Solution to new Raiders and Raid sellers.

Rikimaru.7890

> @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> Oh I'm probably going to hell for this one , but I could use a vacation anyway. :p

> **But first spare me the "join a Raid Guild" solution, if it were an actual solution the problem would have been gone by now, it's been 2 years now so if it actually works why does the problem persist?**

>

> So you know the drill, inexperienced players want to raid, but experiened aren't willing to teach because they don't like wasting time.

I stopped taking your post seriously RIGHT here. That's not true. IF there is a problem, it's that it's not super easy to find the groups willing to teach (for players looking) of for groups to advertise they are teaching (for groups willing to do so)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > > > I still don't see why people are blaming "Raids" when the real blame is on inadequate group finding tools.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If the game had proper filtering, request, restrictions and had ways to find people and guilds which are active in your timezone who do similar activities as you, im sure that'd solve the problem more than anything anyone can do to "Raids".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What would be the difference between a pug raid made with the current tool and the new one?

> > > > > > > I mean, given 10 players which sucks or tend to be upset easily... what improvement could bring a better LFG tool in terms of efficiency?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To me, the only things that could change is the time needed to set up the raid, but the outcome would be the same.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Notice i didn't say new LFG. I said better group finding tools.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The guild system for one is extremely dated for modern MMO's. As a starter there's no effective way to search for guilds and ultimately you rely on 3rd party websites/in-game map chat spam or word of mouth from an acquaintance.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's where i'd start if i was a designer looking to improve the experience for everyone. As stated this should come with not only a member count but also be able to be parsed by peak activity levels and have the guilds be able to flag associated content PvE/PvP/WvW. Once the Guild overhaul is done with and there's a reasonable way to find a guild for people i'd wager half of the complaints about group finding will diminish. Leaving the vocal majority being the lone wolf crowd who refuse to join a guild because reasons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then i'd work on a proper LFG that is not automated. Doing this gives the group full control on what criteria they wish to accept people in thus removing the forceful side of the argument that everyone deserves to be in a group. Now everyone can join a group if they adhere to the groups criteria. Be it a kill proof (i dont care if a group uses one to filter), Gear, class or traits.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now you'll likely say but how is any of that different than current outside of a better presentation ? The answer is simple it places the agency in the player(s) whom want to raid hands and removes the nature of the poor pitiful me complaints.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Additionally, to answer the last question if people are going to be upset or fail when raiding that's not an issue proper group finding will ever fix nor is it an issue any dev should waste time trying to fix. No raid encounter should come with a guarantee of completion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If Raids are gonna cause that much a problem, that you now expect them to revamp the LFG and Guild system for content that is only run by 3 - 7% of population, they better off removing them, and put that effort into making something more people will enjoy that won't need entire other systems overhauled.

> > > >

> > > > These things would also benefits fractals, story missions and other party generating tools. My fear is this, I like Raids, however I think most of us can agree that it would benefit from having many more players experiencing the content regardless of the niche type of content it is. What happens if player population dwindle. I would not be surprised if the raid team would fall into the same category as dungeons with Anet advising that there are now 6 or 7 wings for raids are out that they no longer support this type of content. Living World would probably never get axed and in a few short episodes there will be a complete set of Legendary weapons for the 2nd generation. I guess it would also depend if W6 would be part of the gift of the ring collection as well, which I suspect it will be, but where does that leave for W7? I just hope that this game mode doesn’t become unsupported content like dungeons.

> > >

> > > Messing with the LFG or Guilds. would have no effect on Living story ,and Fractals have been doing just fine for half a decade with the current system.

> > >

> > > Right now, Anet has made it clear, this Raids are their hard stuff, it's not meant for the masses, and if sometime in the future if the raid teams wants to save their jobs or whatever, and needs to find a way to bring in the masses, I am sure they can suddenly figure how to make a "story mode" work.

> > >

> > > Saying we have to mess with everything else to make raids work.. just makes them look like a huge pile of more trouble then they are worth.

