You can now buy the Gift of Insights with real money.

psizone.8437

With the addition of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher to the black lion chest, you can now buy all of the currency required to make a Gift of Insights without taking part in map events.

Whilst this may be a godsend to some, I feel like it removes part of the journey of making a legendary weapon.

I don't care if it gets changed or not, but I sincerely hope this doesn't become a trend. The game needs to have things earn-able in game that cannot just be bought with enough real money.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> How does this affect your own game play?

That's not really a good arguement.

How do gold sellers affect your gameplay?

How do wintraders affect your gameplay?

How do bots affect your gameplay?

How do hackers affect your gameplay (as long as they are on a diferent map)?

Directly most of these things don't, but these are shourtcuts that invalidate the time spent by players doing a certain activity.

If Anet just keeps making it easier and easier for paying customers to pull ahead of those who chose to spend their time playing the game as intended and earning things that way, then these goals/achievements (and by extension, playtime) starts meaning less and at some point it's going to become hard to justify spending time chasing any goal. MMOs are about longtime investments, and if that investments start to feel meaningless then playtime shrinks and eventually people leave, which is already a problem.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > How does this affect your own game play?

>

> That's not really a good arguement.

>

> How do gold sellers affect your gameplay?

>

> How do wintraders affect your gameplay?

>

> How do bots affect your gameplay?

>

> How do hackers affect your gameplay (as long as they are on a diferent map)?

>

All these examples are irrelevant as you are using forbidden tools/practices in comparison to legit way of new currency voucher.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > How does this affect your own game play?

> >

> > That's not really a good arguement.

> >

> > How do gold sellers affect your gameplay?

> >

> > How do wintraders affect your gameplay?

> >

> > How do bots affect your gameplay?

> >

> > How do hackers affect your gameplay (as long as they are on a diferent map)?

> >

>

> All these examples are irrelevant as you are using forbidden tools/practices in comparison to legit way of new currency voucher.

So if Anet starts putting things into the gemstore like "instant Tyria world completion for 3k gems", "RNG precursor box for 2k gems", "random piece of raid loot for 500 gems", "achievement instant completion for 1k gems" then in your book that is completely fine because it's Anet who's doing it?

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > How does this affect your own game play?

> > >

> > > That's not really a good arguement.

> > >

> > > How do gold sellers affect your gameplay?

> > >

> > > How do wintraders affect your gameplay?

> > >

> > > How do bots affect your gameplay?

> > >

> > > How do hackers affect your gameplay (as long as they are on a diferent map)?

> > >

> >

> > All these examples are irrelevant as you are using forbidden tools/practices in comparison to legit way of new currency voucher.

>

> So if Anet starts putting things into the gemstore like "instant Tyria world completion for 3k gems", "RNG precursor box for 2k gems", "random piece of raid loot for 500 gems", "achievement instant completion for 1k gems" then in your book that is completely fine because it's Anet who's doing it?

They already started doing this, I'm waiting for more content skips for money.

And no, it doesn't affect me or you. Such things are expensive. Currency voucher is also RNG. Whales don't play much anyway and such items are targeted towards them. It won't affect you. Average Joe won't be paying thousands of gems for currencies.

One thing to remember is they sold items in guild wars 1 gamestore that were game progression related. For example in that game you can buy PvP progression, the [PvP item unlock](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/PvP_Item_Unlock_Pack). For PvE you can buy the [skill unlock](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Skill_Unlock_Pack) and the [Ranger pet unlock](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pet_Unlock_Pack), which meant you didn’t have to play the game to unlock the PvP items, the PvE skills or pets.

So this isn’t really anything new for this franchise. I don’t know if it bothered people back then as I never saw anyone comment on it in map chat.

[Guild Wars in game store](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_In-Game_Store)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > How does this affect your own game play?

> > > >

> > > > That's not really a good arguement.

> > > >

> > > > How do gold sellers affect your gameplay?

> > > >

> > > > How do wintraders affect your gameplay?

> > > >

> > > > How do bots affect your gameplay?

> > > >

> > > > How do hackers affect your gameplay (as long as they are on a diferent map)?

> > > >

> > >

> > > All these examples are irrelevant as you are using forbidden tools/practices in comparison to legit way of new currency voucher.

> >

> > So if Anet starts putting things into the gemstore like "instant Tyria world completion for 3k gems", "RNG precursor box for 2k gems", "random piece of raid loot for 500 gems", "achievement instant completion for 1k gems" then in your book that is completely fine because it's Anet who's doing it?

