AFK Farmers

Trae.2384

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > Having a Necro I have tried this "farming" on more than one occasion to watch the mechanics. I was kicked on all of those for "not using a skill". Now this was some time ago and sure that that hasn't changed. However When I see this type of farming it makes me curious because many of them are casting and usually on CD casting which means some type of triggering outside of the game and most likely a mouse clicking program or timed macro. SINCE neither involve programming changes I assume it is difficult for ANET to determine if they are present or not. Simply chatting with them cannot be used against them because they "could" have chat off.

> >

> > I remember watching (if I remember correctly) a Guardian casting on CD so I dragged mobs over with my thief, I *poofed* then came back and rez'd until he was naked with broken armor.

> >

> > I think this has moved from a pandemic to epidemic and wish ANET would address somehow but since kill-steal is not a mechanic of the game it doesn't hurt all that much other than these dopes taking advantage of a silent ANET.

>

> If you watch them and then time their skills activation.. they are always exactly the same... so for 4+months those exploiters at the jotun camp in timberline falls have been really, really, really dedicated to keep accurately timing their moves 24/7.

> So yeah I smell a big fat rat of a macro behind them .. maybe ANET can enlighten us all as to whether it's now ok for everyone to do this, no one ever has to play the game as was intended, we can all let a mouse clicker macro/bot do it all for us instead.

So in most MMOs they allow bots/hacking/exploits to continue until they understand their method. Unfortunaetly a macro or mouse clicker is not "really" interfering with the gaming software in itself. So how does ANET combat it? Say target get's reported 4 or 5 times. Does ANET look at the gameplay and punish? We don't know because ANET is almost like the CIA we never know what they're doing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anet will and never has admitted to this stuff happen reporting does noting at all . never going to change any thing at all in this game !! report or not just best to put them on the blocked list and move on and enjoy the game !! anet will never ever do any thing about it they never have yet and never will. and how i know this i could post ss shots but not going to do so . i do not get banned or infracted you all just better off to let it go and hope a more better new mmo comes out and does deal with it

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> anet will and never has admitted to this stuff happen reporting does noting at all . never going to change any thing at all in this game !! report or not just best to put them on the blocked list and move on and enjoy the game !! anet will never ever do any thing about it they never have yet and never will.

That's demonstrably incorrect. They do suspend and/or ban accounts frequently, even if they don't do it the way you or I would expect. Regardless of their efforts, GW2 will always have hackers and botters and AFK farmers, because there are always people who think the rules shouldn't apply to them.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > anet will and never has admitted to this stuff happen reporting does noting at all . never going to change any thing at all in this game !! report or not just best to put them on the blocked list and move on and enjoy the game !! anet will never ever do any thing about it they never have yet and never will.

>

> That's demonstrably incorrect. They do suspend and/or ban accounts frequently, even if they don't do it the way you or I would expect. Regardless of their efforts, GW2 will always have hackers and botters and AFK farmers, because there are always people who think the rules shouldn't apply to them.

as i said in another post i could post lots of ss shots of them but yet that will do noting at all but get me infracted or banned . thus so not happen but sure would love to see the list of those so called accounts banned for them things . might even buy some gems then maybe if that happened . until then in my book it is all just hear say at best . honestly need to just let it go and move on and enjoy the game while still able to do so .

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > > I remember watching (if I remember correctly) a Guardian casting on CD so I dragged mobs over with my thief, I *poofed* then came back and rez'd until he was naked with broken armor.

> >

> > Cool story bro, but armor does not break when you get resurrected. You can die 100 times, if you always get resurrected, your armor will be just fine. So he definitely was not naked.

> >

>

> Wrong BRO. If the player dies their armor breaks....try again :)

>

> EDIT: I am willing to hook up with you in game and we can try it. He definitely was naked when I got done with him. From a downed state your response is true but from a death state the armor does break rez'd or not.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs

>

As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > anet will and never has admitted to this stuff happen reporting does noting at all . never going to change any thing at all in this game !! report or not just best to put them on the blocked list and move on and enjoy the game !! anet will never ever do any thing about it they never have yet and never will.