> >

> > I worry about this because I understand that it’s niche content, however with potentially wing 7 what would the carrot be? Another legendary item, no legendary item? I understand people want the challenge, but what if there is no legendary reward?

> >

> > Also once this wing is out, will raiders still want to do as much raiding? Would this then shrink the niche content into an unpopular content aka Stronghold, that the devs will no longer support, but will obviously keep in the game just like dungeons?

> >

> > I think Anet should be trying to increase this niche content somehow before they decide to not support it because if they decide it’s not worth the development time, it’s over.

>

> Look.. it's not your place to worry about it, Anet made this content knowing full well this was not for the majority of players, they have made it clear they don't intend to make this content attractive outside the demographic it was designed for, so, they are not trying to bolster the number of people that play it, at least not currently, If they decide they want to make it more accessible to the masses that are not up to the challenge, then the answer lies in the raid content itself, not the LFG or Guild systems.. If higher-ups decided it was a mistake and drop it, there is nothing you or I can do about it.

>

> So at this point, there is no need to worry, just enjoy the game and content. Whatever will be.. will be.

>

> Many other games have far worse LFG and Guild systems, and their raid culture is doing just fine.

If they wanted it for all it would be easy no mechanics for majority hate mechs and specially breakbars

> @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > @"LordOtto.2650" said:

> > Well, I disagree on having health bars, there is the squad, at squad you can see the health bar! I have +900 li, I carry with druid or Minstrel firebrand, and one shot every boss! When you need health bar you are the problem, and the squad needs better healer!

>

> Dhuum says hi xD

Lol

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > >

> > > > What does a whole country have to do with this?

> > > >

> > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > >

> > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > >

> > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > >

> > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> >

> > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

>

> Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

>

Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

> @"uncomfortably energetic.9153" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > What does a whole country have to do with this?

> > > > >

> > > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > > >

> > > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > > >

> > > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> > >

> > > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

> >

> > Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

> >

>

> Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

> > > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > > >

> > > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > > >

> > > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> > >

> > > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

> >

> > Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

> >

>

> Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

This is my feeling too. When my ping is under 300 I feel like I'm contributing at relatively decent amount to the raid. When my ping hits 300, which it does often enough I don't feel I'm executing and I feel like I'm being carried.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > > @"LordOtto.2650" said:

> > > Well, I disagree on having health bars, there is the squad, at squad you can see the health bar! I have +900 li, I carry with druid or Minstrel firebrand, and one shot every boss! When you need health bar you are the problem, and the squad needs better healer!

> >

> > Dhuum says hi xD

>

> Lol

Payed 150 gold to be in a squad kill, played druid, downed once, didn't die, killed it!

[https://ibb.co/c3tMcG](https://ibb.co/c3tMcG "https://ibb.co/c3tMcG")

[https://ibb.co/etKDPw](https://ibb.co/etKDPw "https://ibb.co/etKDPw")

[https://ibb.co/ezn04w](https://ibb.co/ezn04w "https://ibb.co/ezn04w")

> @"LordOtto.2650" said:

> > > > @"LordOtto.2650" said:

> > > > Well, I disagree on having health bars, there is the squad, at squad you can see the health bar! I have +900 li, I carry with druid or Minstrel firebrand, and one shot every boss! When you need health bar you are the problem, and the squad needs better healer!

> > >

> > > Dhuum says hi xD

> >

> > Lol

>

>

> Payed 150 gold to be in a squad kill, played druid, downed once, didn't die, killed it!

> [https://ibb.co/c3tMcG](https://ibb.co/c3tMcG "https://ibb.co/c3tMcG")

> [https://ibb.co/etKDPw](https://ibb.co/etKDPw "https://ibb.co/etKDPw")

> [https://ibb.co/ezn04w](https://ibb.co/ezn04w "https://ibb.co/ezn04w")

Gratz :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

I pug all my raids at weekly reset. This is the video with me in it finishing cm w5b1cm with 3.15 mins left... I joined pug to get my raid done due to timezone diff and playtime.

https://youtu.be/RfFmMw5mvTY

It is frustrating with 400 ping but with practice it's not hard. My husband play dps role. The only role we can't play is chrono bcos we can't do full rotation for cs. My favorite raid boss before wing 5 was Matthias.. I still like to do Matthias.

