Will there be an incentive to play WvW before the release of Guild Wars 3?!

Nuka Cola.8520

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

>

> That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

Interesting point of view. I guess some people just can't take anyone enjoying parts of the game which have not been getting content updates. Don't get me from, I am all for big updates, overhauls or anything else to make it even more lively and enjoyable myself but I sure as hell will not feel bad about liking it the way it is even after more than five years of it. I will continue to enjoy my large scale PvP for as long as it exists just like I will enjoy my roaming and sieging/defending.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > Other than updating the engine? Yeah thats sort of **why you make games**.

> > >

> > > Or are you saying that since we had The Witcher, we didnt need The Witcher 2 or 3 sequels? They are all rpgs!

> > > Since we had Starcraft, it was meaningless to create Starcraft 2? Its still the same rts!

> > > Half-Life 2 was just like Half-Life, Valve could have just stopped right there. Didnt need a sequel.

> > > Dont even get me started on Grand Theft Auto. The first game was *fine*. Why create 5 freaking copies? We didnt need them.

> > >

> >

> > You're going to use single player games as your examples? ok then.

>

> What's so special or different about an online game? EA, 2k and Activision all pump out a new iteration of their titles yearly.

>

> Personally I'd really like to see the other 7 cores of my CPU not sitting idle while the game chugs along at 20 fps in a zerg fight.

Sadly can't do that to any extreme -- or you lose a massive chunk of the market that can't afford higher priced machines.

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

>

> That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

People have been predicting the end of WvW since about year one. I swear it's now become a Monty Python meme here.

> @"devious.4605" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Ok.. Define "Incentive"

> >

> > Because right now WvW offers.

> > * Loot (just you know.. stuff like money)

> > * Reward Tracks

> > * Legendary back Item

> > * Legendary Armor

> > * Custom Weapon Skins

> > * Custom Armor Skins

> > * It's own unique "mastery" system that you don't need to hunt down points for.

> > * Exp

> > * WvW Exp

> > * Challenge

> > * Rage inducing balance Issues.

> >

> > Really.. what more do you want. If you like WvW, the rewards are not bad at all.. if you don't like WvW, there should be nothing added that makes you want to suffer thorough it.

> Shill much?

> Most WvW players don't have any interest in loot!

>

Ok.. so Ill ask again.

"Define Incentive" what **exactly** do you expect Anet to put in as an Incentive?

> @"SugarCayne.3098" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > Other than updating the engine? Yeah thats sort of **why you make games**.

> > > >

> > > > Or are you saying that since we had The Witcher, we didnt need The Witcher 2 or 3 sequels? They are all rpgs!

> > > > Since we had Starcraft, it was meaningless to create Starcraft 2? Its still the same rts!

> > > > Half-Life 2 was just like Half-Life, Valve could have just stopped right there. Didnt need a sequel.

> > > > Dont even get me started on Grand Theft Auto. The first game was *fine*. Why create 5 freaking copies? We didnt need them.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're going to use single player games as your examples? ok then.

> >

> > What's so special or different about an online game? EA, 2k and Activision all pump out a new iteration of their titles yearly.

> >

> > Personally I'd really like to see the other 7 cores of my CPU not sitting idle while the game chugs along at 20 fps in a zerg fight.

>

> Sadly can't do that to any extreme -- or you lose a massive chunk of the market that can't afford higher priced machines.

>

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

> >

> > That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

>

> People have been predicting the end of WvW since about year one. I swear it's now become a Monty Python meme here.

If i may comment; and those same people predicted that Esport would fail; every writing on the wall that toxic environment is the death of any any competitive environment, predicted that wvw would fail-obviously no brainer here, and that pvp would fail who would miss this really?

**This is really not a case of 'look we told you so', it is a case about warning Anet of the consequences of the choices they've made and are continuing making for the direction of the game; refusing to learn from them and applying them**

' **Your Teachers Are Those Who Tell You When You Are Wrong And Offer Advice To Help You Get It Right** '

There are already **plenty incentives** what the game mod lacks is balance and proper fixes to the system. Not more **incentives**

You already have a legendary back, whole gear sets, including "legendary" armor. Reward tracks, mandatory play time if you want legendary weapons.

What is lacking is an incentive **not to bandwagon**, not to play it like "I Zombie Horde", to hold objectives, not just trade them around like a big match of conquest spvp.

Those are the incentives that WvW lacks.

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > Other than updating the engine? Yeah thats sort of **why you make games**.

