Why do people believe AT isn't competitive ?

zoopop.5630

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > So why one of you ex-proleauge pro's give a guide based on your experience, explaining how to make good comp, how to practice properly, theorycraft meta comp, proper communications and team building, how to practice rotations! This things now are not worth any money now so why not? You don't care if you win as far match was good right...and you guys want more good matches then 2-3 once a Month.

>

> They aren't worth any money now. That is exactly why we won't spend the time trying to improve a dead gamemode.

>

> We've done things like this in the past too. The interest wasn't there.

It's kinda true...but last time whole scene was different. I don't know about NA but even on sind's streams you can see that pro's are starved for competition. Now is now, and maybe it's time to move on and forget old time's when there was prize money on the line.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > > So why one of you ex-proleauge pro's give a guide based on your experience, explaining how to make good comp, how to practice properly, theorycraft meta comp, proper communications and team building, how to practice rotations! This things now are not worth any money now so why not? You don't care if you win as far match was good right...and you guys want more good matches then 2-3 once a Month.

> >

> > They aren't worth any money now. That is exactly why we won't spend the time trying to improve a dead gamemode.

> >

> > We've done things like this in the past too. The interest wasn't there.

>

> im at a lost with what your trying to get at? Because something isn't worth money is why you won't try to improve a game mode? If your speaking about Real life cash, then that's just stupid. If you're talking about IN game GOLD then again I'm sure you can make some sort of income with knowledge and experience you might have to give to someone else. I mean theirs SOME teams that pay Gold for 5vs5 practices or for some sort of strategies to help their team fight.

>

> However im In it for the game-mode regardless of the amount of negative comments i read every season on how the game-mode is "dying' or "no pro player plays" etc... theirs a lot to aim for regardless of what people complain or talk about. Give yourself some goals and make sure to achieve them you'll eventually find the game to be competitive in more ways then you can think so.

a) Most of us don't care about the game anymore.

b) Most of us _have_ brought players up to a competitive level in the past.

c) The gamemode is dead. There is no incentive to try and form a team.

d) Personally, I would not feel good charging gold for a scrim. I don't think most people would either. Even if you did scrim against a pro team, what would be the point? You would learn enough to move up further within the next community driven tournament? It would still be almost impossible due to the same few pros who pubstomp the whole thing up until the finals.

That's also the problem. I've pretty much hit every goal I've set in the game as have many others due to the time we've already invested. A lot of the pro players no longer care about in game currency because we already have thousands of leftover gold and all the skins wewant. There are no official tournaments and Anet doesn't bother to hype anything up or sponsor anything themselves. Their effort to sponsor streamers led to nothing since there's only about like 200 people watching GW2 during primetime anyways.

The game has pretty much been the same since launch. There's nothing new for players to play around with. Limited build combinations. Etc. etc.

The game is stale and I would rather invest my efforts into another game that actually pays out either in entertainment or cash. GW2 offers neither to me anymore.

If you want to try and revive the scene, go for it. Though it will be an uphill battle because combat isn't fun to watch, as well as being hard for new players to understand. Not to mention a lot of strategies are thrown out the window due to the amount of AoEs in the game. Winning matches come down mainly to rotations instead of personal skill, as classes can survive outnumbered for long periods of time.

Idk man. It's just not worth it for me. I can't speak for everyone else but any combination of the above are why we no longer play.

> @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > > @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > > So why one of you ex-proleauge pro's give a guide based on your experience, explaining how to make good comp, how to practice properly, theorycraft meta comp, proper communications and team building, how to practice rotations! This things now are not worth any money now so why not? You don't care if you win as far match was good right...and you guys want more good matches then 2-3 once a Month.

> >

> > They aren't worth any money now. That is exactly why we won't spend the time trying to improve a dead gamemode.

> >

> > We've done things like this in the past too. The interest wasn't there.

>

> It's kinda true...but last time whole scene was different. I don't know about NA but even on sind's streams you can see that pro's are starved for competition. Now is now, and maybe it's time to move on and forget old time's when there was prize money on the line.

>

>

So maybe the people on EU should try and increase the competition. NA is dead.

I don't really feel like getting into it. But just think about the time frame involved. Pros have gotten to this level after years and years of playing competitively. If you train 5 new players for that long, great. Now you have 5 good players to play against. But that's only _one_ extra team. And there's no guarantee they'll stay together either. You'd have to train hundreds and hundreds of players and have great incentives in game to form teams to increase the competition. That problem lies with Anet however. There's not much players can do other than offer gold or gems that come out of their own pockets. If you really want to drop tons of cash for a dying game, go for it. I'm not.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> Early rounds are mostly PUG stomping. Then you have a handful of players who actually play as team destroying the good but un-coordinated players on the final rounds.

>

> There's no good way for most teams to practice, especially as a team.

And now you see why The players of Gw2 wanted separate Queues. One for teams and one for solo...exactly not what we have now. Although different it shows here in your example.

> @"Vlerk.4761" said:

> Probably because it's more about your connections than your skill. That's also why season 9 showed a completely different leaderboard. People couldn't rely on their connections for duo Qing.

It's kinda true, except for the leaderboard part. The current decadent state of spvp making it even more about the connections.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > > > So why one of you ex-proleauge pro's give a guide based on your experience, explaining how to make good comp, how to practice properly, theorycraft meta comp, proper communications and team building, how to practice rotations! This things now are not worth any money now so why not? You don't care if you win as far match was good right...and you guys want more good matches then 2-3 once a Month.

> > >

> > > They aren't worth any money now. That is exactly why we won't spend the time trying to improve a dead gamemode.

> > >

> > > We've done things like this in the past too. The interest wasn't there.

