Multiple characters level 80

Tharca.5176

I have 16 characters and i am still going to create new ones. There are classes that i have more than 2 lv80 with different race.

The reason behind multi same class is i wanted to keep different builds and weapon set of a certain class. But to me some weapon sets doesn’t fit a certain race, therefore i create a specific race in order to use the specific weapon set and build.

For example i only use sword type weapon on my human warrior, axe on my char warrior, hammer on my asura warrior.

I had 20 or so characters before HoT was released, they were all designed for WvW that served different purposes, so like 2 mesmers, one would be a veil bot while the other was purely roaming. All had thier own gear too....

They are all PvP characters with thier own builds, 29 characters now. I only have about 8 or so of the new elites from HoT/PoF so keeping up in WvW has been a struggle, there's no way that I know of to unlock elite specs in PvP.

I have about 20 toons, out of which 18 are level 80. My main is a mesmer, who is also my grandmaster scribe and tailor. I then have a set of 6 chars that are 2nd "main", each being a grandmaster in one crafting discipline, and having a dedicated purpose (Fractals, WvW, jumping, specific farming...), aside of which I use them for other stuff too like PvE metas.

And finally, the rest are toons I did with an original intention, by nows no more applicable (like progressing a weapon achievement that is since then finished), but that I keep because I do love them. I use those a lot for testing stuff (weapons, builds...) and to farm too. All of those have done world completion.

Aside of that base, I always create/delete regularly different toons, depending on moods and needs, but I rarely keep them longer than necessary.

I usually create a new level 80 character either if there's a new build I really think I'll enjoy or if I get a new idea for a character that I really want to try out. It usually results in me being disappointed and going back to my main character though, so I'm trying to cut the habit lol.

I have 27, with 3 toons levelling. At first I just wanted to explore several variations re: build/gear and give each its own look. But now it's more about how I like to explore the content and level toons as part of the overall gaming experience. For instance, I have a charr daredevil thief and found myself really missing the mechanics of a dagger/pistol core thief. I didn't want to give up the daredevil spec though - so I just made a new thief.

It wasn't a problem having so many alts until I started trying to gear ascended. Now it's a huge headache trading gear back and forth, not getting the wardrobe look I want all the time etc. Eventually they'll all be fully geared and that nonsense will end, but in retrospect I wish I'd thought more about that before I made so many alts.

I have 13 characters, 4 of them are max level(cause I'm super lazy). I love fashion wars and designing characters- but the main reason I plan on having more characters is for different builds and weapon combinations.

Especially with the new elite specs, I have reason to level 2 of each profession at least.

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> 71 characters, only 20 characters is still under leveling part but the rest of them are welcomed to the Fashion Wars 2! :blush:

I aspire to one day have that many characters, and this is just motivation for me to do so XD

I currently am sitting at 49 characters (and don't intend on expanding that any time soon), 34 of which are level 80. I originally had one of each, but when the rich orichalcum vein in southsun was a good farm I bought some extras and parked them all there. Then I aspired to have one of each prof/race combo in female. I now have that and 4 spare slots.

I mainly keep them for bday presents (the account bound exclusive dyes are nice to have), farming reasons and barbie-ing. That and being able to get map complete on a new-feeling toon is nice too.

Plus I can only keep so much junk in the bank itself.