• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > > > They don't balance around PvP or WvW, they balance around PvE.

> > > >

> > > > If they balance around PvE why does mirage autoattacking with 3 clones out do as much DPS in PvE than a Power Reaper or Herald do with a fully optimized rotation?

> > >

> > > Auto attacking with 3 clones? Not a reasonable situation. Clones die almost instantly in combat, so having three out and auto attacking will almost never happen and will probably not last a full second if it does happen.

> >

> > Attacks from Raid bosses do not damage any kind of summon. So clones will not be destroyed in a boss fight.

> >

> > So yes a mirage autoattacking with 3 clones out will do more DPS in a raid fight than Herald or Reaper doing optimized rotations.

> >

>

> This is not a raid forum. In PvP, clones are nearly instantly destroyed. You are making a deceptive argument because you are basing it on a non pvp situation.

What are you on about the man asked "if they balance around PvE" and proceeded to talk about a PvE situation in which Mesmer still completely outclasses builds (reaper, revenant) that it also outclasses in PvP, thus demonstrating the lack of all logic in Anet balancing (other than obvious P2W style favoritism to new specs).

Did you read and comprehend or just sensed a possible mentioning of Mesmer deserving a nerf and got triggered???

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"shindiggity.8306" said:

> > They are slowly trying to make sword Weaver a thing.

> > Slowly.

>

> In the same way they're trying to make scepter a thing...oh wait..none of us will be here when that day come...the game won't be running either

Actually I've had more success with scepter Weaver and core before the patch. Now I'm back to aura heal bot tempest.

> @"shindiggity.8306" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"shindiggity.8306" said:

> > > They are slowly trying to make sword Weaver a thing.

> > > Slowly.

> >

> > In the same way they're trying to make scepter a thing...oh wait..none of us will be here when that day come...the game won't be running either

>

> Actually I've had more success with scepter Weaver and core before the patch. Now I'm back to aura heal bot tempest.

vanilla GW2 scepter for ele was a solid weapon, and the original trait system rework made it really good at burst. It's steadily declined since HoT.

> @"Leuca.5732" said:

> > @"shindiggity.8306" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"shindiggity.8306" said:

> > > > They are slowly trying to make sword Weaver a thing.

> > > > Slowly.

> > >

> > > In the same way they're trying to make scepter a thing...oh wait..none of us will be here when that day come...the game won't be running either

> >

> > Actually I've had more success with scepter Weaver and core before the patch. Now I'm back to aura heal bot tempest.

>

> vanilla GW2 scepter for ele was a solid weapon, and the original trait system rework made it really good at burst. It's steadily declined since HoT.

You make a good point there. It's been so long since they changed the talent trees that I nearly forgot. But you're right. The talent rework makes it really hard to make a good build for ele. I would like some more defensive and utility options in my fire and air trees.