weapons of choice

Chillor.9415

I am new to playing the Necro, I used my boost to level 80. My question to you is what weapons are the moment the best for mostly PVE and with a bit of WvW? I got a exotic torch but I don't see a lot of talk about the torch as a viable offhand. I am working on Scourge for my first elite spec now then reaper.

> @"Chillor.9415" said:

> I am new to playing the Necro, I used my boost to level 80. My question to you is what weapons are the moment the best for mostly PVE and with a bit of WvW? I got a exotic torch but I don't see a lot of talk about the torch as a viable offhand. I am working on Scourge for my first elite spec now then reaper.

Condi on scourge is torch. Period!!

Dagger is okay for 1vX . But torch will make the difference in pve and wvw zergs

For Scourge I use Scepter/Torch with Staff as my alternative to build up life force. The one thing you will notice that the longer the fight goes and if their is a lack of trash mobs, it gets harder to keep that lifeforce topped up. In that instance I tend to swap to staff so that I can top the life force back up again.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Staff/scepter-torch is good for condi

> Axe-focus/dagger-horn is good for power

>

> For leveling from 20, I recommend the power option and minions. Trait dagger or use signet of the locusts for movement, if you do not have mounts.

Thank you, working great. Veteran mobs go down pretty quick :) .

Thanks again

For highend pve: scepter+torch and scepter/dagger

For wvw: staff and scepter/axe+torch/focus/dagger

In wvw, axe or scepter depends on your playstyle.

For offhand same here. If you are having trouble with lifeforce go focus. If you want more boonrip, go dagger. If you want more dmg, go torch

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> For highend pve: scepter+torch and scepter/dagger

>

> For wvw: staff and scepter/axe+torch/focus/dagger

>

> In wvw, axe or scepter depends on your playstyle.

> For offhand same here. If you are having trouble with lifeforce go focus. If you want more boonrip, go dagger. If you want more dmg, go torch

Hello,

Would you mind linking to a decent axe+focus/torch WvW build? I would like to play around some with this combo.

Thank you!

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condition_Scourge

This is the only build worth using on necro. Those runes and those trinkets are ridiculous time consuming but you can go cheaper builds. But in terms of PVE WVW and fractals and Spvp this is the only build worth doing. I have a power reaper i swapped to scourge instantly after i ran the numbers. Its insane

> @"Legend of Rogue.5394" said:

> http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condition_Scourge

>

> This is the only build worth using on necro. Those runes and those trinkets are ridiculous time consuming but you can go cheaper builds. But in terms of PVE WVW and fractals and Spvp this is the only build worth doing. I have a power reaper i swapped to scourge instantly after i ran the numbers. Its insane

Not really. For pve its vipers scourge.

Trapper and nightmare isnt neccessary for wvw.

You can play more defensive if you feel like having too less survivability.

And if you want more support in wvw. Go thid build. Its way better than any bloodmagic or cele build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7dnE9C10gd9CO9Cs9ilgBj6KsF+VRDgAQ5Svu2XDsA-jVSDQBCSJIR2HgP6GAwBBoYXAgJq8jmPBgMp+DyWYgUAfuTD-w

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Legend of Rogue.5394" said:

> > http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condition_Scourge

> >

> > This is the only build worth using on necro. Those runes and those trinkets are ridiculous time consuming but you can go cheaper builds. But in terms of PVE WVW and fractals and Spvp this is the only build worth doing. I have a power reaper i swapped to scourge instantly after i ran the numbers. Its insane

>

> Not really. For pve its vipers scourge.

>

> Trapper and nightmare isnt neccessary for wvw.

>

> You can play more defensive if you feel like having too less survivability.

>

>

> And if you want more support in wvw. Go thid build. Its way better than any bloodmagic or cele build.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7dnE9C10gd9CO9Cs9ilgBj6KsF+VRDgAQ5Svu2XDsA-jVSDQBCSJIR2HgP6GAwBBoYXAgJq8jmPBgMp+DyWYgUAfuTD-w

Ahhh Gotcha, no the build I was linking or thought I linked was trailblazer. I like it in PVP, fractals, raids and WVW. You are right in PVE its extremely slow.

I enjoy my staff/scepter+torch match up. It's always been a RP-thing where the magic-like classes has to have a staff-like weapon, making it not feel right, _for me_, to play the class without it. I enjoy the staff though, regardless of the RP. I use scepter because I am a condition necro, and let's be honest, no other better condition-laying one-handed weapon than scepter. I use the torch because shiny green fire... _kidding... maybe..._ I use it because I like to build up more and more on torment to what I can (and love oppressive collapse for that matter). I am, like you, a scourge myself, and I use the same weapon set-up in both PvE and WvW.

Just always remember to find what feels right to you, and what you have fun using the most! That's important in the end. Trial/error, especially if you're new to a class!