> >

> > That's demonstrably incorrect. They do suspend and/or ban accounts frequently, even if they don't do it the way you or I would expect. Regardless of their efforts, GW2 will always have hackers and botters and AFK farmers, because there are always people who think the rules shouldn't apply to them.

>

> as i said in another post i could post lots of ss shots of them but yet that will do noting at all but get me infracted or banned . thus so not happen but sure would love to see the list of those so called accounts banned for them things . might even buy some gems then maybe if that happened . until then in my book it is all just hear say at best . honestly need to just let it go and move on and enjoy the game while still able to do so .

There are certainly people who have posted publicly about being banned for botting, using 3rd party tools, and even AFK farming.

But there's no good reason why ANet should publish a list of who gets suspended and who doesn't. That would just make it easier for botters to learn from mistakes. And no, it's not "hearsay" if ArenaNet is describing what they do. You're free to disbelieve them (in which case, who exactly would you trust on the topic?), but they are the only experts in "does ArenaNet suspend/ban players for [fill in the blank]."

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged.

What level was your toon? And what's the highest level toon on that account? So far, no one has offered specific examples of L80 characters having their armor repaired automatically on resurrection. The only confirmations of the mechanic as you describe it are from sub-L80 characters on accounts without any L80s. Those of us with L80 toons aren't seeing it on our L80s.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged.

>

> What level was your toon? And what's the highest level toon on that account? So far, no one has offered specific examples of L80 characters having their armor repaired automatically on resurrection. The only confirmations of the mechanic as you describe it are from sub-L80 characters on accounts without any L80s. Those of us with L80 toons aren't seeing it on our L80s.

>

>

I really don't get what's so weird about that. I tested it again with a buddy whose level is 80, as is mine. We both have all masteries. I repaired my armor fully, then went to a mob with him, we were not in party. I opened my equipment window, let myself get fully killed, dead. Shoulder piece was damaged. As soon as he started to resurrect me the piece was fixed. He stopped resurrecting and the piece stayed fixed. He then finished the resurrection and my armor was still fine. It was always like that for me as far as I can remember, only thing I didn't notice yet is that the armor is fixed as soon as someone starts to resurrect. I always thought it repairs itself when the resurrection is finished.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged.

> >

> > What level was your toon? And what's the highest level toon on that account? So far, no one has offered specific examples of L80 characters having their armor repaired automatically on resurrection. The only confirmations of the mechanic as you describe it are from sub-L80 characters on accounts without any L80s. Those of us with L80 toons aren't seeing it on our L80s.

> >

> >

>

> I really don't get what's so weird about that. I tested it again with a buddy whose level is 80, as is mine. We both have all masteries. I repaired my armor fully, then went to a mob with him, we were not in party. I opened my equipment window, let myself get fully killed, dead. Shoulder piece was damaged. As soon as he started to resurrect me the piece was fixed. He stopped resurrecting and the piece stayed fixed. He then finished the resurrection and my armor was still fine. It was always like that for me as far as I can remember, only thing I didn't notice yet is that the armor is fixed as soon as someone starts to resurrect. I always thought it repairs itself when the resurrection is finished.

What's weird is that it hasn't been the experience of anyone I know and it's definitely not how things worked originally. I'll keep a better eye on things in the future to see if I can spot it happening (whether it's all the time, as you suggest, or only in some circumstances, as others believe).

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > > > I remember watching (if I remember correctly) a Guardian casting on CD so I dragged mobs over with my thief, I *poofed* then came back and rez'd until he was naked with broken armor.

> > >

> > > Cool story bro, but armor does not break when you get resurrected. You can die 100 times, if you always get resurrected, your armor will be just fine. So he definitely was not naked.

