Will you find Mirage useful in GW2?

Abelisk.4527

Interesting: 44% : 55% with 81 votes in, yet 75% or more posts are negative?

I think I will enjoy Mirage and do find it useful for my preferred playstyle (PuG PvP and WvW solo roaming). I fully expect some boosts by release, although I agree it probably won't be everything Mirage needs to be perfect. I do think it'll be enough to make the already pretty fun mechanics, a bit more forgiving as well as more competitive.

I do not expect it will be the new meta in pro-teams, and personally I'm not crying alligator tears over that. I realize to some this Elite will never be considered good enough, at least not until it replaces Chrono, but IMO it was never intended to do that and probably (hopefully) never will.

I do hope we will see at least some QoL changes here and there by release. It would indeed be very disappointing to see nothing improved since BWE, since there certainly were some valid issues with some ambushes, mirrors, axe skills, End regen, and Deception utilities. All of these need some tweaking, but the core is a boatload of fun, and leaps and bounds more enjoyable than the current meta Chrono.

Mirage will definitely bring an upgrade to condi mesmer in general, though that being said, condi mesmer is not overly useful in any group situation.

However, for WvW roaming, open world and PvP (though chrono will still be the superior spec there, because of CS), Mirage will definitely fit very well. Power burst shatter builds might also gain some improvements with Mirage, but we'll see about that.