Is ANet forgetting how kittened conditions were in open world PvE?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The objective is to inflict enough damage before a mob dies. Event participation, for sure, does not factor in mob death loot. Guard/DH traps and the infamous loot stick negatively affected loot allocation for many other jobs.

What I cannot remember is if the odds of being awarded xp follows the same ratio as looting odds, meaning tagging odds are equal to looting odds, as others have stated.

Regarless, total damage on any one mob has a threshold, or formula, for loot calculations.

> @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > Conditions have not been bad since HOT.

> > > > > > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > > > > Conditions (in PvE) apply guaranteed dps at the risk of having them cleared, which Arenanet does not let happen. They count upon stack limits.

> > > > >

> > > > > Guys read the OP, I am 110% for making conditions less bursty and I understand ANets decision to do so.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is not about conditions damage dealing ability in general or as compared to power.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is about their ability to give you kill credit for "trash mobs" that die to power damage too quickly for your conditions to tick.

> > > >

> > > > So you are saying that people playing condition builds in PVE may not get the same amount of loot due to power builds killing mobs quickly? That sounds like you are saying playing a condition build in PVE is going to be useless, from a loot perspective.

> > >

> > > Are you sure about the loot? Can you provide maybe a wiki link or official statement?

> >

> > I'm just trying to understand what the OP said. I have no idea.

>

> Well then maybe we should see how the changes will affect the loot and event tagging and then jump on our brooms with pitchforks and torches.

I was not jumping on anything, or complaining about anything. This could be the best change ANET has made in a long time. But the OP made it seem like condi builds won't get the same amount of loot from events, which is ridiculous, and also pointless as we don't know how drastic the changes are gonna be anyway.

The problem was condition stacks being limited to 25.

So if enough players using condition builds were hitting the same target,they were constantly over

writing each other's conditions.

Now this is not an issue anymore.

On the other hand,DoT damage that can achieve the same level of burst as well....err burst damage

is very much a problem.

This was never an issue in any game I've played other than in GW2.

No DoT build can or should ever achieve the same amount of spontaneous DPS as a burst build,and

the compensation comes in the form of easier to apply ranged AoE sustained attacks.

The day Anet decided to make DoT DPS equivalent to Burst DPS,the combat in this game went downhill

and it's still rolling.Downwards.

> @"Aenaos.8160" said:

> The problem was condition stacks being limited to 25.

> So if enough players using condition builds were hitting the same target,they were constantly over

> writing each other's conditions.

> Now this is not an issue anymore.

> On the other hand,DoT damage that can achieve the same level of burst as well....err burst damage

> is very much a problem.

> This was never an issue in any game I've played other than in GW2.

> No DoT build can or should ever achieve the same amount of spontaneous DPS as a burst build,and

> the compensation comes in the form of easier to apply ranged AoE sustained attacks.

> The day Anet decided to make DoT DPS equivalent to Burst DPS,the combat in this game went downhill

> and it's still rolling.Downwards.

This is just a quick video of a 9-10s veteran mordant crescent arbiter kill. Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to read my meter on the youtube version, but the original copy is more clear and I was able to see the DPS output from one moment to the next. In this video, I begin at around 4.5k DPS and ramp up through 5k, 6k, 7k, 8k, peaking 9.6k at about the 9s mark where the arbiter dies.

My question is how slow does that ramp up need to be? You can't tell me power-based burst builds take 10s to ramp up or that they're only capable of producing 4.5k DPS burst. Neither of those statements are true. It may not take long for condi to catch up, but when you're talking burst we're talking about short fights like the one in the video. And I'm just not seeing a problem here. There is clearly a ramp up time.

So let's answer that question, condi burst nerf proponents: How long should condi ramp up time be? Is the above video indicative of a problem? Why or why not?