> > >

> >

> > Wrong BRO. If the player dies their armor breaks....try again :)

> >

> > EDIT: I am willing to hook up with you in game and we can try it. He definitely was naked when I got done with him. From a downed state your response is true but from a death state the armor does break rez'd or not.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs

> >

>

> As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

>

> So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

No. I haven't tested. I didn't feel I need to but you know what I will. I know what I saw when I did this. Has something changed? Possible but will go test and report back....

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > I remember watching (if I remember correctly) a Guardian casting on CD so I dragged mobs over with my thief, I *poofed* then came back and rez'd until he was naked with broken armor.

> > >

> > > Cool story bro, but armor does not break when you get resurrected. You can die 100 times, if you always get resurrected, your armor will be just fine. So he definitely was not naked.

> > >

> >

> > Wrong BRO. If the player dies their armor breaks....try again :)

> >

> > EDIT: I am willing to hook up with you in game and we can try it. He definitely was naked when I got done with him. From a downed state your response is true but from a death state the armor does break rez'd or not.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs

> >

>

> As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

>

> So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

Here you go sir/ma'am:

Feel free to dl the video and look for yourself. I died...helm breaks...I get rez...helm still broken. I don't do youtube vids yet...well...because I having crappy videos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19a98u4ibbffk19/Guild%20Wars%202%2012_31_2017%204_41_19%20PM.mp4?dl=0

EDIT: Don't worry I removed you from my friends list. I was going to PM you to test with me but you looked busy.

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > > > > I remember watching (if I remember correctly) a Guardian casting on CD so I dragged mobs over with my thief, I *poofed* then came back and rez'd until he was naked with broken armor.

> > > >

> > > > Cool story bro, but armor does not break when you get resurrected. You can die 100 times, if you always get resurrected, your armor will be just fine. So he definitely was not naked.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Wrong BRO. If the player dies their armor breaks....try again :)

> > >

> > > EDIT: I am willing to hook up with you in game and we can try it. He definitely was naked when I got done with him. From a downed state your response is true but from a death state the armor does break rez'd or not.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs

> > >

> >

> > As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

> >

> > So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

>

> Here you go sir/ma'am:

>

> Feel free to dl the video and look for yourself. I died...helm breaks...I get rez...helm still broken. I don't do youtube vids yet...well...because I having crappy videos.

>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/19a98u4ibbffk19/Guild%20Wars%202%2012_31_2017%204_41_19%20PM.mp4?dl=0

>

> EDIT: Don't worry I removed you from my friends list. I was going to PM you to test with me but you looked busy.

Looks like we found an inconsistency in how the game handles that situation. I play on a potatoe so I don't dare doing a video, but I think we both tell the truth here. Sorry that I didn't believe you when you wrote that. At some point afterwards I believed they changed the mechanics after you experienced that, but it looks like it's not the same for everybody right now. My account has been created in February 2017.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > > > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > > > > > I remember watching (if I remember correctly) a Guardian casting on CD so I dragged mobs over with my thief, I *poofed* then came back and rez'd until he was naked with broken armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cool story bro, but armor does not break when you get resurrected. You can die 100 times, if you always get resurrected, your armor will be just fine. So he definitely was not naked.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Wrong BRO. If the player dies their armor breaks....try again :)

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: I am willing to hook up with you in game and we can try it. He definitely was naked when I got done with him. From a downed state your response is true but from a death state the armor does break rez'd or not.

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repairs

> > > >

> > >

> > > As another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

> > >

> > > So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

> >

> > Here you go sir/ma'am:

> >

> > Feel free to dl the video and look for yourself. I died...helm breaks...I get rez...helm still broken. I don't do youtube vids yet...well...because I having crappy videos.

> >

> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/19a98u4ibbffk19/Guild%20Wars%202%2012_31_2017%204_41_19%20PM.mp4?dl=0

> >

> > EDIT: Don't worry I removed you from my friends list. I was going to PM you to test with me but you looked busy.

