Should there be a gem store item that auto completes dailies ?

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > Simply put dailies are boring, doing them daily well gets repetitive and not fun in the slightest i only log in to do fractals raids and dailies and if possible i would pay gems or real money to have an item that lets me auto complete all dailies. anet you can get money out of people and i can get one less daily annoyance ty.

> >

> > **Is the 10 AP and 2 gold really worth boring yourself over? **I personally don't see the point in doing content you don't enjoy. If you only enjoy doing fractals and raids, then just do fractals and raids. Nobody is forcing you to do dailies except for that little nagging voice in the back of your head telling you that you are missing out on something by not doing them.

>

> For me, yes.

> Well the gold. The achievement points do nothing for me.

>

> > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > I say no for one reason.

> > > Like yesterday/today I struggled to find any dailies I wanted/could do, but finally got them done but here's the thing. I do them for the gold as I really don't have a way to make gold in this game.

> > > If I were to buy something in the gem store to complete them, those same gems I could turn into gold so what is the bloody point?

> >

> > so you are saying you cant make more then 2 gold per day ? really thats strange because 1 round of pretty any zerg activity will give you tons of mats and stuff you can sell for gold. the new istan area will give alot more then 2 gold per run so will sw so will fractals so will ab so will pretty much anything. the only reason i can see is you dont want to put in or cant put in effort.

>

> Why sell materials I need? That seems silly as then later I would need the materials and oh look... I have to spend the money I used to sell them to re-get them again.

How long does it take you to do your dailies? I can do all the T1 daily fractals in around 30 minutes with a good group and make 6g just from trash drops (no selling of mats at all).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> > If Arenanet does that, I am quitting. Paying to skip content and paying to auto reap it's rewards is distinctly p2w and completely conflict of interest to the concept of playing a game. The automatic lv80 gemstore item is bad enough.

>

> It already happens. People pay e.g. for raid completion. And I am pretty sure there are cases where people use credit card to buy gold via gems and pay raid sellers.

This post isnt about buying selling raids or dungeons in the past completely unrelated to this, and i am not in favor of raid sellers in the first place. and you kheldorn are blowing things up for no reason.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > >

> > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> >

> > But.....why?

>

> you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

> @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > >

> > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > >

> > > But.....why?

> >

> > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

>

> No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

>

> I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> It was really a bad idea.

>

>

there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players not the job of veterans to suffer one.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > It was really a bad idea.

> >

> >

>

> there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true.

Since most of the AP can be obtained by doing dailies, i really doubt this could be always the truth.

As there can be players with low ap which are way better than ap Hunters.

Btw not be able to work toward a specific skin simply sucks.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > > It was really a bad idea.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true.

>

> Since most of the AP can be obtained by doing dailies, i really doubt this could be always the truth.

>

> As there can be players with low ap which are way better than ap Hunters.

>

> Btw not be able to work toward a specific skin simply sucks.

you would need to play for 4+ years to max ap now if you cant learn how to play in 4 years i mean what can i say.

true thats why i said it doesnt represent skill but more overall knowledge about the game, learn to read what was written.

i agree on the skin part but im not doing it for the skins anyway. if anything the 30k ap skins should be lowered those are ridiculous.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > It was really a bad idea.

> >

> >

>

> there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players **not the job of veterans to suffer one**.

It is attitudes like this which are toxic for the longevity of any game. Teach, mentor and develop newer players - they are more likely to then invest time and money into the game, sustaining a successful community and continued developer interest. I appreciate there are occasions where players choose to be selective, but lazy and ignorant comments are not the way to win friends and influence people.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > > >

> > > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > > >

> > > > But.....why?