In raid.. if you take a lot of damage.. u are doing something wrong. With 400 ping I only hv some issue with certain mechanic and I try countering it differently. Overtime u know how to avoid/counter it . Both me n my husband might move to NA for two weeks to try Dhuum cm due to timezone and play time constraints in eu we can't play on EU peak hours. We hv done all wing 5 achievements except Dhuum cm for the tittle. So we might see you there!! :)

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"uncomfortably energetic.9153" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What does a whole country have to do with this?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > > > >

> > > > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> > > >

> > > > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

> > >

> > > Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

> > >

> >

> > Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

>

> I pug all my raids at weekly reset. This is the video with me in it finishing cm w5b1cm with 3.15 mins left... I joined pug to get my raid done due to timezone diff and playtime.

>

> https://youtu.be/RfFmMw5mvTY

>

> It is frustrating with 400 ping but with practice it's not hard. My husband play dps role. The only role we can't play is chrono bcos we can't do full rotation for cs. My favorite raid boss before wing 5 was Matthias.. I still like to do Matthias.

>

> In raid.. if you take a lot of damage.. u are doing something wrong. With 400 ping I only hv some issue with certain mechanic and I try countering it differently. Overtime u know how to avoid/counter it . Both me n my husband might move to NA for two weeks to try Dhuum cm due to timezone and play time constraints in eu we can't play on EU peak hours. We hv done all wing 5 achievements except Dhuum cm for the tittle. So we might see you there!! :)

Unfortunately my main is a mesmer and I play a chrono when I raid with my guild. However, since it's frustrating and I have to work harder, that may well be acceptable to you but I find it frustrating. I find it too frustrating to play sometimes, particularly when a ping spike hits. Nothing worse than going down or dying through no fault of your own. Practice will make me better. It won't make the situation better. I've tried it, I find it unacceptable. It's not about if it can be done. This is a game after all.

I could play baseball with weights tied around both legs. But I wouldn't enjoy it

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"uncomfortably energetic.9153" said:

> > > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > > @"Chris McSwag.4683" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What does a whole country have to do with this?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

> > > >

> > > > Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

> >

> > I pug all my raids at weekly reset. This is the video with me in it finishing cm w5b1cm with 3.15 mins left... I joined pug to get my raid done due to timezone diff and playtime.

> >

> > https://youtu.be/RfFmMw5mvTY

> >

> > It is frustrating with 400 ping but with practice it's not hard. My husband play dps role. The only role we can't play is chrono bcos we can't do full rotation for cs. My favorite raid boss before wing 5 was Matthias.. I still like to do Matthias.

> >

> > In raid.. if you take a lot of damage.. u are doing something wrong. With 400 ping I only hv some issue with certain mechanic and I try countering it differently. Overtime u know how to avoid/counter it . Both me n my husband might move to NA for two weeks to try Dhuum cm due to timezone and play time constraints in eu we can't play on EU peak hours. We hv done all wing 5 achievements except Dhuum cm for the tittle. So we might see you there!! :)

>

> Unfortunately my main is a mesmer and I play a chrono when I raid with my guild. However, since it's frustrating and I have to work harder, that may well be acceptable to you but I find it frustrating. I find it too frustrating to play sometimes, particularly when a ping spike hits. Nothing worse than going down or dying through no fault of your own. Practice will make me better. It won't make the situation better. I've tried it, I find it unacceptable. It's not about if it can be done. This is a game after all.

>

> I could play baseball with weights tied around both legs. But I wouldn't enjoy it

Ya.. can't play chrono at high ping .. that's what I said the profession we can't play with high ping.

My husband handkite deimos with 400 ping every week.

