Why no ferocity infusion?

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> There is no stats combination which has a major ferocity status either is there? (e.g ++ Ferocity ++Power +Precision +Vitality) If there really isn't, I guess devs are afraid the power meta goes haywire with the insane critical hits or something like that, I suppose.

Ok but are there stat combos with boon duration or condi duration as the major stat? Not that i know it.. so yeah still doesnt make any sense

When u have 100% critical chance and around 3k power with all boons even a few ferocity stat points would increase the dps immensively. Indeed there are infusions for condi duration but condi builds generally dont scale that hard with stats. It's the reaspn there is no stat combination with ferocity as primary stat. It would blow everything else away and make power builds completely broken in fractals/raids.

> @"zoomborg.9462" said:

> When u have 100% critical chance and around 3k power with all boons even a few ferocity stat points would increase the dps immensively. Indeed there are infusions for condi duration but condi builds generally dont scale that hard with stats. It's the reaspn there is no stat combination with ferocity as primary stat. It would blow everything else away and make power builds completely broken in fractals/raids.

Most condi builds get close to or 100% from gear/traits. Expertise Infusions are more of a gap filler because there is only really 1 spec I can think of where 18 expertise infusions would be good on.

> @"zoomborg.9462" said:

> It's the reaspn there is no stat combination with ferocity as primary stat. It would blow everything else away and make power builds completely broken in fractals/raids.

What are you talking about, people? A ferocity>power+precision stat combo wouldn't even be a 1% dps increase in the best case scenario compared to a standard zerk.

Ferocity point-forpoint is worse than power most of the time, and it's only slightly better when it's not. That's why you don't see many sources of ferocity, not because it would break the game.

In the vast majority of cases ferocity infusions would be strictly worse than power infusions. In the best case scenario for ferocity infusions (100% crit chance, no ferocity bonuses from traits, no Assassin's Presence, etc) a full set of 18 would be about 0.2% better than power infusions, the equivalent to about 7.5 more points of power.

Basically they'd be a trap in most situations and would provide very little benefit to extreme min-maxers in a raid corner case. It's not worth the dev time to introduce.

> @"Ensign.2189" said:

> In the vast majority of cases ferocity infusions would be strictly worse than power infusions. In the best case scenario for ferocity infusions (100% crit chance, no ferocity bonuses from traits, no Assassin's Presence, etc) a full set of 18 would be about 0.2% better than power infusions, the equivalent to about 7.5 more points of power.

>

> Basically they'd be a trap in most situations and would provide very little benefit to extreme min-maxers in a raid corner case. It's not worth the dev time to introduce.

Hmm I'm interested, did you calculate it off a linear scale? The reason I ask is that stacking power becomes progressively worse the higher your power is, like @"zoomborg.9462" says, after a while adding a tiny bit of power almost becomes redundant, especially after you get to the 3-3.5k power range that most meta power DPS builds sit at, especially as unlike ferocity power infusions do not stack with things like might, ea, sweet and spicy buternut squash, utils and banner of strength.

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > @"Ensign.2189" said:

> > In the vast majority of cases ferocity infusions would be strictly worse than power infusions. In the best case scenario for ferocity infusions (100% crit chance, no ferocity bonuses from traits, no Assassin's Presence, etc) a full set of 18 would be about 0.2% better than power infusions, the equivalent to about 7.5 more points of power.

> >

> > Basically they'd be a trap in most situations and would provide very little benefit to extreme min-maxers in a raid corner case. It's not worth the dev time to introduce.

>

> Hmm I'm interested, did you calculate it off a linear scale? The reason I ask is that stacking power becomes progressively worse the higher your power is, like @"zoomborg.9462" says, after a while adding a tiny bit of power almost becomes redundant, especially after you get to the 3-3.5k power range that most meta power DPS builds sit at, especially as unlike ferocity power infusions do not stack with things like might, ea, sweet and spicy buternut squash, utils and banner of strength.

That holds for every stat: the more you have of it, the worse any additional point of it becomes. And power stacks multiplicatively with the ferocity components of butternut squash and Banners.

A fully buffed Air Weaver will be sitting at around 4000 power (depends on the attunement) and 270% crit damage, and any additional point of power or ferocity will be more or less the same % of dps increase. Ferocity will be slightly better for Dragonhunters since they get more power from passives but it's still not a big difference.

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > @"Ensign.2189" said:

> > In the vast majority of cases ferocity infusions would be strictly worse than power infusions. In the best case scenario for ferocity infusions (100% crit chance, no ferocity bonuses from traits, no Assassin's Presence, etc) a full set of 18 would be about 0.2% better than power infusions, the equivalent to about 7.5 more points of power.

> >

> > Basically they'd be a trap in most situations and would provide very little benefit to extreme min-maxers in a raid corner case. It's not worth the dev time to introduce.

>

> Hmm I'm interested, did you calculate it off a linear scale? The reason I ask is that stacking power becomes progressively worse the higher your power is, like @"zoomborg.9462" says, after a while adding a tiny bit of power almost becomes redundant, especially after you get to the 3-3.5k power range that most meta power DPS builds sit at, especially as unlike ferocity power infusions do not stack with things like might, ea, sweet and spicy buternut squash, utils and banner of strength.

I spot checked it at the points you see in full power glass DPS builds - weaver, dragonhunter, holosmith, daredevil. Ferocity infusions would be very slightly better on dragonhunter and holosmith when there is no Assassin's Presence (the 7.5 points of power mentioned above); they're about even on weaver and poor on daredevil due to the amount of free ferocity from critstrikes. When the group has Assassin's Presence they'd be about par with power infusions on holosmith and dragonhunter and poor on daredevil and weaver.

If you aren't full glass and and at full buffs power is basically always better, so you really only need to look at the corner case (holosmith or dragonhunter with full buffs).