> > > >

> > > > Or are you saying that since we had The Witcher, we didnt need The Witcher 2 or 3 sequels? They are all rpgs!

> > > > Since we had Starcraft, it was meaningless to create Starcraft 2? Its still the same rts!

> > > > Half-Life 2 was just like Half-Life, Valve could have just stopped right there. Didnt need a sequel.

> > > > Dont even get me started on Grand Theft Auto. The first game was *fine*. Why create 5 freaking copies? We didnt need them.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're going to use single player games as your examples? ok then.

> >

> > What's so special or different about an online game? EA, 2k and Activision all pump out a new iteration of their titles yearly.

> >

> > Personally I'd really like to see the other 7 cores of my CPU not sitting idle while the game chugs along at 20 fps in a zerg fight.

>

> Sadly can't do that to any extreme -- or you lose a massive chunk of the market that can't afford higher priced machines.

>

> > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

> >

> > That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

>

> People have been predicting the end of WvW since about year one. I swear it's now become a Monty Python meme here.

I have never seen the wvw as empty as it currently is.

> > @"SugarCayne.3098" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > Other than updating the engine? Yeah thats sort of **why you make games**.

> > > > >

> > > > > Or are you saying that since we had The Witcher, we didnt need The Witcher 2 or 3 sequels? They are all rpgs!

> > > > > Since we had Starcraft, it was meaningless to create Starcraft 2? Its still the same rts!

> > > > > Half-Life 2 was just like Half-Life, Valve could have just stopped right there. Didnt need a sequel.

> > > > > Dont even get me started on Grand Theft Auto. The first game was *fine*. Why create 5 freaking copies? We didnt need them.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're going to use single player games as your examples? ok then.

> > >

> > > What's so special or different about an online game? EA, 2k and Activision all pump out a new iteration of their titles yearly.

> > >

> > > Personally I'd really like to see the other 7 cores of my CPU not sitting idle while the game chugs along at 20 fps in a zerg fight.

> >

> > Sadly can't do that to any extreme -- or you lose a massive chunk of the market that can't afford higher priced machines.

> >

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

> > >

> > > That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

> >

> > People have been predicting the end of WvW since about year one. I swear it's now become a Monty Python meme here.

>

> I have never seen the wvw as empty as it currently is.

Because the main issue with it has been snowballing for 5 years. That is Bandwagoning.

In EU it's more diluted since the sever people would bandwagon to was SFR, but there was a falling out with the WvW guilds, and they dispersed, which made the subsequent times slightly more competitive.

But that's just one issue. They actually went ahead and removed the last shred of world incentives (the gathering, magic and gold find bonuses for the worlds), they never promoted guild identity. And the whole game mod has had performance and technical issues from the start (like being easier to shoot someone on a wall than a person on a wall shooting down on someone, which is so counter-intuitive and ridiculous it still irks me every time i have to defend something). It's so fun to see your arrow carts get demolished by enemy elementalists and the like, even when you build them so that they're essentially floating in mid-air.

Also nothing was ever done to discourage the "zombie horde" mentality. There's little else more funny to see a comm drive a whole zerg of people off a cliff, and they follow him like goddamn lemmings.

The you have spies triggering tactivators, and all the bullcrap that this kind of game mode entitles.

Why not just ask for lvl 100-500 for a person to use a tactivator?

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > I'm not sure how many are assigned to WvW for balance, bug fixing, ideas, etc

> I'm going to hazard a guess that it's between -1 and 1.

>

For 2018, their goal is to attain a magnificent number of 2 devs. This is the year we've been waiting for.

> @"Trinnitty.8256" said:

> We could use some new match ups. Like 2 way and 4 way fights all on new maps designed for 4 servers and 2 servers and rotate it every 2 weeks - month. that might freshin up things. Instead of the old 3 way fight where one server is the third wheel.

would certainly like seeing that.

This post expects too much, first that there will be a GW3 and second that wvw will be included in GW3.

Considering the 5 year run we've had from Gw2 wvw, it's safe to say neither the players nor the developers hands are clean when it comes down to "what went wrong". But, the smart money could bet that the player base is probably more at fault here and that a good majority of those players who've come to expect certain things out of their GW2 wvw experience would migrate to the hypothetical GW3 wvw, which means it'd be doomed from the start.

> > @"SugarCayne.3098" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > Other than updating the engine? Yeah thats sort of **why you make games**.

> > > > >

> > > > > Or are you saying that since we had The Witcher, we didnt need The Witcher 2 or 3 sequels? They are all rpgs!

