Keys in wallet + suggestion

It's very helpful that ANet finally put the keys in the wallet but it's caused a very minor annoyance. Before we could see the amount of keys we have in our inventory but now we have to go fishing to find that out. One way to counter that is when we use a key it would show how many that type of key remaining as a momentary text on the screen like how it shows when you do damage sometimes. The text could flash up in the center of the screen then drift off while fading away.

I do have a better idea.

Since we do have 1 or 2 currencies per map, what about if they were shown in the inventory ( near golds ) depends the map?

In The Silverwastes we will have

1. Golds

2. Banding Keys

3. Bandit Crests

In Dry Top we will have

1. Golds

2. Zephyrite Keys

3. Geodes

In PoF we will have

1. Golds

2. Trader's Keys

3. Trader's Contracts

In Hot we will have

1. Golds

2. One between Crowbars/Exalted key/Vial of Chak Acid/Machete, depends the map

3. One between Airship Parts/ Aurilium / Ley Line Crystals, depends the map ( while in DS, we will just see Golds and Machetes ).

What do you think?

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > but now we have to go fishing to find that out.

>

> Isn't it just one extra click to toggle between inventory and wallet?

Toggle then change filter. It'd be faster if the info displayed on the screen for a moment while using a key. They already have the routines for displaying info like that on the screen. It'd be a simple call w/key remaining count to that display fading text function when using a key to open something. It'd probably only be a few lines of code.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> I do have a better idea.

> Since we do have 1 or 2 currencies per map, what about if they were shown in the inventory ( near golds ) depends the map?

>

> In The Silverwastes we will have

>

> 1. Golds

> 2. Banding Keys

> 3. Bandit Crests

>

> In Dry Top we will have

>

> 1. Golds

> 2. Zephyrite Keys

> 3. Geodes

>

> In PoF we will have

>

> 1. Golds

> 2. Trader's Keys

> 3. Trader's Contracts

>

> In Hot we will have

>

> 1. Golds

> 2. One between Crowbars/Exalted key/Vial of Chak Acid/Machete, depends the map

> 3. One between Airship Parts/ Aurilium / Ley Line Crystals, depends the map ( while in DS, we will just see Golds and Machetes ).

>

> What do you think?

Would be awesome, but there was a dev comment (I think on the AMA) that they can't display more than two things there at the bottom. :(

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Would be awesome, but there was a dev comment (I think on the AMA) that they can't display more than two things there at the bottom. :(

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

>

> > Would be awesome, but there was a dev comment (I think on the AMA) that they can't display more than two things there at the bottom. :(

>

> It's probably a problem related to UI scaling. This is why the momentary drifting text would be the best way to do it.

They should definitely do something about then!

I mean, instead of fixing it somehow else, a way to modify the UI would be even better.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> They should definitely do something about then!

> I mean, instead of fixing it somehow else, a way to modify the UI would be even better.

Recoding the UI is a major undertaking. The drifting text would likely be a quick add as it would just be a call to a single existing routine.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

>

> > Would be awesome, but there was a dev comment (I think on the AMA) that they can't display more than two things there at the bottom. :(

>

> It's probably a problem related to UI scaling. This is why the momentary drifting text would be the best way to do it.

Yeah, this... it's basically a LOT more trouble to fix than it initially appears, and would essentially force them to remake the entire inventory screen from scratch. They're not really in the habit of re-inventing the wheel for really minor QoL fixes.