Would you like a GW 2 Optional Monthly Membership?

Cyrin.1035

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> GW2 is a 5 year old game (in modern terms it's VERY OLD, not ancient like WoW, but still not spiffy enough to lure people based on the novelty of the title), and every time a bad patch (or certain dubious choices with the gemstore) come into play, they lose players, and thus lose money.

GW2 is still a chart topping MMO's and always in the top 5 or 10, on almost all MMO sites/reviews, so I would imagine there is a constant influx of new players.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > GW2 is a 5 year old game (in modern terms it's VERY OLD, not ancient like WoW, but still not spiffy enough to lure people based on the novelty of the title), and every time a bad patch (or certain dubious choices with the gemstore) come into play, they lose players, and thus lose money.

>

> GW2 is still a chart topping MMO's and always in the top 5 or 10, on almost all MMO sites/reviews, so I would imagine there is a constant influx of new players.

The MMORPG genre is getting stale, and there aren't many new titles coming up. A lot of new players go for MOBAs or shoothers like Overwatch and Paladins, and developers go that way as well.

Therefore being 5th in charts that feature Runescape for example... isn't that prestigious.

Also, many new players will be going the F2P way, and while several will upgrade, i don't know if there's enough new blood to offset the loss of veteran paying players. I mean look at PvP, especially, they admit themselves there isn't enough people queuing for the matchmaking to work properly. That ends up lowering the quality of pvp, and thus bleeding all the pvp-centric players away. It's a snowball effect, and Arena Net has to do something they're not very good at to fix this... They need to work quickly.

I voted other -

following the announcement from MO, suggesting that Gemstore purchases help fund the game and the future content made, we kind of already knew they did, but as he emphasized the matter - I would be more than happy to pay a sub, if cool stuff I normally/used to buy from gemstore is obtained in game.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> > As a complete newbie, I've been playing the game for 9 whole days and I love it. So I would sign up for a reasonable sub to help support it's ongoing development. I came here from an mmo that never got the financial base it's creators needed so they stopped putting any effort into it. That was sad to see. So yes, I'd do a sub and would buy gems to help keep this game going.

>

> Hello and welcome!

>

> Just wanted to point out that there is nothing stopping you from voluntarily paying ANet $15/$20 for gems per month and consider it a subscription fee.

Actually, I did start doing that. :)