Remove LEAVE At the End of the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle

Let me begin by apologizing in case this subject has already been explored and a thread already exists but I must explore this myself because it is dampening my soul! I'm exaggerating, I haven't reached the point of intense agony and searchless joy yet due to that pesky son o'b**** at the end of that Wintersday Puzzle; however, I have had many o sleepless nights cause she exists!

Like the title says, I want to remove the LEAVE button at the end of the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle and just have it restart you at the beginning of the jp. I'll acknowledge the fact that if we're careful that leave button can be less of an issue; however, I am unintentionally competitive myself and like to go as fast as I can and that option at the end can mean the difference between making it to that first snowflake or losing our instance, our progress and getting the boot.

What are your thoughts?

MY SOLUTION:

Either remove the LEAVE button at the end of the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle and just have it restart you at the beginning of the jp.

OR

Separate both the CLOSE WINDOW and LEAVE options from the RESTART option with space in between.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> Correct me if I'm wrong as I skim read your obscenely unnecessarily long post.

>

>

> TLDR; Have the portal at the end of the puzzle always restart you rather than giving two options?

>

> Meh, it doesn't really affect me either way.

It was my attempt at humor. You either laugh at it or you don't I guess.

But like you said yes. YEP YEP!

> @"Zomaarwat.3912" said:

> But what if I want to leave there?

There are 2 alternative options to leave and 2 indirect options - 4 total. I'll only explore the 2 alternatives because I'm being reasonable. You can restart at the beginning and walk back through the portals you entered the jumping puzzle through or you can press the icon above the mini map to leave the instance.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"bearawr.9847" said:

> > i accidentally clicked "leave" instead of "return to starting area" and i lost my streak, so i feel you.

>

> Does that even help with getting presents?

>

> Also, to TC, I see no problem with it. The more options to do something I say is better than reducing.

If you are in a good instance, it sucks, and I happened to accidentally leave a few times. It breaks your flow, and when you re-enter, you could have bad luck and get into the instance where a group of Shaq-sized Thief Charrs celebrates Wintersday at the path you use to run. Or the next instance has a different timing for the last icicle, and you have to adjust. Yes, people do farm the JP, and for me, it was already worth it. Got an infusion when I opened 160 personalized gifts :)

> @"Eldrich.5764" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > So when I want to leave the JP I have to go through lengths to walk around You because You can't be bothered to read a dialogue box' content?

> > Yea, no go

>

> You do realize there's an exit button in the bottom right above the mini-map, right?

I know

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> So when I want to leave the JP I have to go through lengths to walk around You because You can't be bothered to read a dialogue box' content?

> Yea, no go

So let me get this straight. Your bothered because it's TOO much effort to click on the leave icon above the mini map. Yea no go is right bahaha xD

> @"TheToxicFox.8710" said:

> It's only stupid if you don't take the jumping puzzle seriously. That's some fat stacks of gold brotha or sista. I appreciate you reminding me when I did acknowledge myself it honestly wasn't that big a deal but it can make a difference. I don't get butt hurt when I click it but that's 2 loading screens AND you have to run back to the jp portal. That's at least 45 - 60 presents lost in that time.

That is quite an exaggeration. A perfect run takes about 1m 15s, you don't need 5 minutes to get back into the JP (and if you do, you are too slow for the JP anyway). Also, people are already selling gifts for less than 5 silver, it's not that great of a farm when you look at rewards from the Istan meta. Best people do is 17 or 18 runs per 30 minutes, and that's only if you not fall once. 27 gold per hour is the best you can do, unless you are lucky and get a valuable drop from the personalized gifts.

That dialogue box is just plain annoying. I dislike opening it to leave and find the other icon to be more convenient. Should be press f/interact to return to beginning of the jumping puzzle. They could have another portal next to that to leave the puzzle as a remedial solution for those of us who can't press an icon above the minimap.

> > @"Zomaarwat.3912" said:

> > But what if I want to leave there?

>

> There are 2 alternative options to leave and 2 indirect options - 4 total. I'll only explore the 2 alternatives because I'm being reasonable. You can restart at the beginning and walk back through the portals you entered the jumping puzzle through or you can press the icon above the mini map to leave the instance.

Or you can learn to click what you want and don't look for the problems where there are none.

People are so aggressive to new ideas! It's mind boggling. This is a simple concept that I know I am not the only one that feels this way about.

