which spec for mesmer?

Sivannie.2670

hello. I am asking for help from experienced players with mesmer. I am a solo player that likes open world, fractals and going for old dungeons alone. I like power builds , not condi. I really want to play mesmer and I wanted to ask with spec would be better for my play style.

Thank you for your help.

Should check out some of my power Mesmer core videos. I have had such a fun run with Power, but I'm switching over to Mirage for awhile.

That's the build I've been using with variations in weapons and skills depending on the situation.

https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/power-mesmer-quick-guide/

This is the footage I took with Power core Mesmer: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21167/power-mesmer-fractal-footage#latest

I'm fairly certain Core Mesmer has the highest benchmark for PMez atm. Which is 30.3k. I got the occasional grief from players that just expect Mesmers to play chronomancer since it has such strong team support. Funny part is 9/10 I was doing some of the highest DPS. It's really easy to learn and the DPS mark isn't at all hard to reach. Aside from being squishy this build has a few drawbacks, but from what it sounds like you're familiar with content since you like to solo dungeons. I hope you enjoy Pmez as much as I do! Check out my videos and let me know what you think. I'd love to talk/help out with build ideas/variations. Power has always been my preferred play-style. Unfortunately, power is not as strong as it once used to be and as of now this build can be out shined by top-notch power DPS specs like Weaver and Dragonhunter. IMO this is due to a lack of Damage modifying traits that benefit the Power Mesmer 100% of the time. Unlike those other classes who have like 3-4 traits that modify their power builds; the Mesmer has very few and some of the ones they do have rely either on their illusions or their foe being CC'd. One quick positive is that the mesmer's burst is on a very low cooldown and is actually sometimes more efficient than an ELE and/or Guard when clearing lower-tier mobs. Especially if you play fast-paced.

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> Should check out some of my power Mesmer core videos. I have had such a fun run with Power, but I'm switching over to Mirage for awhile.

> That's the build I've been using with variations in weapons and skills depending on the situation.

> https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/power-mesmer-quick-guide/

>

> This is the footage I took with Power core Mesmer: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21167/power-mesmer-fractal-footage#latest

>

> I'm fairly certain Core Mesmer has the highest benchmark for PMez atm. Which is 30.3k. I got the occasional grief from players that just expect Mesmers to play chronomancer since it has such strong team support. Funny part is 9/10 I was doing some of the highest DPS. It's really easy to learn and the DPS mark isn't at all hard to reach. Aside from being squishy this build has a few drawbacks, but from what it sounds like you're familiar with content since you like to solo dungeons. I hope you enjoy Pmez as much as I do! Check out my videos and let me know what you think. I'd love to talk/help out with build ideas/variations. Power has always been my preferred play-style. Unfortunately, power is not as strong as it once used to be and as of now this build can be out shined by top-notch power DPS specs like Weaver and Dragonhunter. IMO this is due to a lack of Damage modifying traits that benefit the Power Mesmer 100% of the time. Unlike those other classes who have like 3-4 traits that modify their power builds; the Mesmer has very few and some of the ones they do have rely either on their illusions or their foe being CC'd. One quick positive is that the mesmer's burst is on a very low cooldown and is actually sometimes more efficient than an ELE and/or Guard when clearing lower-tier mobs. Especially if you play fast-paced.

Some of the largest problems with base power mesmer isn't necessarily the dps, but that it is single target and requires ramp up time.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > Should check out some of my power Mesmer core videos. I have had such a fun run with Power, but I'm switching over to Mirage for awhile.

> > That's the build I've been using with variations in weapons and skills depending on the situation.

> > https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/power-mesmer-quick-guide/

> >

> > This is the footage I took with Power core Mesmer: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21167/power-mesmer-fractal-footage#latest

> >

> > I'm fairly certain Core Mesmer has the highest benchmark for PMez atm. Which is 30.3k. I got the occasional grief from players that just expect Mesmers to play chronomancer since it has such strong team support. Funny part is 9/10 I was doing some of the highest DPS. It's really easy to learn and the DPS mark isn't at all hard to reach. Aside from being squishy this build has a few drawbacks, but from what it sounds like you're familiar with content since you like to solo dungeons. I hope you enjoy Pmez as much as I do! Check out my videos and let me know what you think. I'd love to talk/help out with build ideas/variations. Power has always been my preferred play-style. Unfortunately, power is not as strong as it once used to be and as of now this build can be out shined by top-notch power DPS specs like Weaver and Dragonhunter. IMO this is due to a lack of Damage modifying traits that benefit the Power Mesmer 100% of the time. Unlike those other classes who have like 3-4 traits that modify their power builds; the Mesmer has very few and some of the ones they do have rely either on their illusions or their foe being CC'd. One quick positive is that the mesmer's burst is on a very low cooldown and is actually sometimes more efficient than an ELE and/or Guard when clearing lower-tier mobs. Especially if you play fast-paced.

>

> Some of the largest problems with base power mesmer isn't necessarily the dps, but that it is single target and requires ramp up time.

eeeeeh. Those are also valid reasons. But the DPS isn't very high compared to other power builds. There is no getting around it, really.