> > >

> > > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

> >

> > No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

> >

> > I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

>

> What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

What an odd response.....All I asked was why you are so obsessed with AP to the point where you will do dailies for 3 years when you find them boring. Is it for the rewards? The prestige of having so much AP? But instead of giving an answer that might explain why you want an item to skip doing dailies (which could improve your chances of people backing your proposal) you get all defensive. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

Here's an idea. Why not give us some reasons why your proposal should be implemented, because so far your only reason behind this entire thread is "I don't like doing dailies, I just want the AP from them". You even said you don't care about the AP skins which is 1 of the main reasons why people farm AP in the first place. Does your proposal benefit the community or the game?

Then ofc the ''better'' counts absolutely nothing.

Not to mention that not al players do dailies for AP, and many still fail at world events or content like veteran hp in pof... But we could talk about any part of the content.

I talking about skins, I would prefer a specific way to unlock those.

Want a skin? A specific achievement or a specific chain achievement.

Same goes for titles, Minis, etc...

> > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > > > >

> > > > > But.....why?

> > > >

> > > > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

> > >

> > > No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

> > >

> > > I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

> >

> > What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

>

> What an odd response.....All I asked was why you are so obsessed with AP to the point where you will do dailies for 3 years when you find them boring. Is it for the rewards? The prestige of having so much AP? But instead of giving an answer that might explain why you want an item to skip doing dailies (which could improve your chances of people backing your proposal) you get all defensive. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

I am not obliged to give you and answer accept it and move on.

I hope anet will not do this. Because if they started doing this, there can be others eg .. unlock and complete all story for LS - all ap awarded w/o doing anything.

Another package..(hate doing pvp n wvw for ap).. unlock and complete all pvp n wvw ap...

Completing daily is free achievements. It is free ap apart from the actual ap to do in game. Id say anet is quite generous already to introduce daily for us to get ap.

I hv my daily and monthly ap all maxed out and I still do it for 2g

> @"calb.3128" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > > It was really a bad idea.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players **not the job of veterans to suffer one**.

>

> It is attitudes like this which are toxic for the longevity of any game. Teach, mentor and develop newer players - they are more likely to then invest time and money into the game, sustaining a successful community and continued developer interest. I appreciate there are occasions where players choose to be selective, but lazy and ignorant comments are not the way to win friends and influence people.

so the community should teach the new members and not lets say the game makers ? explain to me why this is my job and i will do it, but keep in mind i am not an anet employe its not my job to care for the longevity of the game that is theirs, i bought the game my obligation to anet ends there i am here only to enjoy the content until the next expansion when i will pay them again anything in between is the job of anet excluding my personal friends and people i associate with in game.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But.....why?

> > > > >

> > > > > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

> > > >

> > > > No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

> > > >

> > > > I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

> > >

> > > What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

> >

> > What an odd response.....All I asked was why you are so obsessed with AP to the point where you will do dailies for 3 years when you find them boring. Is it for the rewards? The prestige of having so much AP? But instead of giving an answer that might explain why you want an item to skip doing dailies (which could improve your chances of people backing your proposal) you get all defensive. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

>

> I am not obliged to give you and answer accept it and move on.

I never said you were obligated to, it's just in your best interests to. Let's not forget, you are the 1 asking for this, and even made a poll to try and get backing from the community for it. Yet so far you haven't given us any valid reason why we should back you. In fact, your last few posts in this thread have only reduced your chances more and more. Think of it this way, if I go into an interview and got asked "why do you want this job?" and I turned around and said "I'm not your friend, I'm not obliged to tell you", yes I would be correct, but chances are they aren't going to employ me either.

> > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But.....why?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

> > > > >

> > > > > No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

> > > >

> > > > What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

> > >

> > > What an odd response.....All I asked was why you are so obsessed with AP to the point where you will do dailies for 3 years when you find them boring. Is it for the rewards? The prestige of having so much AP? But instead of giving an answer that might explain why you want an item to skip doing dailies (which could improve your chances of people backing your proposal) you get all defensive. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

> >

> > I am not obliged to give you and answer accept it and move on.

