Which Player character voice is your favorite?

supa suop.8026

My vote goes to female Sylvari.

Been playing alot of humans during the 5 years here but both female and male VA don't give me a ''wow-faction''. They're meh to me as they are bored to read up thier dialogues, specially the female VA, she *gasps* all the time whenever she's saying something. For an example:

_*Oh look, *GASP* a Dragon! *GASP* We need to kill it *GASP* before it will destory whole Tyria *GASP* therefore we need to go now! *GASP*_ Like wtf? I mean sure you need air to talk but she gasp SO HARD everytime she's talking, maybe I have been playing too much with female humans, I dunno, lmao.

Female Norn is OK.

Male Sylvari is also OK.

The rest is meh to me, specially the Charrs- lol.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> * Almost reolled it was so bad: norn female ("new land! NEW LAND!!")

Seems I'm not the only one regarding this one then lol. I made a Norn female ranger not long after launch. Her voice is so horrible that I had a very hard time playing her. It just makes me cringe so bad. It sounds like someone trying too hard to sound tough or something, very unnatural. I got to level 8 or 9 I think and the character just sat there for years. I finally deleted her. I like to make my characters where their race and class would pretty much go with the lore so I really have wanted a Norn ranger for years. I always make female characters because being female, I just feel very odd playing male characters. This might be the one time I go away from that actually.

I just recently made another female Norn ranger. Wondering how long I can make it this time lol.

I didn't vote in this though because I really don't have a favorite really. They all sound great to me except for the female Norn. I think female human may be up there as one of my favorites though actually.

Female Sylvar before I knew it was Jennifer Hale :) Esp in HoT-beyond really has a commanding presence and variety of emotions.

2nd would be male Charr - BUT also Female Norn aka Commander Ivanova post-HoT or HoT too; idk there's a lot more there vs. personal story-pact stuff, she was one of my least fav during that despite loving the actress; idk it flipped by end of HoT and LWS3 for me her deliveries were less Im a cold tough Norn little emotion to a lot of emotion.

> @"supa suop.8026" said:

> Aww sad, it seems like know one is a fan of the Norn/Female voice.

Me! That one is my favorite (though I also like the Sylvari female and both Asuras), it ties in with the Norn ethos very well - fierce, charming and boastful. Excellent voice-actress.

Someone mentioned the Asura male line at Abaddon's Reliquary... the Norn female is just as good, she goes "Maybe if I stomp around and make noises it'll open?"

(oh and the Ranger shouts!)

Female sylvari, absolutely no contest, which is why despite the fact that I also like charr and norn characters, I have a hard time playing anything but sylvari. It's not that I think the female charr is bad, but IMO it's not deep and menacing enough to fit a massive, powerful killing machine. Female norn? Yeah, the "permanently drunk and bored" voice acting put me off so much that had a hard time playing my ranger, and just eventually turned her into a bank mule and made a sylvari instead. I still have a norn necromancer because I *want* a norn, but she's definitely far from my favourite. The VA seems to have improved a bit, at least.

I love Sylvari male as it's an actually very well done emulation of an Oxford English accent (instead of the usual crap that comes out when Americans try to emulate an English accent), and I just think the voice suits the race very well.

But I also really love human male because who doesn't love Nolan North? Absolute royalty among voice actors, and I've always been surprised that ANet managed to get him on board for the game.