sense from both a gaming and a metaphysical perspective and it leads to much better balance.

GW2 already respects this to some extent. For example, a thief may be invisible and therefore partially immune to attack. However, she may not attack on pain of losing the protection.( I do remember the days before the revealed mechanic, yes. )

The passive immunity and stability in this game makes it possible to sustain artificially high damage and ... I almost want to say obscene levels of CC. Back those off, or make them work at the cost of not attacking ( like a block, but attack skills are momentarily turned off when they activate, while they are active.) This would go a long way toward making balance better. and reviving play styles like interrupt.

Hey!

Have you guys thought about possible changes to how acquiring stats in PvP works? Until now we had 1 amulet to choose from and thats it (apart from runes giving out additional stats). What do you think about having 3 amulets to pick stats on. Lets say 1 for weapons, 1 for armor and 1 for trinkets. I think it would bring more variety into builds.

Thoughts?

All of these discussions are pointless unless there is a serious balance pass on elite specs and Anet stop deliberately choosing PvP metas. I mean how can you have a discussion about match-making when having 2 scourges on one team and none on the other. That isn't a match-making issue, that is actually a balance issue. Lets talk about maps. Anet has chosen not to balance power and condi builds, condi is really a must because maps were made during the melee power meta era, so most caps are smaller than condi fields/auras. This means the team that can plaster a cap with condis tends to win it. So either reel in condis or design maps that don't favor condi aoe (maps like sky hammer, Foefire etc. are worse because caps are enclosed by structures). The point I'm making is without serious balancing this and more will always be an issue because you don't feel like skill alone is determining who wins, but what elite specs are being fielded. Lets face it spamming fire-and-forget aoe condis doesn't take any skill at all, you don't even need to target someone just the general area because they are so big.

I've heard some rumours that some of your servers are now under Amazon, and that it was causing issues for some people in term of latency. For the first time today I experienced this issue myself, and it was absolutely unplayable. Can we can a clarification what is going on with this, and is this something that is going to be resolved if it actually is the cause for said issues?

Hey Ben, what is the possibility of a forfeit option for matches that are blowouts. I have had times being on both ends of a blowout match where one of the teams has entirely given up and the winning team is merely waiting for points to tick away to get their next match. Honestly being on either side of that is simply just not fun. Is there anything in the works where if this happens and everyone on one team were to /forfeit it would just decide the match early?

Also thank you for taking the time to engage with the community in these discussions.

Please add a 1v1 ranked gamemode. It's perfect for low population. Beeing rank 1 in a 1v1 leaderbord would be so prestigious. Duelling is a verry important skill for 5v5 but can Not really be practised. It would help making the balance of classes easier, because more data about build + class performance would be aviable. 1v1 is the most honorable gamemode. Just imagine the YouTube Video you could do about this gamemode. For example highlight videos where you beat up top layers. This gamemode could create new personalities around pvp. Pls implement a ranked 1v1 mode, I really want it.

I would love to be able to customize the team name and icon on both AT but also ranked/unranked. On AT it should be something that everyone on the team agrees(maybe when you sign up), but on ranked/unraked just let everyone make their own team name/icon and the system randomly picks one.

You should have a tab on the pvp ui where you design the name/icon before the match.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Raikidd.5803" said:

> I would love to be able to customize the team name and icon on both AT but also ranked/unranked. On AT it should be something that everyone on the team agrees(maybe when you sign up), but on ranked/unraked just let everyone make their own team name/icon and the system randomly picks one.

> You should have a tab on the pvp ui where you design the name/icon before the match.

This was in the original design, but got cut for time in favor of guild teams. Unfortunately, people rarely use guild teams, so I'm hoping we have time to get back to it someday. But, it's not a super high priority.

BUILD TEMPLATES. :)

Here's an idea: You could give them to us similar to Shared Inventory Slots. Maybe the next expac (or SOONER Lyssa bless) you give us one free template. Then the others go on sale in the Gem Store. Enable the ability to name them and categorize them as "High Sustain, Condition, DPS Burst, Thief Eater, etc etc"

I understand these templates might be harder to implement in PvE and WvW, but I assume it'd be easier in PvP.

I enjoy exploring PvE inbetween of my PvP matches. Can I please not have my food removed when I come back to PvE? It would be fine to freeze the food duration and disable it during the PvP match. As it is right now I either have to deal with not having food either reapply it after every match.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> I'd like to bring up the idea of casting bars again, I think that was a brilliant suggestion. Could you make this happen? It might make interrupt play a thing.

dont remind me, i used to play interrupt ranger back in gw1. i loved that kind of playstyle. but i think gw2 ui is cluttered enough already :/

It would be nice to see, your team mates elite spec into the team UI, even your matchup´s elite specs.

And some changes to the amulets selection to be more intuitive. Right now we only have a healthy selection of "power" amulets, while other categories are lacking.

As far is undesirable having too many tanky amulets, maybe having a UI sorting them by Power/Condi_Vit/Toughness_Offensive/defensive to help to choose the right one.

Ben, Quaggan has a question, it's "balancing" question, but it's about Amulets, which is the part you handle, not "balance team".

Quaggan wonders, if you considered ever adding profession unique Amulets? Minstrel for example, while we know Minstrel would be completly broken on Druid or Firebrand, it could be "fine" as Elementalist exclusive.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> Ben, Quaggan has a question, it's "balancing" question, but it's about Amulets, which is the part you handle, not "balance team".

> Quaggan wonders, if you considered ever adding profession unique Amulets? Minstrel for example, while we know Minstrel would be completly broken on Druid or Firebrand, it could be "fine" as Elementalist exclusive.

We'd need some new tech. I'm not sure it's something we'd want to do, as I think it might add some confusion to the game. But we can talk about it internally.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217" said:

> > This is about as "miscellaneous" as it gets, but can you see about getting "Pile of Silky Sand" added to the 'consume all' designation? I pretty much want to kill myself after completing Maguuma Wastes reward track

>

> I'll ask whoever worked on 'consume all' if there is a reason it was left out.

another one that just popped into my head while thinking about QoL for Reward Tracks: perhaps using the PoF mechanic of auto-consuming karma potions for the Wintersday reward track?