> > > > > Since we had Starcraft, it was meaningless to create Starcraft 2? Its still the same rts!

> > > > > Half-Life 2 was just like Half-Life, Valve could have just stopped right there. Didnt need a sequel.

> > > > > Dont even get me started on Grand Theft Auto. The first game was *fine*. Why create 5 freaking copies? We didnt need them.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're going to use single player games as your examples? ok then.

> > >

> > > What's so special or different about an online game? EA, 2k and Activision all pump out a new iteration of their titles yearly.

> > >

> > > Personally I'd really like to see the other 7 cores of my CPU not sitting idle while the game chugs along at 20 fps in a zerg fight.

> >

> > Sadly can't do that to any extreme -- or you lose a massive chunk of the market that can't afford higher priced machines.

> >

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

> > >

> > > That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

> >

> > People have been predicting the end of WvW since about year one. I swear it's now become a Monty Python meme here.

>

> I have never seen the wvw as empty as it currently is.

> > > @"SugarCayne.3098" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > Other than updating the engine? Yeah thats sort of **why you make games**.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or are you saying that since we had The Witcher, we didnt need The Witcher 2 or 3 sequels? They are all rpgs!

> > > > > > Since we had Starcraft, it was meaningless to create Starcraft 2? Its still the same rts!

> > > > > > Half-Life 2 was just like Half-Life, Valve could have just stopped right there. Didnt need a sequel.

> > > > > > Dont even get me started on Grand Theft Auto. The first game was *fine*. Why create 5 freaking copies? We didnt need them.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You're going to use single player games as your examples? ok then.

> > > >

> > > > What's so special or different about an online game? EA, 2k and Activision all pump out a new iteration of their titles yearly.

> > > >

> > > > Personally I'd really like to see the other 7 cores of my CPU not sitting idle while the game chugs along at 20 fps in a zerg fight.

> > >

> > > Sadly can't do that to any extreme -- or you lose a massive chunk of the market that can't afford higher priced machines.

> > >

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > > > I still play it because I still enjoy it. Enjoy group content, large scale PvP, the people I play with. Don't really need any other incentive for it. Nobody really knows if there ever will be any kind of focus on WvW. Move on if you no longer enjoy it.

> > > >

> > > > That's the spirit. No wonder the population has dropped this much. With this kind of attitude, in a year or two you will be alone in your server. Then we will see how you enjoy your **large scale pvp**

> > >

> > > People have been predicting the end of WvW since about year one. I swear it's now become a Monty Python meme here.

> >

> > I have never seen the wvw as empty as it currently is.

>

>

> @"rrusse.7058" said:

> Saying that WvW needs more incentive to bring in more players is not so simple. It's currently being discussed in other threads that WvW lacks a unified voice so it makes meeting the WvW community requests and needs difficult.

>

> roamers want good small skirmishes.

> zerg fighters want large battles.

> some servers want to play more defensive games.

> some servers want to just fight and get kills.

> some servers want to win and some just want to be somewhere in the middle, purposefully tanking their scores mid-week to keep rank.

>

> My point is that it is not enough to say "We need incentive to play WvW!", and it is not enough to say "Well we already have all of these rewards, stop whining!" because we are not all looking for the same thing.

This is why we need to stop forcing "rotations" and the vain attempt to balance populations. What we need is to open all the worlds and let the tiers become specialized for large, med, and sm sized combat. Where we go back to tiers of a PPT tier, a Fight tier, and a Wilderness tier. For over a year now the developers are the problem by going against the organic play style of WvW'ers. Carrots and shinnies can only pacify for so long.

Pretty sure GW3 isn't even in the planning at this point...may never be.

I have no problem with them opening every server permanently, as long as they reduce the map cap to 50 each.

That way, when everyone blobs to the servers they want to blob to, they can just sit in que for 8 hours and talk in discord.

> @"Forty Keks.9620" said:

> there will be no gw3. they literally do not care about pvp in any way shape or form. the latest "patch" focused almost everything on the gem store. as long as gemwars 2 is making them money, they really have no reason to make a gw3

The question is, will people endlessly throw money at a gem store-only product? Judging by some of the Livestreamers and the popularity of, "Reaction to Opening an Envelope" videos, I think they might, you know?

What incentive is there to play world vs world when your continually out numbered. trolled off the maps by a first placed side only interested in running a circle in one sides territory. Always been the problem with this game. Weeks when trying to compete in the round, is a complete waste of time.

Would have thought Anet might have tried doing something about this by now (its been 3.5 years since last playing world vs world on a regular basis).