condi damage in the upcoming patch

Lexan.5930

> @"Nimon.7840" said:B

No mesmer is giving 30stacks of confusions in 1 second unless your already standing on a ethereal field i already have 3 clones up axe 2 for whirl immediately 3 and shatter at the same time and then ambush while your still on the said etheral field thats coming from Chaos storm that has a 30second cd. And in all of this you must not dodge.

And even then i don't even think thats 30stacks its about 20-25 and i just blew every cd i had to do that, Blowing all your cds for 20 stacks of confuse that u can either wait out or cleanse isn't OP.

All of which have huge tells except ambush axe1.

I personally cant wait for these changes ive always been a fan of power builds and power builds on necro and power builds in general despite them being lackluster in numbers.

Power core /Power reaper was always fun to play. My biggest hope here is that the vuln changes help reaper out dramatically and that condi overall gets toned down. If it was up to me all professions would have about the same ramp up time it takes for necro to start ticking hard conditions not counting the condi reaper build in which you chill for bleeds or scourge where you pop a shade under some one and pres 2 buttons. Necros core condi was some of the slowest ramp time in the game all professions should ramp at about this speed. Some a little faster or a little slower based on how strength of the conditions they are working with.

Most power builds still need more punch to them though.

I dont enjoy any part of socurge as its just not made to my play style and forces you into condition. It has no real power options.

(questioning why reaper still has a condi trait despite anet saying they want it to be a power spec. while scourge has no power traits at all.)

As for what what else i want to see on necro. I would like to see scourge have at least one good power option in its traits or remove the one condi trait from reapers traits and make it into something strong that works with power as reaper is apparently intended to be.

Less instant damage conditions i.e burns, confusion These conditions specifically ramp way too fast. No wonder people dont opt for power landing a stack of burns will do you 2-3k dps or more on the first tick or two on its own why work for those 2-3k crits right?

You should be able to see the peek of a condi sustain damage creeping up on you to counter it.

ehh its a mess right now anet has alot of work to do.

It's unclear whether everything is getting changed or just certain classes/skills... As for Scourge in PvE (raids), even if the change affects every condi skill in the game, it will likely change nothing in their raid representation.

It's just going to make fights with a lot of phasing/invuln stages even less viable for condi builds (but nobody was playing scourge on those already).

And fights where epidemic is used (MO, Sam, Deimos CM, Desminda) will probably still be condi/epi viable because they don't have a lot of phases that stop or reset condi-ramp-up-times. The only fight where people use condi/epi that might shift away from it is probably Sabetha, but then again, she has a lot of opportunities to be epi-bounced, so that may still be a thing.

All speculation tho, I guess we'll find out.