> >

> > im at a lost with what your trying to get at? Because something isn't worth money is why you won't try to improve a game mode? If your speaking about Real life cash, then that's just stupid. If you're talking about IN game GOLD then again I'm sure you can make some sort of income with knowledge and experience you might have to give to someone else. I mean theirs SOME teams that pay Gold for 5vs5 practices or for some sort of strategies to help their team fight.

> >

> > However im In it for the game-mode regardless of the amount of negative comments i read every season on how the game-mode is "dying' or "no pro player plays" etc... theirs a lot to aim for regardless of what people complain or talk about. Give yourself some goals and make sure to achieve them you'll eventually find the game to be competitive in more ways then you can think so.

>

> a) Most of us don't care about the game anymore.

> b) Most of us _have_ brought players up to a competitive level in the past.

> c) The gamemode is dead. There is no incentive to try and form a team.

> d) Personally, I would not feel good charging gold for a scrim. I don't think most people would either. Even if you did scrim against a pro team, what would be the point? You would learn enough to move up further within the next community driven tournament? It would still be almost impossible due to the same few pros who pubstomp the whole thing up until the finals.

>

> That's also the problem. I've pretty much hit every goal I've set in the game as have many others due to the time we've already invested. A lot of the pro players no longer care about in game currency because we already have thousands of leftover gold and all the skins wewant. There are no official tournaments and Anet doesn't bother to hype anything up or sponsor anything themselves. Their effort to sponsor streamers led to nothing since there's only about like 200 people watching GW2 during primetime anyways.

>

> The game has pretty much been the same since launch. There's nothing new for players to play around with. Limited build combinations. Etc. etc.

>

> The game is stale and I would rather invest my efforts into another game that actually pays out either in entertainment or cash. GW2 offers neither to me anymore.

>

> If you want to try and revive the scene, go for it. Though it will be an uphill battle because combat isn't fun to watch, as well as being hard for new players to understand. Not to mention a lot of strategies are thrown out the window due to the amount of AoEs in the game. Winning matches come down mainly to rotations instead of personal skill, as classes can survive outnumbered for long periods of time.

>

> Idk man. It's just not worth it for me. I can't speak for everyone else but any combination of the above are why we no longer play.

I don't want to revive old pvp scene because it dead. I just made some suggestions to make this game little more enjoyable for everyone...casue gw 2 will stay on market probably for quite long time, there is no better alternative (guy's that went to smite disappeared). Ben and his team soon will change AT's format to give everyone more playtime in 5 man premade's .

By the way could EU pro could add something to this discussion?

> @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > > > > So why one of you ex-proleauge pro's give a guide based on your experience, explaining how to make good comp, how to practice properly, theorycraft meta comp, proper communications and team building, how to practice rotations! This things now are not worth any money now so why not? You don't care if you win as far match was good right...and you guys want more good matches then 2-3 once a Month.

> > > >

> > > > They aren't worth any money now. That is exactly why we won't spend the time trying to improve a dead gamemode.

> > > >

> > > > We've done things like this in the past too. The interest wasn't there.

> > >

> > > im at a lost with what your trying to get at? Because something isn't worth money is why you won't try to improve a game mode? If your speaking about Real life cash, then that's just stupid. If you're talking about IN game GOLD then again I'm sure you can make some sort of income with knowledge and experience you might have to give to someone else. I mean theirs SOME teams that pay Gold for 5vs5 practices or for some sort of strategies to help their team fight.

> > >

> > > However im In it for the game-mode regardless of the amount of negative comments i read every season on how the game-mode is "dying' or "no pro player plays" etc... theirs a lot to aim for regardless of what people complain or talk about. Give yourself some goals and make sure to achieve them you'll eventually find the game to be competitive in more ways then you can think so.

> >

> > a) Most of us don't care about the game anymore.

> > b) Most of us _have_ brought players up to a competitive level in the past.

> > c) The gamemode is dead. There is no incentive to try and form a team.

> > d) Personally, I would not feel good charging gold for a scrim. I don't think most people would either. Even if you did scrim against a pro team, what would be the point? You would learn enough to move up further within the next community driven tournament? It would still be almost impossible due to the same few pros who pubstomp the whole thing up until the finals.

> >

> > That's also the problem. I've pretty much hit every goal I've set in the game as have many others due to the time we've already invested. A lot of the pro players no longer care about in game currency because we already have thousands of leftover gold and all the skins wewant. There are no official tournaments and Anet doesn't bother to hype anything up or sponsor anything themselves. Their effort to sponsor streamers led to nothing since there's only about like 200 people watching GW2 during primetime anyways.

> >

> > The game has pretty much been the same since launch. There's nothing new for players to play around with. Limited build combinations. Etc. etc.

> >

> > The game is stale and I would rather invest my efforts into another game that actually pays out either in entertainment or cash. GW2 offers neither to me anymore.

> >

> > If you want to try and revive the scene, go for it. Though it will be an uphill battle because combat isn't fun to watch, as well as being hard for new players to understand. Not to mention a lot of strategies are thrown out the window due to the amount of AoEs in the game. Winning matches come down mainly to rotations instead of personal skill, as classes can survive outnumbered for long periods of time.

> >

> > Idk man. It's just not worth it for me. I can't speak for everyone else but any combination of the above are why we no longer play.

>

> I don't want to revive old pvp scene because it dead. I just made some suggestions to make this game little more enjoyable for everyone...casue gw 2 will stay on market probably for quite long time, there is no better alternative (guy's that went to smite disappeared). Ben and his team soon will change AT's format to give everyone more playtime in 5 man premade's .

>

> By the way could EU pro could add something to this discussion?

I've been playing Smite too. Their world championship just ended a few days ago. 65k average viewers on twitch. It was hype. GW2 hasn't had that for years.