GW2 on a Surface

I am trying to install GW2 on an MS Surface. The internal HD has only 64 GB and there is Windows etc. on it. That's out of the question. Now I bought a 128 GB SD. This is configured in the administration as NTFS with drive letter D:. Unfortunately, the GW2 installer doesn't offer me a way to select anything other than C:. Any tips?

> @"Magira.6390" said:

> I am trying to install GW2 on an MS Surface. The internal HD has only 64 GB and there is Windows etc. on it. That's out of the question. Now I bought a 128 GB SD. This is configured in the administration as NTFS with D. Unfortunately, the GW2 installer doesn't offer me a way to select anything other than C:. Any tips?

> @"Magira.6390" said:

> > @"Magira.6390" said:

> > I am trying to install GW2 on an MS Surface. The internal HD has only 64 GB and there is Windows etc. on it. That's out of the question. Now I bought a 128 GB SD. This is configured in the administration as NTFS with D. Unfortunately, the GW2 installer doesn't offer me a way to select anything other than C:. Any tips?

>

>

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Magira.6390" said:

> > Hm, I don't have GW2setup. exe, only a gw- 64.

>

> Gw2Setup-64.exe? Rename it to Gw2-64.exe.

>

> Gw2-64.exe? Move it wherever you want it. Assuming you ran Gw2Setup, you can move the entire "Guild Wars 2" folder.

GW2-64.exe. Which is already installed on d. Which doesn't prevent the installer from downloading to c, unfortunately. A Gw2setup file exists neither on the Surface nor on my desktop PC. Could you possibly be talking about the old 32-bit version?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Magira.6390" said:

> > btw: How can i delete my Double Posts?

>

> You can not. You can ask a Moderator to do it for you, but they kind of frown on that. You can read about Forum Practices and Procedures in the pertinent Sticky.

>

> Good luck.

This is already the new "improved" form of the forum, isn't it? And since they "forget" such an important function. GW2 is not the only MMO I play, you can of course delete your own posts in both WoW and SWTOR.

> @"Magira.6390" said:

> GW2-64.exe. Which is already installed on d. Which doesn't prevent the installer from downloading to c, unfortunately. A Gw2setup file exists neither on the Surface nor on my desktop PC. Could you possibly be talking about the old 32-bit version?

Gw2Setup (Gw2Setup.exe / Gw2Setup-64.exe) is the installer. It's what you initially download through account management. Gw2Setup is actually just

"Gw2-64.exe -allowInstall", which is why you can rename it. If you aren't using Gw2Setup or -allowInstall, then what is this "installer" you're running? If you're just running Gw2-64.exe, it should launch like normal and begin downloading to its current folder.

If you already had GW2 on your PC, you can simply copy the folder over, specifically Gw2-64.exe and Gw2.dat, which it sounds like you already did. If you run Gw2-64.exe, there should be a small patch to initialize, then it should be ready to go. If you're monitoring GW2's disk usage, note that GW2 will store a small amount on the C drive: %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/, %temp%/gw2cache-*/ and Documents/Guild Wars 2/.

If you're talking about a microSD card, you might have to go through a few steps and make it a virtual drive,

I did this on a Window 10 tablet with 2gb ram using a 64gb microSd card configured as a virtual drive.

I'm not able to give further info at this time, but I am pretty sure that would get you going.

My memory of this is about a year old though.

Gentle

> @"Deihnyx.6318" said:

> I've always been able to install GW2 on my D drive.

>

> Also I've played GW2 on a Surface (1), it's playable, but good luck for world boss/wvw

32 or 64 Bit Version? And btw: It's a Surface 3 (not a Pro) and I'm coming to c up to the point "playable". What I do (WvW capping of camps etc.) is possible without any problems. That would be enough for me on the way.

So now: Unfortunately, all your tips were suboptimal. Fortunately, I am a system administrator and have experience with the installation of poorly programmed software (like GW2).

Everything that seems logical is wrong. GW2 is not able to be installed on a hard disk other than c: No matter where you move and rename files.

The trick is: You don't include the SD as a new drive (D: as an example) in the system, but select a new NTFS folder on C: to create. Now you will see the new folder on C: as a possible installation folder of the GW2 installer. Choosing and everything is fine.