Idea on how to Upgrade Fashion wars.

STIHL.2489

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> As far as I understand it OPs idea is basically the same as any of the other suggestions made except it is based around 40 skin templates hardlocked to the zones and regions rather than 5 or 10 skin templates where a player can customize the triggers for auto swapping when zoning (Including whether they want any at all), allowing for way more customizability with less skin templates.

>

> What entails said skin template wasnt really questioned, I think?

>

> *Shrugs* Thats what I gather anyway.

>

>

You would be off the mark then.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > As far as I understand it OPs idea is basically the same as any of the other suggestions made except it is based around 40 skin templates hardlocked to the zones and regions rather than 5 or 10 skin templates where a player can customize the triggers for auto swapping when zoning (Including whether they want any at all), allowing for way more customizability with less skin templates.

> >

> > What entails said skin template wasnt really questioned, I think?

> >

> > *Shrugs* Thats what I gather anyway.

> >

> >

> You would be off the mark then.

Quite possibly, it's hard to understand all these explanations.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > As far as I understand it OPs idea is basically the same as any of the other suggestions made except it is based around 40 skin templates hardlocked to the zones and regions rather than 5 or 10 skin templates where a player can customize the triggers for auto swapping when zoning (Including whether they want any at all), allowing for way more customizability with less skin templates.

> > >

> > > What entails said skin template wasnt really questioned, I think?

> > >

> > > *Shrugs* Thats what I gather anyway.

> > >

> > >

> > You would be off the mark then.

>

> Quite possibly, it's hard to understand all these explanations.

I can respect that, as best I could figure out, Their Idea is the tired old "Turn armor into Outfits" with it's entire focus on the Characters Outfitted Appearance, and maybe, (it was hard to tell), they would have some convoluted complex cluster-kitten of a "trigger" system, that is totally arbitrary based on their, (as far as I could tell), mood.

My Idea is simply.

**Each Trigger has it's own Ensemble**

That keeps things neat, allows for near endless options for what a player wants to happen, Never needs to struggle with a limited number of choices and overlap. When they add in new triggers it comes with it's own assemble, to allow players to play with that single trigger.

Also my idea, is not just a skin. Its the **Entire Ensemble**.

I would like for you to look at this image again. See that each trigger allows you to change ALL these options for your character.

![](https://i.imgur.com/OFTXJjP.jpg "")

That's a lot more then just an "Fashion Slot" or a _Look_

and you can change as much or little as as you want.

Case in point. With my idea, lets say, the only thing you wanted to change when you entered say, Divinity's Reach, was you equipped a Mini Queen Jennah, as opposed to your Mr Sparkles Golem. My idea allows you to do that, and never feel like you wasted a precious and limited "fashion slot" to do so, Because Each Trigger has it's own Ensemble, you are free to do as little or as much as you want with each of them and never fear of running out of options.

Lets use another example. lets say, the only thing you wanted to change when you entered the Shiverpeaks was your Raptor mount to equip it's _spooky skin_ and be dyed Pinks and Purples. My idea offers that to you, and again, that Ensemble is linked to that Trigger so you are not using up valuable "fashion slots" to do such trivial, frivolous things.. that would just make the game more fun for you.

With my idea, you are free to do as little or as much as you want and it does not even need to affect your characters appearance if you don't want to.

Now, As best I can tell, their idea is vastly inferior to that, and limited in its focuses to nothing more then a characters outfitted appearance, and I get how people can be wrapped up in that, because that is what they maybe go in another game, but I truly can't imagine wanting to settle when something better is being offered.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> I can respect that, as best I could figure out, Their Idea is the tired old "Turn armor into Outfits" with it's entire focus on the Characters Outfitted Appearance, and maybe, (it was hard to tell), they would have some convoluted complex cluster-kitten of a "trigger" system, that is totally arbitrary based on their, (as far as I could tell), mood.

>

> My Idea is simply.