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> Maybe the solution would be to make conditions count as MORE than just DPS when it comes to mob tagging. Like if Player A hits a mob for 50 power damage, and Player B hits a mob with a DoT that would do 50 damage over 10 seconds, but he dies in three, then it would register the full damage when the hit first lands (for the purposes of kill credit).

Something like a yellow health bar over the green that shows how much damage the current dots will do if they last all the way would be helpful as well. It would show expected damage which might make it easier to register as a kill.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

>

>

>

> This is just a quick video of a 9-10s veteran mordant crescent arbiter kill. Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to read my meter on the youtube version, but the original copy is more clear and I was able to see the DPS output from one moment to the next. In this video, I begin at around 4.5k DPS and ramp up through 5k, 6k, 7k, 8k, peaking 9.6k at about the 9s mark where the arbiter dies.

>

> My question is how slow does that ramp up need to be? You can't tell me power-based burst builds take 10s to ramp up or that they're only capable of producing 4.5k DPS burst. Neither of those statements are true. It may not take long for condi to catch up, but when you're talking burst we're talking about short fights like the one in the video. And I'm just not seeing a problem here. There is clearly a ramp up time.

>

> So let's answer that question, condi burst nerf proponents: How long should condi ramp up time be? Is the above video indicative of a problem? Why or why not?

This video is actually a good illustration. Your initial attack only does blind and cripple. So, if you are doing 4.5K in the first second, it's all power damage. A subsequent attack procs 4 different conditions with one hit. No matter the actual damage numbers, that's way more than the standard MMO player is used to seeing from a DoT.

In other games, there's no initial heavy hit (which in GW2 can be quite heavy if the attacker is wearing Viper's). The initial hit and the DoT are the same damage. The overall damage is comparable to a burst attack's, but it's spread out over the duration of the DoT. To apply an additional DoT effect, the attacker must use a different skill. There's no DoT in those games that applies multiple damaging stacks of the same thing at the same time. Sure, that's largely a perception issue, but perceptions are very important as they shape people's expectations. That's not to say that there is no numerical issues.

On some professions, the numbers are an issue. Your subsequent attack, the one that added four condis, is common in GW2 condi builds. In WvW at least, something like that attack is often the initial attack. It's likely to do 1/4 or more of the defender's health (unless mitigated) immediately, while applying 4 or maybe more stacks of conditions. A certain profession can do that kind of attack 3 or more times in succession, more than enough to overwhelm dodge, block and maybe one's cleansing options, while also corrupting boons and applying enough passive defense to absorb the defender's return attacks. That's an issue.

Whether the changes coming today will be across the board, or will selectively address certain professions which can do initial heavy damage with little to no downside remains to be seen. I usually find that my view (and that of a lot of other players, it seems) and the view of the balance devs are not in alignment.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

Mesmer

Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.

Chaos Vortex: This skill now attempts to face the selected target before firing when it's targeted on foes beside or behind the caster.

Ether Clone: Torment duration has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.

Portal Exeunt: This skill now performs a range check before activating to prevent unusable portals from being created.

Arcane Thievery: In addition to its previous effects, successfully hitting a target now inflicts slow on the target for 4 seconds while granting quickness to the mesmer for the same duration.

Mantra of Recovery: Healing has been increased by 25% when fully charged.

Mantra of Pain: Increased might stacks from 8 to 12.

Mantra of Concentration: This skill now grants quickness for 5 seconds when fully charged, in addition to its previous effects.

Mantra of Resolve: This skill no longer grants resistance when fully charged. Instead, it now removes all conditions.

Tides of Time: Improved the consistency of the returning wave in situations where the outgoing wave impacts walls or terrain.

_Imaginary Axes: Increased the confusion stacks applied by the player from 2 to 3. Increased the duration of confusion stacks applied by both the player and clones from 4 seconds to 5 seconds._

_Phantasmal Seeking Axe: Increased torment duration from 3 seconds to 4.5 seconds._

Looks like you need not worry about your Mirage, at least.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > Conditions have not been bad since HOT.

> > > > > > > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > > > > > Conditions (in PvE) apply guaranteed dps at the risk of having them cleared, which Arenanet does not let happen. They count upon stack limits.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guys read the OP, I am 110% for making conditions less bursty and I understand ANets decision to do so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is not about conditions damage dealing ability in general or as compared to power.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is about their ability to give you kill credit for "trash mobs" that die to power damage too quickly for your conditions to tick.

> > > > >

> > > > > So you are saying that people playing condition builds in PVE may not get the same amount of loot due to power builds killing mobs quickly? That sounds like you are saying playing a condition build in PVE is going to be useless, from a loot perspective.

> > > >

> > > > Are you sure about the loot? Can you provide maybe a wiki link or official statement?

> > >

> > > I'm just trying to understand what the OP said. I have no idea.

> >

> > Well then maybe we should see how the changes will affect the loot and event tagging and then jump on our brooms with pitchforks and torches.

>

> I was not jumping on anything, or complaining about anything. This could be the best change ANET has made in a long time. But the OP made it seem like condi builds won't get the same amount of loot from events, which is ridiculous, and also pointless as we don't know how drastic the changes are gonna be anyway.

Yes you were, if we don't know how extensive the changes are, then logically, we also do not know whether or not the issues I state could ( not would) happen will. I'm not speaking in absolutes here, I'm asking and imploring ANet to be considerate to PVE players and not, for what seems like the MILLIONTH TIME in this games history, make damaging changes to the PvE experience for the sake of PvP balance. And now that the patch is out, I guess we'll see, but ANets track record doesn't make me particularly hopeful.

And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

>

> Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

>

> Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

>

What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> >

> > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> >

> > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> >

>

> What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

>

> Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

Yeah lots of time, condi engi :)

Btw since when condi ele is a thing?

> > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > >

> > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > >

> > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > >

> >

> > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> >

> > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

>

> Yeah lots of time, condi engi :)

> Btw since when condi ele is a thing?

First, you can take your churlish self-centered elitism back to the raid forums where it belongs. We are talking open world PvE here, content that is supposed to possible to complete with any build, there is no room for the "git gud" leetspeak demographics opinion in the context of this subject.

Second, if I had to play this game with a butt naked character in order to get loot drops, I and anyone who knows what they are doing would do so with a flamethrower or grenade engineer. Those are the two best tagging weapons in the game and operate as such totally regardless of your build.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > > >

> > > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> > >

> > > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

> >

> > Yeah lots of time, condi engi :)

> > Btw since when condi ele is a thing?

>

> First, you can take your churlish self-centered elitism back to the raid forums where it belongs. We are talking open world PvE here, content that is supposed to possible to complete with any build, there is no room for the "git gud" leetspeak demographics opinion in the context of this subject.

>

> Second, if I had to play this game with a butt naked character in order to get loot drops, I and anyone who knows what they are doing would do so with a flamethrower or grenade engineer. Those are the two best tagging weapons in the game and operate as such totally regardless of your build.

But you said that you couldn't tag anything with elementalist one of the best AOE damage builds in the game.

Then again naked engi with flamethrower might work, have you tried it?

Btw did you try meta events after the change to see how it is? Is it working as always?

P.S. I mostly play open world PvE, but not the silverWAstes type of farms. Just the occasional meta or world boss.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> >

> > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> >

> > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> >

>

> What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

>

> Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

They most certainly did and announced as such. Sorry you either don't recall it or are just ignoring it, but the most certainly changed the rate at which the server checks for condi application.

> But you said that you couldn't tag anything with elementalist one of the best AOE damage builds in the game.

> Then again naked engi with flamethrower might work, have you tried it?

