5 man q needs to come back!!!

Eddbopkins.2630

GW2 PvP is going the way of encouraging solo play and its bad for the community, but current problem the vocal forum PvP community, which is only a small part of the already small PvP community, is pushing with all their might for solo play, so its our own created problem really and unless more people start talking against pure solo play that won't change.

I'm one of the people that is sadden with the change of direction for PvP from team to solo and with every single restriction to ranked I feel less and less included to try harder. Best example now is the que lock for duo at 1,6k, it made me try less and well I didn't even want to cross the 1,6k mark and didn't...

Honest I feel for everyone that want to play in a team without the planning their free time around ATs, but yee I kind of don't see it changing for the better, all hopes remain on duo still fighting and keeping alive.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind if they implemented two more leaderboards, as long as they don't mix the respecitve player pools with one another.

Like: 1 dedicated SoloQ, A dedicated joint Duo/tripple Q, and 1 dedicated 5 man Q.

Just ......prepare to have insanely long Qing times, since it has been stated several times - even by devs - that the current population wouldn't support separate Qs.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

> It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

>

>

> > It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

>

>

> Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

No. lol

Crawling back? It is dying faster than ever and has been for a while.

> > @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

> >

> >

> > > It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

> >

> >

> > Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

>

> No. lol

>

> Crawling back? It is dying faster than ever and has been for a while.

While in eu you need to be at plat3 to enter the top250. Seems numbers getting back and lots of players enjoying the mode. I never had long Qtimes, even not at mmr of 1750 out of prime time. Na issue? Most of things in forum are not a discussion worth on eu servers.

> @"Xibalbar.7459" said:

> > > @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

> > >

> > >

> > > > It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

> > >

> > >

> > > Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

> >

> > No. lol

> >

> > Crawling back? It is dying faster than ever and has been for a while.

>

> While in eu you need to be at plat3 to enter the top250. Seems numbers getting back and lots of players enjoying the mode. I never had long Qtimes, even not at mmr of 1750 out of prime time. Na issue? Most of things in forum are not a discussion worth on eu servers.

Yeah NA is a complete mess. There's pretty much no one left. The leaderboards start at like 1500 rating last time I checked.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> If you are so introverted you cant mesaage someone you just played with " that was fun, we played well together. want to team up?"

This is just absolutely disgusting. What do people having to be introverted has to do with any of this? I'm sure these 'introverts' have a lot more team strategy than the one that simply is worried about their own troubles and no one else's .

>

> Sorry if i offended anyone. Im just talkin from my heart.

All I see is 'sorry not sorry' mentality. Again, selfish no matter which way you put it. One way of gameplay or interaction is not superior over the other. But hey, I'm just 'talking from the heart'.

#SorryForOffendingAnyone

I love that so many people are in denyal.

PvP just **GOT WORSE** and worse after they removed team ranked.

That's why ~2 seasons after they removed team queues GW2 got booted out of ESL.

OP is right, and anyone with half a brain would tell you that removing Team Queues from a **team game** would have a negative impact. But sadly like someone once said:

So we got a poll that broke the game mode. And after that they added ATs. **Which would have been a good answer** if it had been added immediately after the end of team queues, and didn't have the take constraints it has. But by the time they were added most of the 5 man groups had disbanded.

> > @"Xibalbar.7459" said:

> > > > @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

> > >

> > > No. lol

> > >

> > > Crawling back? It is dying faster than ever and has been for a while.

> >

> > While in eu you need to be at plat3 to enter the top250. Seems numbers getting back and lots of players enjoying the mode. I never had long Qtimes, even not at mmr of 1750 out of prime time. Na issue? Most of things in forum are not a discussion worth on eu servers.

>

> Yeah NA is a complete mess. There's pretty much no one left. The leaderboards start at like 1500 rating last time I checked.

Well if im correct where was alot of exploiting last seasons on your leaderboards, so i guess enough people left the field cause of this. I played other games on na servers and i allways had feeling it was all about fun. Gw2 is not fun. And eu is just same cancer, but more numbers, thats all. Not more skill, maybe more wintrade.