>

> **Each Trigger has it's own Ensemble**

>

The discussion of what triggers the costume changes was brought up because *any* trigger is arbitrary, whether it be by the use of a profession skill/mechanic to traveling from one zone to another. You can try to paint a specific trigger as "convoluted and complex" but ultimately how that is perceived will likely depend on who you're talking to. To some, having costume changes trigger by what attunement you're in or if you're in beastmode or not is a "cluster-kitten" and to others, a system that relies on moving to a specific map to automatically swap your cosmetics whether you may choose to or not at that particular moment is also a "cluster-kitten".

So if you can see one trigger system as convoluted, it's easily possibe someone else will see another trigger system as convoluted. So then do not rely on random, arbitrary, unsupported (again, region =/= environment) triggers at all, or at the very least, allow the player to choose their own triggers.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> Now, As best I can tell, their idea is vastly inferior to that, and limited in its focuses to nothing more then a characters outfitted appearance, and I get how people can be wrapped up in that, because that is what they maybe go in another game, but I truly can't imagine wanting to settle when something better is being offered.

And this is false. Never said a costume slot has to be limited as such, it would be entirely dependant on what the devs are willing to include. Again, a game like CoH had costume slots that allowed you to change your gender/body type as well (GW2's equivalent to a race change + sex change). I doubt Anet would ever allow a costume slot to ever encorporate the ability to change your character's sex and they will never allow it to affect race but it could affect things they are willing to link to the system, such as dyes, mounts and minis as I explain in this post:

>"And Desert Highlands has blazing deserts, wooded mountains, freezing mountains and branded ruins.

>My main criticism of the idea is the sheer lack of scope. The idea pretty much narrows down to 1 costume for when it's cold, 1 for when its hot, 1 for in the middle and that's really it. We don't have raincoat armor, or hazmat armor or beach party armor, or any other unique things that may warrant a system of auto-costume swapping so what is the point? Just give me the power to swap between 3-4 looks when I want without needing to swap gear/outfits and set dyes.

>**And costume templates could also include mount skins, minis and weapon skins.**

>Gear swapping is a whole other beast that should be tackled seperately. That feature would have its own variety of necessary notches to reach..."

That was way back on page 1, btw. If you failed to read that so are attempting to strawman my argument (which has little to do with the actual suggestion of costume templates and more to do with your arbitrary trigger system), you're doing a bad job of making a credible argument. And no, you weren't the 1st person to suggest a "cosmetics template" that includes most cosmetic options to swap within a quick-saved macro.

I'm sure you'd prefer I be "done" but you're such an easy target to prove wrong.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> The discussion of what triggers the costume changes was brought up because *any* trigger is arbitrary,

Your failure to understand how Anet divides up the **World Map** and **Games Modes** does not make such divisions arbitrary, it makes you ill informed.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> Never said a costume slot has to be limited as such, it would be entirely dependant on what the devs are willing to include. Again, a game like CoH had costume slots that allowed you to change your gender/body type as well (GW2's equivalent to a race change + sex change).

Your idea is still pitifully limited to just a characters personal appearance.. my idea is far superior to such paltry limitations.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

>"And Desert Highlands has blazing deserts, wooded mountains, freezing mountains and branded ruins.

>My main criticism of the idea is the sheer lack of scope. The idea pretty much narrows down to 1 costume for when it's cold, 1 for when its hot, 1 for in the middle and that's really it.

> That was way back on page 1, btw. If you failed to read that

I read this, remember.. I said first you fussed there were not enough options.. this is you doing that.

Then here is you fussing there too many options..

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> The amount of slots is a different issue. It will *NOT* happen (17 slots!? No. You'll be lucky to get 3 without purchase).

>

Some people are just not going to be happy, you strike me as that kind of person.

The good news, unlike your idea, my idea allows you to limit yourself as much as you like.

But like I said, I don't get why people want to settle, when something better is offered, and, I don't want to either. and all this is, is you trying to explain me to me why you want an inferior idea and concept.