>

> They already started doing this, I'm waiting for more content skips for money.

That's the kind of mentality that can put us on a path to P2W.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > > How does this affect your own game play?

> > > > >

> > > > > That's not really a good arguement.

> > > > >

> > > > > How do gold sellers affect your gameplay?

> > > > >

> > > > > How do wintraders affect your gameplay?

> > > > >

> > > > > How do bots affect your gameplay?

> > > > >

> > > > > How do hackers affect your gameplay (as long as they are on a diferent map)?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > All these examples are irrelevant as you are using forbidden tools/practices in comparison to legit way of new currency voucher.

> > >

> > > So if Anet starts putting things into the gemstore like "instant Tyria world completion for 3k gems", "RNG precursor box for 2k gems", "random piece of raid loot for 500 gems", "achievement instant completion for 1k gems" then in your book that is completely fine because it's Anet who's doing it?

> >

> > They already started doing this, I'm waiting for more content skips for money.

>

> That's the kind of mentality that can put us on a path to P2W.

>

>

You can already buy gems and pay raiders to play content for you.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> You can already buy gems and pay raiders to play content for you.

This ( though you still have to be logged since sharing is forbidden ).

Also it's something which contribuite to create a market ( some wants to sell, and some others to buy ).

The main problem here is that both lion statues and this ticket are account bound and you need to bet in order to gain.

But now you can gain tickets to buy what you want.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> ...you know you can't buy the items needed for the gift of insights unless their respective mastery tracks are completed, right?

Do you mean to unlock the lvl 2 mastery in order to trade for them?

Not a big deal, and also it does not have anything to do with the tokens farm.

Hmm.. I don't know why people start crying about this all of the sudden. This "trend" that add map exclusive currency to the chest start even before PoF come out. You can get ls3 currency from garuntee bag of Blc when the chapter came out. No one cry about it though..(maybe because it's doesn't worth the key price...just like this voucher)

This one voucher doesn't even garuntee to be in every chest you open. I'm pretty sure people who have working brain won't buy keys just to farm this voucher. ( From what I read people got about 3 vouchers from 100 chests open.. in this droprate it won't be that game breaking.)

In HoT map currency OP talk about:

If you brought keys and got all that sweet currencies you still have to play all HoT map for map completion. Still have to play Dragon stand for Crystailine ore if you want to craft legy. You only skip some currency farm( which isn't hard to do nowaday ).

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > ...you know you can't buy the items needed for the gift of insights unless their respective mastery tracks are completed, right?

>

> Do you mean to unlock the lvl 2 mastery in order to trade for them?

> Not a big deal, and also it does not have anything to do with the tokens farm.

No, each track needs to be **maxed** before being able to buy the respective gift.

Gift of the Itzel - Adrenal Mushrooms

Gift of the Nuhoc - Nuhoc Alchemy

Gift of the Exalted - Exalted Gathering

Gift of Gliding - Ley Line Gliding

Good luck doing *that* without playing the maps...

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > ...you know you can't buy the items needed for the gift of insights unless their respective mastery tracks are completed, right?

> >

> > Do you mean to unlock the lvl 2 mastery in order to trade for them?

> > Not a big deal, and also it does not have anything to do with the tokens farm.

>

> No, each track needs to be **maxed** before being able to buy the respective gift.

> Gift of the Itzel - Adrenal Mushrooms

> Gift of the Nuhoc - Nuhoc Alchemy

> Gift of the Exalted - Exalted Gathering

> Gift of Gliding - Ley Line GlidingiGlidingi

>

> Good luck doing *that* without playing the maps...

If so you still need to be allowed by the vendor.

But if you are out of currencies because of converter or whatever, you could use the ticket as a boost.

Also, as somebody mentioned, ores from DS would still be needed, as for other materials neededd for fulgurite.

It's not a "best deal", but even so it can comes handy.

ie: i unlocked everything but i can't stand AB, so i would probably trade the gift for some aurillium ( whatever the use, converter or leggies ).

I think the OP bringing this topic up is a _good_to_know_ type of thing. Is it P2W? Nahhh... I'm not seeing it as such based on all the comments above mine. I think, at best (for most people), these vouchers will supplement some map currency that you may be a little short on; it's not going to change people's playing habits.

**Average Joe/Jo Toon:** "#@!$, I'm 287 currency short of getting my item from the vendor! :angry:

Wait a minute... Oh yeah...I got one of those voucher-thingies a month ago! SWEEEEET! :+1:"