Having a hard time finding out how to play a warrior in WvWvW with my playstyle.

Sumusikoo.1360

So warrior is without a doubt my goto choice in PvP, I absolutely destroy with it even with out-of-meta builds I very rarely lose 1v1's my issue is that in WvWvW I know I can't play the same way I do, I feel like warrior has too much single target DPS and the fact that you aren't a ranged class is just a massive disadvantage in WvW.

I know that my job as a warrior is to give buffs & remove boons from enemies however I'm not a fan of the support playstyle, I usually play hunter in WvWvW due to the longbow, it has AoE, insane nuke capabilities due to your "2" and I actually feel like im being usefull since I can consistently remove players from the fights every few seconds, however, this leads to me not being able to focus on 1 character only.

Is there any long ranged build viable for warrior with high damage output or something?

> @"Sumusikoo.1360" said:

> I feel like warrior has too much single target DPS and the fact that you aren't a ranged class is just a massive disadvantage in WvW.

Welcome to the real fighting world of WvW and not the fantasy world of PvP that anet has created.

In WvW you have to have skill or you are a dead man; in PvP you just get any class and spam 11111, stay in circle and collect rewards!

In PvP players come towards your 100 blades, in WvW players run away from your 100 blades. Why? Because in PvP people are forced to enter a fighting circle or risk losing the battle. In WvW you risk nothing and for that reason players stay away from warrior kite them from far away and collect bags from them.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Sumusikoo.1360" said:

> > I feel like warrior has too much single target DPS and the fact that you aren't a ranged class is just a massive disadvantage in WvW.

>

> Welcome to the real fighting world of WvW and not the fantasy world of PvP that anet has created.

> In WvW you have to have skill or you are a dead man; in PvP you just get any class and spam 11111, stay in circle and collect rewards!

>

> In PvP players come towards your 100 blades, in WvW players run away from your 100 blades. Why? Because in PvP people are forced to enter a fighting circle or risk losing the battle. In WvW you risk nothing and for that reason players stay away from warrior kite them from far away and collect bags from them.

>

When I roam with warrior I don't have much issue killing people just like in PvP only difference being that when they're low enough 90% of the players start running like madmen.

My issue is the zerging where I die too fast if I go in, gotta wait till they're half dead so I don't get instantly downed in a marauder build, which ends up in low rewards for me, hence why I prefer ranged classes for wvw, wonder if there's any decent ranged build for warrior for wvw

> @"Sumusikoo.1360" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > @"Sumusikoo.1360" said:

> > > I feel like warrior has too much single target DPS and the fact that you aren't a ranged class is just a massive disadvantage in WvW.

> >

> > Welcome to the real fighting world of WvW and not the fantasy world of PvP that anet has created.

> > In WvW you have to have skill or you are a dead man; in PvP you just get any class and spam 11111, stay in circle and collect rewards!

> >

> > In PvP players come towards your 100 blades, in WvW players run away from your 100 blades. Why? Because in PvP people are forced to enter a fighting circle or risk losing the battle. In WvW you risk nothing and for that reason players stay away from warrior kite them from far away and collect bags from them.

> >

>

> When I roam with warrior I don't have much issue killing people just like in PvP only difference being that when they're low enough 90% of the players start running like madmen.

>

> My issue is the zerging where I die too fast if I go in, gotta wait till they're half dead so I don't get instantly downed in a marauder build, which ends up in low rewards for me, hence why I prefer ranged classes for wvw, wonder if there's any decent ranged build for warrior for wvw

You will help more if you go melee because nowadays there are tons and tons of stuff that reflect back your projectiles or absorb your projectiles.

A ranged warrior in WvW is very bad. How bad you ask? VERY VERY VERY BAD!

Why?

Answer: all skills on longbow are projectiles, including the burst. Thus all skills can be reflected back at your team and your bow can be completely shut down.

In other words, get a necro! The AoE is unblockbale and you can spam it at 1200 range. Collect bags and earn exp faster!

Default Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSnMdAdhglhAWhAM7ilsATpGk6iB4Z4NcIGZwVACAA-jFCEQBA4QAsFlg+T9HI8AAg3+DMR5nLPCAtRXAA-w

You destroy the enemy zerg and cannot die if you are not a bad player (and a bit of support in zerg).

Sorry Hitman, but i laughed a bit when i read you comment about PvP. You are WvW only player, right? Or never played warrior in an higher platin tier in PvP?

Warrior is the most easy counterable class, even with spellbreaker. No player with a bit experience can die against an warrior because of 100b.

Sumusikoo, can you show your build plz? I am interested, because it sounds a bit like a build that can only stomp beginners in PvP.

Hi,

There's no really any viable ranged build for a WvW warrior. In the past, berserker gunflame was a thing, but that was before the adrenaline nerf. If you want to inflict big damage at a distance, you can try hammer revenant, it's one of the meta build/role in a zerg.

In WvW, you'll usually run a power melee warrior. There are many flavors:

* Dagger/Shield + GS roamer, nearly the same as in PvP with durability runes, good for skirmishes, not as much for zerg fights.

* Axe/Shield + GS core warrior, more brutal than the previous one (Reckless Dodge is great with endurance food, and you can slot traited Bull's Charge), but weaker to conditions. This is what I play, it's good in skirmishes and usable in zerg fights (you mostly play as Focus Party, i.e. gravitate around the fight picking up targets, but can also push with the commander by relying on dodges/stances).

* Hammer/GS zerg build, what Rettan has linked, but it requires a commander who has a good fighting sense and knows how to seize momentum, otherwise you'll get butchered. In roaming, it's average at best.