We don't hv static group to play in EU. We have to pug due to awkward playtime

I honestly can not imagine what it is like to play with 50 ping :p maybe I will fly and hit the ceilings and die

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > > > >

> > > > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> > > >

> > > > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

> > >

> > > Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

> > >

> >

> > Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

>

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> This is my feeling too. When my ping is under 300 I feel like I'm contributing at relatively decent amount to the raid. When my ping hits 300, which it does often enough I don't feel I'm executing and I feel like I'm being carried.

Well I do raid every week with 400-600 ping since raids started.

Had a few breaks so now I have around 900 LI.

Doing your part in raids with 400 ping is not impossible, what I find impossible is players with 40 ping can't dodge bosses attack.

> @"mazut.4296" said:

> The only solution is to refuse to buy runs and all the sellers will disappear shortly after.

I have to wonder, why people would buy a raid. I mean if they have time to get the gold/valuables to buy a raid, why don't they just do the raids?

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"mazut.4296" said:

> > The only solution is to refuse to buy runs and all the sellers will disappear shortly after.

>

> I have to wonder, why people would buy a raid. I mean if they have time to get the gold/valuables to buy a raid, why don't they just do the raids?

I can think of 2 reasons, both not very convincing. Either to get the achievement/s or to get some Kill proof and be able to raid easier from that point on.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"mazut.4296" said:

> > The only solution is to refuse to buy runs and all the sellers will disappear shortly after.

>

> I have to wonder, why people would buy a raid. I mean if they have time to get the gold/valuables to buy a raid, why don't they just do the raids?

Perhaps they find the utter boredom of RIBA farming to be more enjoyable than raiding.

> @"mazut.4296" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"mazut.4296" said:

> > > The only solution is to refuse to buy runs and all the sellers will disappear shortly after.

> >

> > I have to wonder, why people would buy a raid. I mean if they have time to get the gold/valuables to buy a raid, why don't they just do the raids?

>

> I can think of 2 reasons, both not very convincing. Either to get the achievement/s or to get some Kill proof and be able to raid easier from that point on.

I don't get it, why not just put the time that would be spent into farming gold, into doing the raid?

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Australia is not a niche time slot, mate. It's a country. We have lots of people. Making us into second class in game citizens is bad business, if you ask me.

> > > > > > > > > Well, compared to the two big blocks (north america and EU), Australia certainly is a niche time slot. Just for perspective, you have less than 5% of the EU population.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So we're going to marginalize whole countries. Australia is a country in a region referred to as the Oceanic Region and when you add up all the countries in that region, you have a lot more people. How many of them play Guild Wars 2 I have no idea, but let's not say that a percentage of the world should be excluded from content because they're not in the US, or that it's easy because it's easy for people in the US. We bought the game game that everyone else did, except we probably paid more for it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I was referring to player activity on the servers of EU and US. If Australians would have that many people, this would be a non issue.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thus from an activity perspective and player availability, the community from there is niche.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not just this country. It's the whole area of the world. And it's harder to raid from here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Making blanket statements like it's easy to raid, because you live in the US just isn't true. Even in the US not everyone plays without lag or latency.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lag and latency depending on your conenction and proximity to the servers is a thing in all countries, thats just how it is. Obviously it is more common for oceanic players as you are far from the servers, but **that really doesnt have anything to do with this thread** or wether raids are accessible or not.

> > > >

> > > > Btw. Latency and lag.. is annoying but it's not impossible . My hub and me play with 400 to 600 average ping being oceanic player. We hv done every single raid achievements (except Dhuum cm) .. we are only average player.. if we can do it.. anyone can.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Im pretty sure anything you did with 400+ ms was being carried by someone else, I play from aus with an average of 250ms and if I hit 300 the game becomes an unplayable mess, literally you take damage half a second before any telegraph will show so please don't bs and say its possible with 400+. You were 100% carried.

> >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > This is my feeling too. When my ping is under 300 I feel like I'm contributing at relatively decent amount to the raid. When my ping hits 300, which it does often enough I don't feel I'm executing and I feel like I'm being carried.