> @"Xibalbar.7459" said:

> > > @"Xibalbar.7459" said:

> > > > > @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

> > > >

> > > > No. lol

> > > >

> > > > Crawling back? It is dying faster than ever and has been for a while.

> > >

> > > While in eu you need to be at plat3 to enter the top250. Seems numbers getting back and lots of players enjoying the mode. I never had long Qtimes, even not at mmr of 1750 out of prime time. Na issue? Most of things in forum are not a discussion worth on eu servers.

> >

> > Yeah NA is a complete mess. There's pretty much no one left. The leaderboards start at like 1500 rating last time I checked.

>

> Well if im correct where was alot of exploiting last seasons on your leaderboards, so i guess enough people left the field cause of this. I played other games on na servers and i allways had feeling it was all about fun. Gw2 is not fun. And eu is just same cancer, but more numbers, thats all. Not more skill, maybe more wintrade.

That's not why people left. People literally just decided GW2 wasn't worth anything anymore and went to play other games and have fun for a change. There's literally nothing GW2 offers anymore.

> > @"Xibalbar.7459" said:

> > > > @"Xibalbar.7459" said:

> > > > > > @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Arranged teams vs PUGs are what killed pvp in this game in year 1 and ever since it has been barely crawling back.

> > > > >

> > > > > No. lol

> > > > >

> > > > > Crawling back? It is dying faster than ever and has been for a while.

> > > >

> > > > While in eu you need to be at plat3 to enter the top250. Seems numbers getting back and lots of players enjoying the mode. I never had long Qtimes, even not at mmr of 1750 out of prime time. Na issue? Most of things in forum are not a discussion worth on eu servers.

> > >

> > > Yeah NA is a complete mess. There's pretty much no one left. The leaderboards start at like 1500 rating last time I checked.

> >

> > Well if im correct where was alot of exploiting last seasons on your leaderboards, so i guess enough people left the field cause of this. I played other games on na servers and i allways had feeling it was all about fun. Gw2 is not fun. And eu is just same cancer, but more numbers, thats all. Not more skill, maybe more wintrade.

>

> That's not why people left. People literally just decided GW2 wasn't worth anything anymore and went to play other games and have fun for a change. There's literally nothing GW2 offers anymore.

I did same and i ended up returning because i had same trouble with matchmaking and soloQ in other games. I like the mmoish style and things i can do beside pvp, not only sit in a interface and smash buttons all over again. I do agree balance to some point is horrible, but i guess we can read this in every forum on this planet. The only thing gw2 lacks is just teamQ in pvp, it whould solve alot. But guess what? Mmos are more singleplayergames today. I had lot of fun with guildQ, but most of ppl wants to achieve things on there own on a easy way.

I love gw2 and wont quit it. Its okay if others dislike. Game is great enough for wintrade. LUL

> @"KaporHabakuk.6219" said:

> And what is holding you from doing just what you ask in unranked?I mean you here for funn,not for reward chests from ranked or some chart.Just join party and click unranked and tadaaaa,magic,you and your friends are now queved for a match.... .

People like to have some progression on their char and availability for that progression in pvp's current state is locked behind ranked Q. If you want the loot and the tickets that all pvp rewards are locked behind you have to Q ranked. So in a team based game the majority of your progression is locked behind the competency (or lack thereof) of 4 other people who, as far as you know, are complete garbage and may as well have picked up the game 5 minutes ago. 5 man queues for ranked would've been fine to have after they fixed the whole amber shopping problem from season 1 but instead everyone went batshit crazy thinking that 5 man had to be removed because people who only solo'd weren't doing as well as people who tried to give themselves the best chance of winning (oooh, shocker).

Summary: Bring back 5 man queues cause removing them killed Gw2 pvp quicker than bad balance.

I think the point is that AT's are going to be their direction for organized team vs team gameplay.

