[PvP] Who would want Condi FB back in meta?

Saiyan.1704

TBH Burnbrand never really had a meta run because it got nerfed so quickly but who would want to see FB somewhat viable again?

The nerfs included a removal of 1 additional burn stack in all our F1 skills. They nerfed Ashes of the Just in our F1 #5 which was the final nail in the coffin... then to make sure the burn class would never resurrect they fixed a "bug" in Ashes of the Just trait that removed a double proc but neglected to reverse any previous nerfs to said traits.

Bring back the **Fire** in Firebrand!

> @"otto.5684" said:

> I want condi FB (or any condi guardian build really) to be good. Not sure how, but currently condi FB problems do not fall into damage. Reversing these changes will probably have little impact in PvP but huge impact in PvE.

Game mode balances are suppose to be separated according to Anet's post so... humor this thread and assume Anet actually stood by their promises; buffing Firebrand in PvP only.

Now, all of our damages are basically tied to F1 burns and their stacks. When I theory crafted Sages I was able to pull off 10k burn ticks within a group.

The biggest differences between Scourge and Condi Firebrand was that we had double the burst potential over Scourges but Scourge had Condi coverages and boon rip tank-killing utilities. Firebrand had team support abilities, opposing the boon ripping.

Menders and Harriers are "OK" for Power Firebrand but currently, Sages still lags behind terribly for an Elite spec with Fire in it's name.

The problem I personally ran into when playing dps condi FB in sPvP was mostly the tomes design. The design works well for support build (way strong). When you are playing dps the locking of skills to tomes, the fact that you cannot dps with ToR and ToC and vice versa when ToJ is active + cast times, not a sPvP functional combo. So far, I had better experience since PoF with core burn, since VoJ does mega damage in sPvP and virtues are instant. But even that is barely viable.

Anet could theoretically buff FB dps burst.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Gotta agree with above.

>

> Really hoping the meta swings back toward power soon

It already is.. If you take out scourge and mirage what other condi builds are viable?! Also, why should not condi guardian (FB or otherwise) be competitive? The OP did not ask that FB should outperform and no one asked or wants that.