Wintersday Mounts (Yay!)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jasmine.8195" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > Not me unfortunately. Not all the skins look usable beyond the holidays and the griffon one is pointless without that mount. I am holding out for the ability to purchase individual skins at a reasonable price (like we had with gliders).

>

> Speaking as someone that has frequented the cash shop for others items recently, THIS.

>

> Its just one of those things where we hope enough of us dont give them money and they adjust how these items are sold. If enough agree with the OP then they make their gross sales for the quarter, the game stays healthy, we get more new content, and then we all move on... no biggie.

While I won't be touching these and pretending they're Braham/Taimi and staying away from them, I do hope they sell really well.

These kind of prices for mounts are what I want to see in the future. 5 of them for 2000 (or 1600 on sale) and not RNG Mountboxes or 2000 for a single skin.

I know the Halloween one sold well, there's a good bit of the RNG ones out there and almost never see the Iron Ham or Chicken Peacock around.

Hope this one sells just as good to let Arenanet knows at least "This is the price range we want."

I had no issue with the RNG Mountboxes except for the RNG so in a sense I'm okay with it... if I'm just going by price.

No to 2000 gems for 1 skin. Yes for 600 gems or less for a mount skin.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Ceridwen.6703" said:

> > Actually, yeah. I wish they could be purchased individually. Can't afford the whole lot right now. :'(

> >

> > Does anyone know if the red parts can be dyed?

>

> Yep! Here's my Springer https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/149652082784206849/390619333560107009/CozySpringer.JPG

> I've dyed it on a few alts, gone gold tones on one, as you see on this one, and for once I like the Springer skin most of the set. Normally I'm against putting human-style clothing on animals (RL anyway, I don't understand costumes for pets), but somehow it works here.

Thanks for sharing! Your springer looks really cute. I like the clothing too - I'm just not that into bright red so if they get dyed even just a little differently, it works. I think I'd consider trying a shadow dye on them to see what happens. I don't think I'll be making a purchase this year, but I may try to have the gems ready for next year. :)

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > Not me unfortunately. Not all the skins look usable beyond the holidays

>

> That's exactly how I feel about this one, and how I felt about the halloween pack as well.

>

>

That's why I'm glad I'm a horror fan, I love bone patterns every day of the year. ;) Spooky skins for the win! <3

They're so cute, I love them. I have my raptor dyed mostly Redemption (it shows up very nice on the raptor!) and its bows/hat dyed Christmas red with white trim. The bow on its butt is adorable.

Oh, and the Reindeer jackal is great, think I dyed it mostly Squash for a more natural look. With bright red nose of course.

I don't really like the griffon skin, it doesn't take dyes very well.

I just tried to get Page 3 of the Lost Lore and when I was attempting to get to an area scaling the wall my Springer went straight up and no matter how hard I tried to move it forward it was as though there was a barrier there blocking me from getting to where I had to go. I spent a lot of time trying to scale different areas using Dulfy's Map but still ran into warriors that kept me from getting to where I needed to go what is going on Please Advise.

(If it's already posted, oops; I just read OP.)

I adore the mounts; but just like the halloween, my funds will have to go elsewhere this year more than likely. I just wish they were separately sold instead of being in one bundle, then I'd have no problem at all!

> @"Tanith.5264" said:

> My only question is why they didn't use the epic griffon mount skin that already exists in the game.

>

> _Plush_ griffon.

>

> ;)

This would of actually been a really neat mount skin then!

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > Don't care for them but that new demon skimmer mount looks fantastic, when it drops next week.

>

> Image? Link? Ganon?

>

> EDIT: Found it

> ![](http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/gw2-umbral-demon-skimmer.jpg "")

>

> It's "eh". Sure as hell doesn't look 2000 gems "eh".

True but neither do the Xmas mounts. I feel those should be free.

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > Don't care for them but that new demon skimmer mount looks fantastic, when it drops next week.

> >

> > Image? Link? Ganon?

> >

> > EDIT: Found it

> > ![](http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/gw2-umbral-demon-skimmer.jpg "")

> >

> > It's "eh". Sure as hell doesn't look 2000 gems "eh".

>

> True but neither do the Xmas mounts. I feel those should be free.

This is probably one of the best earners. ..people spend for xmas.

I do think there should be a couple of mount skins available in game..but not xmas skins.... Anet needs to make money somehow.

> @"Tanith.5264" said:

> My only question is why they didn't use the epic griffon mount skin that already exists in the game.

>

> _Plush_ griffon.

>

> ;)

EXACTLY! I was hoping to get a Plush Griffon Mount this year. Maybe Anet should make a Plush Mount Pack with plush versions of all the mounts. Now that I think of it, Tixx really needs to add plush raptor, plush skimmer, plush jackal, and plush Velveteen Springer to his line up of vicious toys.

If I were a dev, I would also add a "Help the Plush Springer become a real Springer" event chain quest (complete with a cute GW2 take on the Velveteen Rabbit story) to the Wintersday event.

Oh, and I currently plan to get the Wintersday mounts after I get paid. The designs match perfectly with my second character, Lazuli.