Condi is destroying the game.

Zenral.3958

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> I mean hitting literally, if I swing my scepter, I don´t hit my opponent, if a necro raises his hand to cast, he doesn´t hit his opponent.

> What I mean is, that it feels odd when invisible actions cause damage.

> You can see the arrow, you can see the sword, for me personally it is strange that something that you can´t really see, causes so much damage.

>

> Probably I can´t describe the problem I have with conditions, maybe the next patch solves one major issue, that conditions can deal overall more damage in a few seconds than power can. (Exceptions are possible but aberrations verify the rule)

The attack that delivered the original condition is no different than any other. You can see it and evade it. But once that condition is applied, it's going to deal it's damage unless you do something about it.

Condi burst wouldn't be an issue if we had a split between PvE and PvP/WvW. I just don't see how you're going to balance damage in a game mode where ramping up to 10k+ DPS in <10s is perfectly reasonable with game modes where you attack players that can't survive more than a couple of seconds against that kind of damage. I recognize that players have counter skills and that full glass builds don't typically do very well in PvP/WvW, but I think the problem is still obvious.

We need condition cap seriously, the game was designed with condi cap in mind, and it is the only reason condi was not OP pre HoT anywhere with pvp involved.

I believe the cap should be there for player receive side but applier side should still receive full credit for taking down a target even his condition did not actually doing damage because of cap.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> We need condition cap seriously, the game was designed with condi cap in mind, and it is the only reason condi was not OP pre HoT anywhere with pvp involved.

>

> I believe the cap should be there for player receive side but applier side should still receive full credit for taking down a target even his condition did not actually doing damage because of cap.

The cap was removed for a reason, condition builds were literally useless in most of the game until then.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > We need condition cap seriously, the game was designed with condi cap in mind, and it is the only reason condi was not OP pre HoT anywhere with pvp involved.

> >

> > I believe the cap should be there for player receive side but applier side should still receive full credit for taking down a target even his condition did not actually doing damage because of cap.

> The cap was removed for a reason, condition builds were literally useless in most of the game until then.

But the removal of cap did hurt the game a lot especially on pvp side. I think we need the cap back but a different way.

Hard condition cap by each individual applier. For example if 3 stack burn cap for each applier, 3 applier still make 9 stack burn on the same target, this way can help limit the burst potential of conditions. I believe the cap will be much easier way for anet to balance out power and condition output.