Trading Post Issues [Merged]

I have been trying to buy gems for the past few days, but I only received an error: "Unfortunately an error has occured. Please try again later."

I've read from other post that the issue has been solved, but this just happened to me recently. Is it an issue from my end? If so how do I fix it?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Hello,

I've merged three threads about this subject. Don't worry, we have noted that some of the reports were from October -- that's not a problem, we'll focus on the most recent reports.

As you may have noticed, some players were able to resolve a problem in using the Gem Store or Trading Post by simply clearing their computer's cache. I'd recommend that you try that, but if you do so, or have done so, and if you continue to have difficulties, could you please update this thread?

It would be helpful to know:

1. What is your general location?

2. What error message you are receiving, if any, or a description of what happens when you attempt to purchase gems?

3. Are you attempting to trade gold for gems, or purchase gems outright?

Thank you for this information. Customer Support will assist individuals who write them, but anything that you post here will also help us, as we can take a look to see what may be impeding you.

Thanks.

• ArenaNet Staff

Update: I discussed this issue with Customer Support, and they confirmed that there are no issues with the Trading Post or Gem Store at this time. So what's happening is an individual issue, and they'll be happy to help you if you'll kindly reach out to them. Click "Support" at the top of the page, and choose the "Payments" option.

Thank you.

I had this problem with the TP years ago. The eventual 'fix' was to make a new Windows user account and start the game up using that. Which meant I didn't have email access or Windows themes I liked any time I was playing, so I tended to leave game, swap my Windows login, and return to game any time I wanted to use the TP. Very clumsy but it saved me from super clogged bags until I bought a new computer a couple of months later (as I had been intending to do regardless).

It seems my C drive registry had gotten corrupted somehow, as Support was able to determine after about two weeks of much appreciated constant discussion with me on the issue. I have no idea if any of this applies to your current woes, but it could be worth checking.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I had this problem with the TP years ago. The eventual 'fix' was to make a new Windows user account and start the game up using that. Which meant I didn't have email access or Windows themes I liked any time I was playing, so I tended to leave game, swap my Windows login, and return to game any time I wanted to use the TP. Very clumsy but it saved me from super clogged bags until I bought a new computer a couple of months later (as I had been intending to do regardless).

>

> It seems my C drive registry had gotten corrupted somehow, as Support was able to determine after about two weeks of much appreciated constant discussion with me on the issue. I have no idea if any of this applies to your current woes, but it could be worth checking.

Oh wow, that seems a very unusual case! I will hope that no one else has to jump through those hoops, but sure appreciate that you shared that in case it applies to another player's situation.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Update: I discussed this issue with Customer Support, and they confirmed that there are no issues with the Trading Post or Gem Store at this time. So what's happening is an individual issue, and they'll be happy to help you if you'll kindly reach out to them. Click "Support" at the top of the page, and choose the "Payments" option.

>

> Thank you.

Hi

I just tried to buy gems from the TP. Bought 4000. It said you'll get them right away. Waited a half hour, nothing. Checked my bank, no withdraws made. Tried again, bought 4000 more. Same thing. No Gems in game and no withdraws from the bank.

> @"Aramus.8143" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Update: I discussed this issue with Customer Support, and they confirmed that there are no issues with the Trading Post or Gem Store at this time. So what's happening is an individual issue, and they'll be happy to help you if you'll kindly reach out to them. Click "Support" at the top of the page, and choose the "Payments" option.

> >

> > Thank you.

>

> Hi

> I just tried to buy gems from the TP. Bought 4000. It said you'll get them right away. Waited a half hour, nothing. Checked my bank, no withdraws made. Tried again, bought 4000 more. Same thing. No Gems in game and no withdraws from the bank.

You can contact the Billing/Payment CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.