Wintersday Infinitely Repeatable Achievements - Do they roll over next year or not?

Nutjob.9021

So, regarding the infinitely repeatable achievements, let's say you max out the AP on one this year. Does it reset for next year so you can earn more AP? Or does it count as once maxed, always maxed? I seem to recall something about such achievements being once maxed, always maxed, but I can't find a record of that anywhere and I'm not sure if it's across the board for this type of achievement or just for one particular incidence of this type, like the Halloween festival.

Starting with this year's halloween, Anet changed their stance with holiday festival achievements a bit:

Before, every year got their own achievement category (2012, 2013, 2014, .... basically with nearly the same achievements each time). This was problematic for some reasons - most prominently, the inability for newer / returning players to get the missing AP from previous years.

So since this halloween, things got changed a bit: the festival achievements are still more or less the same, but they're repeatable (5 times usually) and will roll over to future years. Therefore, you can now freely decide to grind them all in one year, or to take it easy and do some now, some next time and so on. And if you're really busy and can't play, you won't lose the AP forever, because you can still get them next time.

The annual achievements are, well, annual. Therefore they don't give AP, because this would be exactly how it was the last years and how it shouldn't be. For the same reason I don't think that the achievement cap resets - why should it? This would mean that they basically increased the AP rate per festival drastically...

PS: this was confirmed by devs, but it's too late right now for me to bother searching for quotes.

depends on what it is but will say what i seen over the games life time some are held till the next year others are not. far as winters day goes some seam to do just that while others seam to not do that. the way you can tell is hit the H key look under achievements for holiday stuff their . will tell you the whole story.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> We never know for sure as mechanics can change, specially over time. But the repeatable achievements did roll over from last year, so it is likely they will also roll over to next year

SOME rolled over. Not all. The PvP thing rolled over for me, but the bells didn't (for example).