Crafting Guide Help

I'm reading the http://gw2crafts.net/ website and trying to understand the costs involved with crafting each profession. Example; Normal Jewel crafting lists the initial total cost of approx 9 gold. I assume this is for the total cost of all mats necessary to craft up to 400? Seems really cheap to me, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. If the guides are accurate and I'm reading it right; crafting all professions to their max shouldn't be all that expensive, over all?

Thanks for any clarifications provided. :)

the Normal crafting guide assumes you have been playing and gathering "some" materials, so does not represent the total cost. Look at the Fast crafting guide to get a closer "true" cost of the craft and materials needed. While crafting up to 400 is not all that costly, crafting from 400-500 does require quite a bit more. Also something to keep in mind when looking at the "cost" it displays, that is based on the cost at that moment.

Jewelecrafter and artificer are much cheaper than tailor, lestherworjer, etc. JC and cooking only go to 400.

All crafting sites I've seen so far (About 4) get things wrong but are good guides. Some are a lot better than others.

Join a guild that has crafting boost buff if you're not already in one (it's a 24 hour potion). It's insane.

Only craft as much iron bars as you need since steel also uses iron ;)

Before you get a better understanding through experience you'll probably have a couple gold extra spent.