It's insane the lengths someone will go to shoot down an idea when, in their words, has little to no effect on them. It's even more impressive when they acknowledge the issue and still say, oh no it's quite alright the way it is.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"TheToxicFox.8710" said:

> > It's only stupid if you don't take the jumping puzzle seriously. That's some fat stacks of gold brotha or sista. I appreciate you reminding me when I did acknowledge myself it honestly wasn't that big a deal but it can make a difference. I don't get butt hurt when I click it but that's 2 loading screens AND you have to run back to the jp portal. That's at least 45 - 60 presents lost in that time.

>

> That is quite an exaggeration. A perfect run takes about 1m 15s, you don't need 5 minutes to get back into the JP (and if you do, you are too slow for the JP anyway). Also, people are already selling gifts for less than 5 silver, it's not that great of a farm when you look at rewards from the Istan meta. Best people do is 17 or 18 runs per 30 minutes, and that's only if you not fall once. 27 gold per hour is the best you can do, unless you are lucky and get a valuable drop from the personalized gifts.

Maybe it's a stretch but some people have long load times. Also, did you even consider they join an instance that has literally 1 minute left? You can attempt to leave and find another instance (more load times) or wait out the minute.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> Or you can learn to click what you want and don't look for the problems where there are none.

Do you happen to work for Apple?

> Maybe it's a stretch but some people have long load times. Also, did you even consider they join an instance that has literally 1 minute left? You can attempt to leave and find another instance (more load times) or wait out the minute.

Or they could accidentally leave while there is only 1 minute left in their instance and join one that has 28 minutes left, so the accidental leave made no difference.

Thing is that the UI is unnecessarily annoying to some people. If accidental leaving happens to a few people who post here, it happens to lots of others who don't post here. Bad UI choices happen, and they can be fixed. Maybe not this year, but for next year. Most of the time accidental clicking in UIs is not the user's fault but the UI's. It's the UI's job to provide us navigation. I bet some UI designers would even remove all exit options except one, probably leaving the one at the mini map because that's how all other instances in this game are left.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > Or you can learn to click what you want and don't look for the problems where there are none.

>

> Do you happen to work for Apple?

>

> > @"TheToxicFox.8710" said:

> > Maybe it's a stretch but some people have long load times. Also, did you even consider they join an instance that has literally 1 minute left? You can attempt to leave and find another instance (more load times) or wait out the minute.

>

> Or they could accidentally leave while there is only 1 minute left in their instance and join one that has 28 minutes left, so the accidental leave made no difference.

>

My example was if they accidently leave no matter the time and end up in a different instance with a minute left.

But I agree with you on the second paragraph.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > Or you can learn to click what you want and don't look for the problems where there are none.

> >

> > Do you happen to work for Apple?

>

> What do you mean by that?

Apple also has the attitude to ignore the fact that some of their design choices are bad and instead point at the user that doesn't handle their product as they intended. Your attitude would fit in. We play an MMO, we know how to click on things, we perform clicks thousands of times per day. The people who mis-click and leave the instance are the same people who have the clicking skill to do the hard path of the JP 30 or 40 times in a row without falling once.

Blaming us for this design flaw and telling us to learn clicking is nothing but ignorant. We are the users, we know when a button is at the wrong place, and we provide feedback.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > Or you can learn to click what you want and don't look for the problems where there are none.

> > >

> > > Do you happen to work for Apple?

> >

> > What do you mean by that?

>

> Apple also has the attitude to ignore the fact that some of their design choices are bad and instead point at the user that doesn't handle their product as they intended. Your attitude would fit in. We play an MMO, we know how to click on things, we perform clicks thousands of times per day. The people who mis-click and leave the instance are the same people who have the clicking skill to do the hard path of the JP 30 or 40 times in a row without falling once.

>

> Blaming us for this design flaw and telling us to learn clicking is nothing but ignorant. We are the users, we know when a button is at the wrong place, and we provide feedback.

The difference is that there's nothing wrong with the design choice here. Even moreso when some people claim they're "taking JPs too serious", they pretty much use their muscle memory to complete the whole thing, including the 'start again' click. It's literally the case of "the more competitive you are, the less of an issue it is". On the other side people that don't do it by muscle memory, simply... read the choices to pick one, in which case it's not a problem once again.

Now you're trying to sarcastically claim that 'I must work in an apple because I ignore a design flaw". The thing is, there's no flaw in the current design. Claiming it's a design flaw just because you fail to perform an easy click is nothing but ignorant and an example of being self-centered.

e: spelling :x