Still cant log in

I've had the problem of when I log in just didn't do anything. Nothing in Task Manager or even a crash report. I deleted a Flash Update and a Windows(10)Update from 3:45 am today(KB4043961), but when I did and then restarted it was forced on me again. I did a system restore back before any Win Updates might have had any in queue waiting for me to restart(a few days). It worked for me. I'm guessing it's one of those 2 updates. I stopped/disabled Win Update manually in Local Services since in Win 10 you can't turn it off the classic way. Rather annoying. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I have been having a problem logging into the game since 11/23/17 and am not getting this resolved. I have done tickets a few times and feel like noone is really reading my texts and my questions are certainly not being answered. This is very frustrating and i have no idea what to do at this point. I am very disappointed in the services of arenaNet. I have missed all the November stuff and now cannot take part in Christmas. If I want to buy something on the game it happens immediately, as soon as there is a problem there is noone to help. Where are all the computer nerds when you need one?

> @"Boots.6127" said:

> I have been having a problem logging into the game since 11/23/17 and am not getting this resolved.

If you were rarely logging in, they shutdown the original NCSoft login servers on 11/10/17. If you were using the -authsrv option or editing your hosts file to manually select one of the old servers, you'll need to revert that. If you're using IP blocking software, note that GW2's servers are now primarily at Amazon.

If you have your password remembered, delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat. The stored credentials can become corrupted, which won't allow you to login.

Verify that you can actually login to your account through the website (https://account.arena.net/) and while you're there, note the region your account is registered under, which is on the left side under the overview.

Confirm that you can access the login server, for whichever region your account was registered under:

NA: http://auth1.101.arenanetworks.com/

EU: http://auth2.101.arenanetworks.com/

(it should be a simple text page with page not found at the top and ArenaSrv at the bottom)

If you can't access the page, you're failing to connect to Amazon's servers, which is likely a problem with your ISP.

If you can access the page, you probably have software interfering with the connection. First try using the following options with GW2.

For NA:

-clientport 80 -authsrv 34.194.154.37

For EU:

-clientport 80 -authsrv 35.158.82.209

If that fails, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) as an administrator and enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

... and open msconfig (WindowsKey+R), select the boot tab and check safe boot with network under it, then ok and reboot. You will boot into safe mode with most software disabled. You'll need to undo this to return to normal. Under safe mode, try running the launcher and logging in, but don't try to actually play it since you can't. If it works under safe mode, undo this and return to normal and try it. If it now fails, you'll have to figure out which software is causing it by disabling non-Microsoft services and startup programs using msconfig.