* I've also seen a successful revival of some old shout build, by a GvG warrior, probably something like Defense/Tactics/Spellbreaker, with sword/warhorn and hammer. It's a tanky/support build, made for the frontline, but I haven't tried it myself (not my taste).

In terms of fighting level, you'll find a lot of variation in WvW, as there's no matchmaking. If you're around platinum, then you'll usually have no problem winning fights out there (you can still meet top players and meet your demise). You'll have be cautious of organized roamer groups however, who can train and work very well together. Builds do not have to focus on Conquest elements (node control), and are 100% devoted to fighting.

Welcome to WvW, have fun!

Warrior sucks for WvW, period.

Melee with limited AoE simply does not fit the gametype at all.

You'll get depressingly little rewards for what you manage to accomplish, meanwhile ranged AoE classes can literally tag the entire enemy zerg and get contribution for all the kills. Not saying that Warrior sucks in PvP fights: if you manage to recreate the PvP formula in small-scale fights/roaming you generally do well. All the Warrior roaming videos you find on YouTube can attest to that.

Just that in the grand scheme of WvW, Warrior is simply not nearly as rewarding for the effort you have to put into it as other classes.

Just the other night I was playing my Core Quickness Rifle build on TC in WvW. So I can say that yes, you can play ranged Warrior in WvW. It was actually a pretty damn good night for the build, but there is a certain play-style that goes with it along with certain conditions that make the build more fun to play.

We had great coverage on our HBL and there were always skirmishes that I could plus one, or distracted enemies to ambush, things like that.

Once you take a ranged weapon on the Warrior you become much more susceptible to melee pressure and heavy CC, This makes 1v1's quite difficult and certain match-ups can be a no-go. On the flip side other match-ups can be pretty good and you can still wreck some peeps if you can play the role decent.

Its a mixed bag, but I do enjoy the play-style and as long as I can make adjustments to gear and skills then ranged Warrior can work in WvW.

I will say though that I do rely on my second weapon set a bit more than in the past and seem to be doing better then just focusing on pure ranged play. The more ranged focus you become the more you will be restricted to groups for extra protection. But even that sort of style can have its moments.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Sumusikoo.1360" said:

> > I feel like warrior has too much single target DPS and the fact that you aren't a ranged class is just a massive disadvantage in WvW.

>

> Welcome to the real fighting world of WvW and not the fantasy world of PvP that anet has created.

> In WvW you have to have skill or you are a dead man; in PvP you just get any class and spam 11111, stay in circle and collect rewards!

>

> In PvP players come towards your 100 blades, in WvW players run away from your 100 blades. Why? Because in PvP people are forced to enter a fighting circle or risk losing the battle. In WvW you risk nothing and for that reason players stay away from warrior kite them from far away and collect bags from them.

>

How do you feel about people who reset fights against you in WvW?

> @"Rettan.9603" said:

> Default Build:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSnMdAdhglhAWhAM7ilsATpGk6iB4Z4NcIGZwVACAA-jFCEQBA4QAsFlg+T9HI8AAg3+DMR5nLPCAtRXAA-w

>

> You destroy the enemy zerg and cannot die if you are not a bad player (and a bit of support in zerg).

>

> Sorry Hitman, but i laughed a bit when i read you comment about PvP. You are WvW only player, right? Or never played warrior in an higher platin tier in PvP?

> Warrior is the most easy counterable class, even with spellbreaker. No player with a bit experience can die against an warrior because of 100b.

>

> Sumusikoo, can you show your build plz? I am interested, because it sounds a bit like a build that can only stomp beginners in PvP.

I don't play anything special just greatsword & Axe + Shield. I play berserk not spellbreaker. damage is insane, a shit ton of condition clearing, hard part is finding a good middleground between stun breakers & condition clearings. Considering how OP Scourge is atm it's a bit hard to find the perfect middleground

This might be a surprise because you do so well in PVP ... Warrior might not have a build that suits your playstyle for WvW; not all classes are designed to fill a wide range of playstyles so you have to find what works for you, even if it's not a theme you like.

Long range isn't it's strength. It's actually weak for that.

> @"Rettan.9603" said:

> Default Build:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSnMdAdhglhAWhAM7ilsATpGk6iB4Z4NcIGZwVACAA-jFCEQBA4QAsFlg+T9HI8AAg3+DMR5nLPCAtRXAA-w

>

> You destroy the enemy zerg and cannot die if you are not a bad player (and a bit of support in zerg).

>

^^^ Pretty standard WvW SB build, and as Rettan said you won't die if you're not bad. Its all about positioning, knowing where to stand and not to stand is 1/2 the battle in wvw.

In theory you can go defiant stance (works as 2nd endure pain) + featherfoot grace + berserker stance + Revenge counter + dura runes so you have enough resistance. to run around. It makes your winds of disenchantment considerably worse but allows you to run around soloing people.

Its up to you if you want to play gs + hammer or gs + axe(or dagger)/shield. Run around the outskirts. Place your bubble to corner enemy, not necessarily directly on them so you dont have to waste too many cooldowns.

**ALWAYS JOIN SQUAD!** Theres so much cleanse and boons coming from there. **Leech** those plebs. Then go run around again for 10 sec. go **leech. Run around. Leech. Run around. Leech.** Typical warrior life. **Dont forget to leech enough.**

Once a month you might come across a commander that is worth staying tag on with a hammer. Support him then. But dont get addicted, you will get **BAD** for staying on tag too much... Any commander that wants everyone to stay on his meta in the current meta is terrible and lives in 2012

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> Kinda sucks WvW we're just used for our one elite skill and for PvE we're just used for banners.

This made “awwww” laugh. Always the Bridesmaid, but never a bride lol

I used SB myself when roaming and have had some success. Ive never tried a roaming Berserker though. That sounds like fun actually.