5 man q needs to come back!!!

Eddbopkins.2630

The main problem as people have pointed out would be Q timers, you are literally just sitting around waiting for what 20+ mins until another 5 man comes along that has Q'd.

If it's a bunch of legendary/plat players they will steamroll everyone, the 'bunch of friends playing for fun' teams will log off. End of 5 mans Q'ing, rinse repeat.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

> > even if there were gonna be 30 min to 60 min ques (there wont be ) but if there were....... THEN ITS STILL THE PLAYERS CHOICE TO WAIT!! not sure what peoples disconnect here is....

>

> We have direct evidence showing this is the case. Heck I remember when team tournament was a thing which required tournament tickets (sold in the gem store LOL).

>

> It just ends up being free farm for the wannabe esports try hards which kills any possibility of new teams actually lasting longer than a day. Even in actual competitive games with millions of players 5v5 queue is considered pointless due to the same problem. You have to scrim if you want competition which you are free to do in GW2.

>

> I am not opposed to 5v5, as long as its not pre-mades vs pugs. Anet has done all of the above and decided its not worth supporting. Some people seem to keep clinging to this fantasy that bringing it back will be big, but I am telling you hardly anyone cares anymore - **the ship has sailed**.

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

> > even if there were gonna be 30 min to 60 min ques (there wont be ) but if there were....... THEN ITS STILL THE PLAYERS CHOICE TO WAIT!! not sure what peoples disconnect here is....

>

> We have direct evidence showing this is the case. Heck I remember when team tournament was a thing which required tournament tickets (sold in the gem store LOL).

>

> It just ends up being free farm for the wannabe esports try hards which kills any possibility of new teams actually lasting longer than a day. Even in actual competitive games with millions of players 5v5 queue is considered pointless due to the same problem. You have to scrim if you want competition which you are free to do in GW2.

>

> I am not opposed to 5v5, as long as its not pre-mades vs pugs. Anet has done all of the above and decided its not worth supporting. Some people seem to keep clinging to this fantasy that bringing it back will be big, but I am telling you hardly anyone cares anymore - **the ship has sailed**.

This simply isnt the rule its exception....1. there are plenty of tourney teams still playing at every tourney and I am by no means a esports player and me and my 5 stack steamrolled a many teams 500-0 and yet they continue to que and then we go on to play said "esports" team (mur) and get rolled yet we continue to que aswell.... obviously getting dumpstered isnt gonna make friends stop playing together...and id rather lose to good players then lose bc i have a troll as a teammate.

your saying that no one cares but the call for team que is a every other day post here...and almost everyone i play with prefers team que to solo que...

> @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> The main problem as people have pointed out would be Q timers, you are literally just sitting around waiting for what 20+ mins until another 5 man comes along that has Q'd.

>

> If it's a bunch of legendary/plat players they will steamroll everyone, the 'bunch of friends playing for fun' teams will log off. End of 5 mans Q'ing, rinse repeat.

que times should be up to the player to decide if they are ok with the wait...

i'd be fine queuing into the same plat stack (im plat) win or lose then playing with randoms which afk during matchups and blow up team chat blaming everyone for everything it creates no incentive to continue to play gw2 and i very much would hate to see a game i've played for so long die... bc its trying to be something its not..

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> > @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> > The main problem as people have pointed out would be Q timers, you are literally just sitting around waiting for what 20+ mins until another 5 man comes along that has Q'd.

> >

> > If it's a bunch of legendary/plat players they will steamroll everyone, the 'bunch of friends playing for fun' teams will log off. End of 5 mans Q'ing, rinse repeat.

>

> que times should be up to the player to decide if they are ok with the wait...

>

> i'd be fine queuing into the same plat stack (im plat) win or lose then playing with randoms which afk during matchups and blow up team chat blaming everyone for everything it creates no incentive to continue to play gw2 and i very much would hate to see a game i've played for so long die... bc its trying to be something its not..

The thing is even if they gutted PvP, there would be no consequence if PvP died. The whales are keeping the game alive, so it wouldn't die at all. It would most likely just make the game stagnant, or cut it out completely.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

> > > @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> > > The main problem as people have pointed out would be Q timers, you are literally just sitting around waiting for what 20+ mins until another 5 man comes along that has Q'd.

> > >

> > > If it's a bunch of legendary/plat players they will steamroll everyone, the 'bunch of friends playing for fun' teams will log off. End of 5 mans Q'ing, rinse repeat.

> >

> > que times should be up to the player to decide if they are ok with the wait...

> >

> > i'd be fine queuing into the same plat stack (im plat) win or lose then playing with randoms which afk during matchups and blow up team chat blaming everyone for everything it creates no incentive to continue to play gw2 and i very much would hate to see a game i've played for so long die... bc its trying to be something its not..

>

> The thing is even if they gutted PvP, there would be no consequence if PvP died. The whales are keeping the game alive, so it wouldn't die at all. It would most likely just make the game stagnant, or cut it out completely.

This is true SPVP and WVW could both be cut and the game would stand on the PVE....a scary thought

But thats exactly why SPVP and WVW should simply be a casual exp. not this try hard competitive one the game has made steps to become... it be one thing if solo was breathing new life into SPVP but its not.

when SOLO/DUO was introduced it was introduced as a trial run for a season to see what kind of impact it would have on SPVP....i think its pretty clear it hasnt changed anything... SPVP is still in steady decline except now you have no community....atleast before when i logged on i was flooded with requests to team and party up....now gw2 is a lifeless solo exp....WHICH IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE REASON ANYONE PLAYS A MMO...

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> Actually the vast majority of people play MMOs solo and use queues or group finders 90% of the time. They like playing with people but on their own schedules and like map/guild chats.

meh...

id be willing to bet that the vast majority of this games hardcore playerbase (the people that play daily) dont prefer to play solo...

and 2 me its that group the game should cater 2 not the guy who logs on once a month for a 3 game pvp session and bc he's never on doesnt have friends to play with...

but hey maybe i'm completely wrong..