Currently, with their seeding and single elimination, they can be a "pros vs golds" farm fest until the very end. However, the solution is not to abandon ATs and discount them entirely from the thread, but to rather improve them which they already have stated in a dedicated thread.

i agree that bringing back team ranked is a good idea.....to me any negative stated above is either of little substance or outweighed by the weight of enjoyment of the game... this is NOT a competitive game stop trying to be....

or here's a thought add pip rewards to unranked..

PS. don't tell me that we don't have the population.... it would just result in longer queue times who the bleep cares... we can do literally anything while we wait for queue to pop including PVP in hot join... anyone who can't be bothered to wait will just que solo and that's FINE... but don't punish those willing to wait.... have you seen stronghold queue times lol yet people wait on those all the time... let players decide what there willing to wait for and not willing to wait for...

Sure if arranged teams can only queue against other arranged teams that is fine but we already know it will be a ghost town with 30-60+ minute queue times which is why Anet stopped supporting it outside of ATs.

Its fairly obvious that the vast majority of ppl play solo and are likely just doing dailies and reward tracks. ATs, unranked and private games all allow for arranged team play.

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> Sure if arranged teams can only queue against other arranged teams that is fine but we already know it will be a ghost town with 30-60+ minute queue times which is why Anet stopped supporting it outside of ATs.

>

> Its fairly obvious that the vast majority of ppl play solo and are likely just doing dailies and reward tracks. ATs, unranked and private games all allow for arranged team play.

There aren't enough people for team ques to be supported anymore. As much as I would have like 5 man ques to stay, I don't think it would work.

Nothing can be done to fix GW2 PvP and WvW. They are already dead and what's left is dying out. Anet messed up time and time again. That's why things are like this. I have no attachment to the game any longer, neither do countless others.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"yanniell.1236" said:

> > Just, no.

> >

> > Go do some ATs or queue unranked with your friends and have a nice time roflstomping a bunch of solo queuers.

>

> Why "just no". Why cant there be freely timed 5man pvp ranked q? I gave you my argument for it.

> Why "just, no"....? Just saying that is selfish in it self!

go do it u all will emo quit that night with, too easy gn.

or

5 man team queues up and has to wait till another 5man team queues up and then chance u gonna lose/win constantly is still there.

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> Sure if arranged teams can only queue against other arranged teams that is fine but we already know it will be a ghost town with 30-60+ minute queue times which is why Anet stopped supporting it outside of ATs.

>

> Its fairly obvious that the vast majority of ppl play solo and are likely just doing dailies and reward tracks. ATs, unranked and private games all allow for arranged team play.

the vast majority play solo que bc they dont have any other choice....

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

>

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> > @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > Sure if arranged teams can only queue against other arranged teams that is fine but we already know it will be a ghost town with 30-60+ minute queue times which is why Anet stopped supporting it outside of ATs.

> >

> > Its fairly obvious that the vast majority of ppl play solo and are likely just doing dailies and reward tracks. ATs, unranked and private games all allow for arranged team play.

>

> the vast majority play solo que bc they dont have any other choice....

LOL yeah I didn't realize he said that.

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> even if there were gonna be 30 min to 60 min ques (there wont be ) but if there were....... THEN ITS STILL THE PLAYERS CHOICE TO WAIT!! not sure what peoples disconnect here is....

We have direct evidence showing this is the case. Heck I remember when team tournament was a thing which required tournament tickets (sold in the gem store LOL).

It just ends up being free farm for the wannabe esports try hards which kills any possibility of new teams actually lasting longer than a day. Even in actual competitive games with millions of players 5v5 queue is considered pointless due to the same problem. You have to scrim if you want competition which you are free to do in GW2.

I am not opposed to 5v5, as long as its not pre-mades vs pugs. Anet has done all of the above and decided its not worth supporting. Some people seem to keep clinging to this fantasy that bringing it back will be big, but I am telling you hardly anyone cares anymore - **the ship has sailed**.