Expertise should be split into two stats

One for damaging conditions and one for non damaging conditions.

**Expertise:** Increases the duration of all non-damaging conditions or "Ailments". (Weakness, Vulnerability, Cripple, Chill, Taunt, Immobilize, Blind, Slow, Fear)

**Malice:** Increases the duration of all damaging conditions or "Injuries". (Bleed, Burn, Poison, Confusion, Torment.)

Make the new Expertise give twice as much % per point to make it competitive with other stats. Now DoTs and debuffs can actually be balanced separately and don't come in a convenient overloaded package.

While this strikes me as a decent idea... It would require a massive amount of redesign in stat sets.

Counter-suggestion:

expertise increases the duration of outgoing damaging conditions, and reduces the duration of incoming damaging conditions.

Concentration increases the duration of boons, and debuffs. And decreases the duration of incoming debuffs.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> No thanks, there are already enough useless stat combinations in the game, adding another stat now would just increase the chances of getting even more useless stat combination gear, which I do not want to see.

I have to go with this.

At times I see many stat combinations and keep wondering "What the skritt does this even work for? Which class? I can't think of one... sure not mine."

> @"BrokenGlass.9356" said:

> While this strikes me as a decent idea... It would require a massive amount of redesign in stat sets.

>

> Counter-suggestion:

>

> expertise increases the duration of outgoing damaging conditions, and reduces the duration of incoming damaging conditions.

>

> Concentration increases the duration of boons, and debuffs. And decreases the duration of incoming debuffs.

>

Counter-counter suggestion:

Condition damage is changed to also increase condition duration. The amount of duration and damaged is recalculated for ease of balance (it may result in less damage per tic but increased durations or vice versa depending on the damaging condition). Ultimately, Condi would be a secondary source of damage supplemented by power or support.

Expertise is altered to only increase duration and effectiveness of non-damaging conditions. Changes to those conditions would affect overall effects (ex: vulnerability would stack up to 50x but gated by expertise (if you have 0 expertise you can only stack 5 and if target is already afflicted with 5 by someone else, your stacks do not apply)). Support need not only focus on healing and boons but could offer support with non damaging conditions.