>

> I never said you were obligated to, it's just in your best interests to. Let's not forget, you are the 1 asking for this, and even made a poll to try and get backing from the community for it. Yet so far you haven't given us any valid reason why we should back you. In fact, your last few posts in this thread have only reduced your chances more and more. Think of it this way, if I go into an interview and got asked "why do you want this job?" and I turned around and said "I'm not your friend, I'm not obliged to tell you", yes I would be correct, but chances are they aren't going to employ me either.

ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there. i think that it is good i do not need validation from others for it. also i dont care if people like me or not on the forums on the internet xd.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> > > If Arenanet does that, I am quitting. Paying to skip content and paying to auto reap it's rewards is distinctly p2w and completely conflict of interest to the concept of playing a game. The automatic lv80 gemstore item is bad enough.

> >

> > It already happens. People pay e.g. for raid completion. And I am pretty sure there are cases where people use credit card to buy gold via gems and pay raid sellers.

>

> This post isnt about buying selling raids or dungeons in the past completely unrelated to this, and i am not in favor of raid sellers in the first place. and you kheldorn are blowing things up for no reason.

My post is relevant in the context of the poster I'm quoting. People call your idea p2w, which already exists in the game. I am actually defending your idea :)

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But.....why?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

> > > > >

> > > > > What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

> > > >

> > > > What an odd response.....All I asked was why you are so obsessed with AP to the point where you will do dailies for 3 years when you find them boring. Is it for the rewards? The prestige of having so much AP? But instead of giving an answer that might explain why you want an item to skip doing dailies (which could improve your chances of people backing your proposal) you get all defensive. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

> > >

> > > I am not obliged to give you and answer accept it and move on.

> >

> > I never said you were obligated to, it's just in your best interests to. Let's not forget, you are the 1 asking for this, and even made a poll to try and get backing from the community for it. Yet so far you haven't given us any valid reason why we should back you. In fact, your last few posts in this thread have only reduced your chances more and more. Think of it this way, if I go into an interview and got asked "why do you want this job?" and I turned around and said "I'm not your friend, I'm not obliged to tell you", yes I would be correct, but chances are they aren't going to employ me either.

>

> ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there. i think that it is good i do not need validation from others for it. also i dont care if people like me or not on the forums on the internet xd.

If you don't care what people think of your idea, why make a poll about it? Why even respond to this thread when you just wanted to "throw the idea out there"?

Daily is there to encourage playing the game, i doubt the dev with even sell something to encourage otherwise.

I skip daily if it is too much trouble to do, its that simple.

Joke aside, if they have to make a gemstore win button, they should make auto raid potion that complete one raid randomly everyday.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there.

>

> You don't care what others think, yet you created a poll thread . . .

>

i can still see what others have to say doesnt mean i have to care about it, nor agree with it.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> > > > If Arenanet does that, I am quitting. Paying to skip content and paying to auto reap it's rewards is distinctly p2w and completely conflict of interest to the concept of playing a game. The automatic lv80 gemstore item is bad enough.

> > >

> > > It already happens. People pay e.g. for raid completion. And I am pretty sure there are cases where people use credit card to buy gold via gems and pay raid sellers.

> >

> > This post isnt about buying selling raids or dungeons in the past completely unrelated to this, and i am not in favor of raid sellers in the first place. and you kheldorn are blowing things up for no reason.

>

> My post is relevant in the context of the poster I'm quoting. People call your idea p2w, which already exists in the game. I am actually defending your idea :)

p2w in gw2 is a long shot the game only has skins and some utilities that are a bit pay to win ill give you that like all the expansions exclusive zones and stuff like that, but as for raids idc how many times can a kid swipe his mothers credit card and pay some shady raid seller or buy a legendary, i find it funny that we had people complaining they cant buy gen 2 legendaries for cash xd. anyway yeah i am not in favor of raid sellers or legy sellers or any seller ban all those people to hell and back for all i care.

also a big + for anet is that you can grind the gems for the items while the gold 2 gems price is a bit ridiculous in my opinion its not horrible yet. i remember that thing being 40g for 800 gems or close to that