>

> Well I do raid every week with 400-600 ping since raids started.

> Had a few breaks so now I have around 900 LI.

> Doing your part in raids with 400 ping is not impossible, what I find impossible is players with 40 ping can't dodge bosses attack.

>

lol :x what I find funny is .. when we pug raid.. in the middle of fight.. all of sudden some guy said - omg I have 150 ping sorry I cant play with this ping have to go bye. I just keep quiet. :x you guys do not know the luxury lol and those of you with static group to play with.. are most lucky too.. with my play time.. I have to wake up at 4am to join static group which is impossible with my work commitment. so, I have to pug ALL my raids weekly.

If you take time warp you can hit cs rotation with 300-400 ping. I main Chronotank with 250-300 ping and it works fine. Beat every boss every week but dhuum with a group that's all OCE with similar ping, too.

Start with sword 2 and before the channel ends enter cs, TW, wells, insp signet then shield 5 to finish, immediately use shield 5 again and get the two waves to hit you for double cooldown reduction. The long channel on Grav Well is what gets most high ping Chronos and double sword 2 is better than double Grav well anyway for dps unless you need to control adds.

You just adjust your rotation or your play to make up for the ping. Like for dps I don't play Ele as ping wreaks havoc on attunement swapping, I use lazy engineer rotation for Condi and I run a sword/shield (not kit less) holosmit because kit swapping is similarly bad. You will struggle to compete with speed runners and the like but who cares? There's absolutely nothing preventing you from contributing strongly in raid squads except your own ability.

Though I will count rubber banding ping spikes as exceptions, when people start auto running off the edge and nothing happen only for 2-3s of gameplay to register at once, it's hard to do anything about that.

> @"CrustyBot.3564" said:

> If you take time warp you can hit cs rotation with 300-400 ping. I main Chronotank with 250-300 ping and it works fine. Beat every boss every week but dhuum with a group that's all OCE with similar ping, too.

>

> Start with sword 2 and before the channel ends enter cs, TW, wells, insp signet then shield 5 to finish, immediately use shield 5 again and get the two waves to hit you for double cooldown reduction. The long channel on Grav Well is what gets most high ping Chronos and double sword 2 is better than double Grav well anyway for dps unless you need to control adds.

>

> You just adjust your rotation or your play to make up for the ping. Like for dps I don't play Ele as ping wreaks havoc on attunement swapping, I use lazy engineer rotation for Condi and I run a sword/shield (not kit less) holosmit because kit swapping is similarly bad. You will struggle to compete with speed runners and the like but who cares? There's absolutely nothing preventing you from contributing strongly in raid squads except your own ability.

>

> Though I will count rubber banding ping spikes as exceptions, when people start auto running off the edge and nothing happen only for 2-3s of gameplay to register at once, it's hard to do anything about that.

Ah thanks for the tips kudos to you.

> @"LordOtto.2650" said:

> Well, I disagree on having health bars, there is the squad, at squad you can see the health bar! I have +900 li, I carry with druid or Minstrel firebrand, and one shot every boss! When you need health bar you are the problem, and the squad needs better healer!

One does not have to be a failing healer to understand how convinient and helpful they would be given the action combat system. A feature that would further improving great druid play. All though, they certainly wouldn't help with Dhuum greens...

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> > @"LordOtto.2650" said:

> > Well, I disagree on having health bars, there is the squad, at squad you can see the health bar! I have +900 li, I carry with druid or Minstrel firebrand, and one shot every boss! When you need health bar you are the problem, and the squad needs better healer!

>

> One does not have to be a failing healer to understand how convinient and helpful they would be given the action combat system. A feature that would further improving great druid play. All though, they certainly wouldn't help with Dhuum greens...

Just saying that I've done Dhuum... I payed 150 gold to be in a squad kill, I didn't died, downed once in the whole game, did my job well! Just saying, 'cause I somehow sense a sarcasm in your post!?