What on earth are you talking about? Yes I did say that, and? What did you not understand about speed being the principal factor here? Area of effect only helps if the area hits targets quickly and often enough to count before they're killed by other players. The average ele AoE hits less than once a second, while the flamethrower hits five times a second and grenades hit six times a second, both in AoE. In other words, your condition weapon, is hitting with power damage five to six times before my condition have even dealt any damage. Your comparison is completely inapplicable.

> Btw did you try meta events after the change to see how it is? Is it working as always?

How does that pertain to this subject? I'm talking about tagging mobs, and you're asking me if I tried "tagging" enemies with healthbars in the millions who take for 10-15 minutes for a hundred players to kill?

And with that, I'm circling back to the "Does anyone actually know what they are talking about?" question.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > >

> > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > >

> > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > >

> >

> > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> >

> > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

>

> They most certainly did and announced as such. Sorry you either don't recall it or are just ignoring it, but the most certainly changed the rate at which the server checks for condi application.

Uhuh, show me the patch notes then.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Updates

Or go in to game, time it, and record it,

Or scroll up the page, and check the video which shows a timer and conditions ticking. But you won't do that, because they clearly tick once a second and you don't give a crap about being correct you care about babying your wounded pride.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > > >

> > > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> > >

> > > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

> >

> > They most certainly did and announced as such. Sorry you either don't recall it or are just ignoring it, but the most certainly changed the rate at which the server checks for condi application.

>

> Uhuh, show me the patch notes then.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Updates

Uh huh right here

>! Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-03-19#Bug_Fixes

Look at that it means that they are checking every .5 seconds.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> > > >

> > > > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

> > >

> > > They most certainly did and announced as such. Sorry you either don't recall it or are just ignoring it, but the most certainly changed the rate at which the server checks for condi application.

> >

> > Uhuh, show me the patch notes then.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Updates

>

> Uh huh right here

> >! Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-03-19#Bug_Fixes

>

> Look at that it means that they are checking every .5 seconds.

Can you read? That's not what that says!

It says that if a condition has a fraction of second left over, that damage equal to that fraction will be added on to another tick, not that they tick more often.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> > > > >

> > > > > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

> > > >

> > > > They most certainly did and announced as such. Sorry you either don't recall it or are just ignoring it, but the most certainly changed the rate at which the server checks for condi application.

> > >

> > > Uhuh, show me the patch notes then.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Updates

> >

> > Uh huh right here

> > >! Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-03-19#Bug_Fixes

> >

> > Look at that it means that they are checking every .5 seconds.

>

> Can you read? That's not what that says!

>

> It says that if a condition has a fraction of second left over, that damage equal to that fraction will be added on to another tick, not that they tick more often.

I never said they tick more, i said it checks more.

Thanks have a nice day. Perhaps play the content before leaping to false conclusions about tagging as its still good.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > > > > > > > And if I may say, ya'll that are saying tagging with conditions was only an issue when hitting the 25 stack limit, are absolutely full of it. Basically the only build I played for the first 2 years this game was out was my condition elementalist, and I would extremely frequently lose kill credit on mobs when there was a single one of the old GS warriors or LB rangers around, without any mob ever coming even close to hitting the 25 stack. Would frequently lose credit for entire events to a single zerker that could one shot everything as fast as it spawned. The stack limit was factually NOT the only issue with condition tagging by an measure whatsoever.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, for what little bits of the patch i was able to play without crashing i've had 0 problems with getting tag credit.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? They never made any such change! Check the wiki, or go into the game with a stopwatch! Conditions tick once a second at the end of the second and always have.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Has anybody questioning me ever actually played a condition build under the _new_ system? Let alone the old one? Because it seems like 99% of you are making up misinformation on the fly in defense of your own playstyle.

> > > > >

> > > > > They most certainly did and announced as such. Sorry you either don't recall it or are just ignoring it, but the most certainly changed the rate at which the server checks for condi application.

> > > >

> > > > Uhuh, show me the patch notes then.

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Updates

> > >

> > > Uh huh right here

> > > >! Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-03-19#Bug_Fixes

> > >

> > > Look at that it means that they are checking every .5 seconds.

