Spike´s outfit

vier.1327

Hi there, soldiers of the Mist.

I am here to bring to you, again, this topic.

A few months ago, i wrote, in the other forum, the story of one of my guild´s compadres.

He has been playing GW2 since the beginning, as a hardcore WvWer in Baruch Bay (SP). He has been collecting Spikes, the trash item, while defending the Sacred Land of Baruch. The last time he checked his collections, he had 30 stacks of 250 spikes... 7500 spikes. A great number, if you ask me.

With the introduction of the Legendary Spike, the situation changed. He has acceppted the challenge, and he is trying to reach the stack of 250 legendary spikes.

The spike is commmon item for WvWers. Everyday thousands of spikes are seen in the borderlands and sold to an anonymus vendor. So, why not create a Outfit made by spikes? An Outfit for the WvWers in the gemstore.

If you like this idea, please, upload a picture with your Spike´s stack.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @vier.1327 said:

> > ![](https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/234916/IMG-20170116-WA0002.jpg "")

> >

> > Here is the picture.

>

> Hoarding is a disease...

Unfortunately with the way Anet has designed insane material requirements for crafting, it's a necessary disease...maybe not for the spikes mentioned above, though.

> @Sylvyn.4750 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @vier.1327 said:

> > > ![](https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/234916/IMG-20170116-WA0002.jpg "")

> > >

> > > Here is the picture.

> >

> > Hoarding is a disease...

>

> Unfortunately with the way Anet has designed insane material requirements for crafting, it's a necessary disease...maybe not for the spikes mentioned above, though.

And that is the truth. :)

• 1 year later...

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> personally for me it'd depend on how it'd look - spikey outfit could be nice or extremely terrible depending on that....

I think that's the point (pun intended).

It's a trash item, and whether the armor looks good or not, it would be a status item of sorts. Well, at least a conversation piece...

The point of collecting spikes was to send a message.

Playing WvW or figthing a war as the Mist War, where the victory of the MU means nothing and there was not any reward (back in the vanilla era), was like collecting trash items.

There was no real point, it was only for fun.

I think some of the hardcore WvWer, at some point, have had this feeling.

Why are we figthing or keep playing? For fun, because we enjoy it.

Anet do not ignore the praises of the Holy Church of Baruch. Think about the idea of an outfit make by spikes, think aa WvW tribute.