[Are you a PVPer or PVEer?] VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > Why can't have both, i play both mode almost as much. Whenever there is new LW, i will be swimming in new map everyday until i am done with it and i will be swimming in wvw until the new ep is out. If not doing fractal and raid are not considered pver... then i am a wvwer.

> >

> > you are a PVPer then

>

> It is strange to get defined as pvper.

>

> Out of pve pvp wvw mode, i spent extremely less time in pvp compare to the other two. I like fighting another player but i hated to fight inside the circle.

>

> In wvw i spent most of my time roaming and small scale combat with my guild. The fight in wvw felt more dynamic, like a real world warfare situation than pvp match.

>

> On the other hand i enjoy pve side of this game, the story, LW story, expansion story very much, also i enjoy openworld event a lot. The world boss train, silverwaste, VB meta, LW1, world completion...

>

> That’s why i consider myself both, or just WvWer.

well if you like being competitive and fight auther players was in in 5v5 sPVP or in GvG and open world PVP WvW than you are a PVPer cos that what you like more ,more than PVE

> @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > I never did even one PvP match since release 2012.

>

> well you missing the half of GW2 fun....

Don't feel that way. I miss half of the grief, this is the way I feel. Guild tried GvG in GW1, were stomped over a whole evening, not a single win. Did Alliance Battle in GW1, people laughed and danced over my dead body. Were ganked in Heroes' Ascend. Never had a positive encounter in PvP. No, I don't want to fight other players again. NPCs don't flame you, NPCs don't laugh at you, NPCs aren't spiteful. NPCs are simply there.

> @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > I never did even one PvP match since release 2012.

> >

> > well you missing the half of GW2 fun....

>

> Don't feel that way. I miss half of the grief, this is the way I feel. Guild tried GvG in GW1, were stomped over a whole evening, not a single win. Did Alliance Battle in GW1, people laughed and danced over my dead body. Were ganked in Heroes' Ascend. Never had a positive encounter in PvP. No, I don't want to fight other players again. NPCs don't flame you, NPCs don't laugh at you, NPCs aren't spiteful. NPCs are simply there.

Well you have a point lol

> @"Spurnshadow.3678" said:

> > > @"Spurnshadow.3678" said:

> > > Neither. I'm a WvWer.

> >

> > WVW IS PVP MAN

>

> You don't know anything then.

+1

I haven't entered even the PvP lobby in many months. But I do WvW regularly even though I'm primarily a PvE player.

> @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > @"Silmar Alech.4305" said:

> > > I never did even one PvP match since release 2012.

> >

> > well you missing the half of GW2 fun....

>

> Don't feel that way. I miss half of the grief, this is the way I feel. Guild tried GvG in GW1, were stomped over a whole evening, not a single win. Did Alliance Battle in GW1, people laughed and danced over my dead body. Were ganked in Heroes' Ascend. Never had a positive encounter in PvP. No, I don't want to fight other players again. NPCs don't flame you, NPCs don't laugh at you, NPCs aren't spiteful. NPCs are simply there.

> NPCs don't flame you

Some do. Hell one specific one does in PoF story (and no I don't mean burn damage).

> NPCs don't laugh at you

I've had a few that done it...

> NPCs aren't spiteful

Some Trolls, some Kraits, some Risen, some Dredge, some Devourers.

When I'm stunlocked onto the ground unable to move, heal, cleanse, defend, whatever and slowly get downed/die after like 30 seconds because I can't do anything and the swarm of them just screwed me over... I'm going to say spiteful.

Or the Kraits that like to pull... push... pull... push.

Try to attack? Push. Try to move to a spot? Pull. Try to get away? Pull push pull.

I mean yes... they're programmed and generated, but I've had times I wonder if those npcs are plotting against me.

There's no tinfoil in GW2 if I recall so I'm not wearing one as a hat.

I used to pvp a lot (conquest) but now I find it boring and can't be kittened with it anymore. The limited gear customisation is one of the reasons and also the monotonous conquest mode.

Likewise I hate instanced pve with bullet sponge bosses and "rotation" based gameplay. It's so unbelievably boring and predictable. Hence I refuse to play raids, and I only touch t4 fractals if I need some loot.

So while I significantly prefer the unpredictability of fighting other players, with lower health pools that require flexible adaptable skill usage (not executing the same boring rotation indefinitely against a boss with millions of hp...), I prefer to experience that in wvw as it's the only place that offers unpredictability. And on that note I either roam solo or with one/two other players, because I dislike large scale blob combat.

Oh I do like to chill out in open world pve because you can kill things quickly and the environments are beautiful, and I am somewhat of a completionist when it comes to open world. However eventually the pve mobs become boring and I need the unpredictability that real players offer.

What I'd love is sort of wvw "lite" skirmish maps for 10-20 players with objectives that force players to spread out and not blob. So not guild groups, but more like 10v10 hotjoin. Kind of like a middle way between 5v5 conquest and 50v50 blobs in normal wvw.

So tl;dr - pvp combat is more fun because unpredictable real players with lower ttk. pve maps/environment and variety more fun.