> >

> > Can you read? That's not what that says!

> >

> > It says that if a condition has a fraction of second left over, that damage equal to that fraction will be added on to another tick, not that they tick more often.

>

> I never said they tick more, i said it checks more.

> Thanks have a nice day. Perhaps play the content before leaping to false conclusions about tagging as its still good.

What a load of face-saving crap, and still technically incorrect to boot.

There is no indication, from a technical standpoint, that it checks every half a second. It could, but it could also be set when you first apply a new condition, or once a condition has a certain amount of time left, or any number of other ways.

EDIT: Actually no, I was giving you too much credit, it couldn't possibly work by checking every half a second because nowhere does it say the amount is rounded to 0.5 or any other number, the 0.5 was just given as an example, not a measurement of the interval it "checks" anything.

And your exact words, quoted before you change them in further efforts to save face:

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> Yes, but that was also before they changed the condition damage interval from 1s to .5.

*Condition damage interval*, as in the interval at which conditions deal damage.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

>

> Mesmer

> Inspiring Distortion: This trait now grants 5 seconds of aegis instead of 1 second of distortion.

> Chaos Vortex: This skill now attempts to face the selected target before firing when it's targeted on foes beside or behind the caster.

> Ether Clone: Torment duration has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 9 seconds.

> Portal Exeunt: This skill now performs a range check before activating to prevent unusable portals from being created.

> Arcane Thievery: In addition to its previous effects, successfully hitting a target now inflicts slow on the target for 4 seconds while granting quickness to the mesmer for the same duration.

> Mantra of Recovery: Healing has been increased by 25% when fully charged.

> Mantra of Pain: Increased might stacks from 8 to 12.

> Mantra of Concentration: This skill now grants quickness for 5 seconds when fully charged, in addition to its previous effects.

> Mantra of Resolve: This skill no longer grants resistance when fully charged. Instead, it now removes all conditions.

> Tides of Time: Improved the consistency of the returning wave in situations where the outgoing wave impacts walls or terrain.

> _Imaginary Axes: Increased the confusion stacks applied by the player from 2 to 3. Increased the duration of confusion stacks applied by both the player and clones from 4 seconds to 5 seconds._

> _Phantasmal Seeking Axe: Increased torment duration from 3 seconds to 4.5 seconds._

>

> Looks like you need not worry about your Mirage, at least.

>

I can't argue with that! Color me pleasantly surprised! I worried they would just finish mirage off after that fairly heavy bugfix nerf to axe clone ambush builds in the previous patch. I'm glad to see they held off on that for mirage and even gave a little back! Hopefully this will help ambush builds become more relevant.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > But you said that you couldn't tag anything with elementalist one of the best AOE damage builds in the game.

> > Then again naked engi with flamethrower might work, have you tried it?

> What on earth are you talking about? Yes I did say that, and? What did you not understand about speed being the principal factor here? Area of effect only helps if the area hits targets quickly and often enough to count before they're killed by other players. The average ele AoE hits less than once a second, while the flamethrower hits five times a second and grenades hit six times a second, both in AoE. In other words, your condition weapon, is hitting with power damage five to six times before my condition have even dealt any damage. Your comparison is completely inapplicable.

>

> > Btw did you try meta events after the change to see how it is? Is it working as always?

> How does that pertain to this subject? I'm talking about tagging mobs, and you're asking me if I tried "tagging" enemies with healthbars in the millions who take for 10-15 minutes for a hundred players to kill?

>

> And with that, I'm circling back to the "Does anyone actually know what they are talking about?" question.

All I am seeing is you just complaining without a reason. Unless you are doing daily events in low lvl zone with multipe 80 lvl players around you, you have plenty of time to tag mobs.

And again did you try the change in different game scenarios? How did it affect you? Are you having any trouble gaining participation in events?