>

> Looks like we found an inconsistency in how the game handles that situation. I play on a potatoe so I don't dare doing a video, but I think we both tell the truth here. Sorry that I didn't believe you when you wrote that. At some point afterwards I believed they changed the mechanics after you experienced that, but it looks like it's not the same for everybody right now. My account has been created in February 2018.

It's all good. No hard feelings here. Happy New Year! Well...in a few hours anyway.

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

>>as another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

> >

> > So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

>

> No. I haven't tested. I didn't feel I need to but you know what I will. I know what I saw when I did this. Has something changed? Possible but will go test and report back....

If the person doing the resurrecting has the Noblesse Oblige central Tyria mastery unlock, the downed person's damaged armour will be repaired.

"You can now revive allied players faster and remove durability and downed penalties on a successful revive. The speed of your revive is increased more when the level of the character being revived is lower than your own."

The keyword is _durability_.

> @"aintiarna.1038" said:

> If the person doing the resurrecting has the Noblesse Oblige central Tyria mastery unlock, the downed person's damaged armour will be repaired.

>

> "You can now revive allied players faster and remove durability and downed penalties on a successful revive. The speed of your revive is increased more when the level of the character being revived is lower than your own."

>

> The keyword is _durability_.

Good catch. That explains everything people are seeing, including the differences across different players. My experience of being sub-80 and getting rez'd is much less frequent these days, so it's not a feature of [Pact Commander Mastery](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks#Pact_Commander) I'd ever notice (much less care about).

> @"aintiarna.1038" said:

> >>as another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

> > >

> > > So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

> >

> > No. I haven't tested. I didn't feel I need to but you know what I will. I know what I saw when I did this. Has something changed? Possible but will go test and report back....

>

> If the person doing the resurrecting has the Noblesse Oblige central Tyria mastery unlock, the downed person's damaged armour will be repaired.

>

> "You can now revive allied players faster and remove durability and downed penalties on a successful revive. The speed of your revive is increased more when the level of the character being revived is lower than your own."

>

> The keyword is _durability_.

>

>

Aha! I think we found the culprit then. That would make sense with my testing results from earlier, since I have that Mastery done but my son's account does not. I forgot all about that Mastery, honestly.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"aintiarna.1038" said:

> > > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > >>as another player wrote, there are apparently cases where armor pieces do not repair themselves when the character gets resurrected. I tested it today before I responded to your post, got myself hacked to death by a mob and waited for someone to resurrect me. Sure enough someone did, and my armor was just fine afterwards. When I checked while I was dead, it was damaged. I've seen players afking right in the pony farm and getting resurrected over and over by the zerg, without anyone getting naked.

> > > >

> > > > So have you actually tested it since you wrote your post? It's easy, just join some bounty run or event and die.

> > >

> > > No. I haven't tested. I didn't feel I need to but you know what I will. I know what I saw when I did this. Has something changed? Possible but will go test and report back....

> >

> > If the person doing the resurrecting has the Noblesse Oblige central Tyria mastery unlock, the downed person's damaged armour will be repaired.

> >

> > "You can now revive allied players faster and remove durability and downed penalties on a successful revive. The speed of your revive is increased more when the level of the character being revived is lower than your own."

> >

> > The keyword is _durability_.

> >

> >

>

> Aha! I think we found the culprit then. That would make sense with my testing results from earlier, since I have that Mastery done but my son's account does not. I forgot all about that Mastery, honestly.

Ah HA! And there we have it. Never heard of it until now. Thanks for your insight :)

The know areas are bitterfrost, malchors leap, the snowy area in desert highlands and ive even seen rangers with pets at the basket in drytop when the inquest try to steal cystals. Basically anywhere i see a minion mancer just sitting, i take notice and watch them for signs, usually a skill 2-4 being pressed exactly when it comes off cooldown.

• 2 weeks later...