Should the people who afk in rank matches...........

corey.6451

This isnt a 1/2 bad idea...with some tweeking it can work....like the vote only pops up if the player is inactive or staying in spawn for longer then 1 minute? Or maybe 2 mins? Idk the devs can think of an appropriate time frame. But the over all idea would be nice. Kick the inactives. Cant be that hard to write a script for it.

Edited for spelling

They already do get kicked for inactivity. And if they are the rest of the team won't lose rank if they lose the match. Player who gets kicked also gets dishonour. I don't think they should make it much harsher than that, remember there is always the chance they had a genuine reason for leaving.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> Absolutely not. This would be used to vote players that some particular person didn't like out of a given rank, (or off the leaderboard.) I don't think ANET would permit an exploit that large.. at least I hope not.

Thats why I'd not want players to be able to vote on a punishment. I think in this case he was suggesting that they only get the chance to vote if the person has actually been kicked fr being AFK, so couldn't vote any random player they took a disliking to, but still. They already get kicked for inactivity, gain dishonour, team doesn't lose rank, player who was kicked does. Dishonour stacks so if you keep doing it you get a longer timeout. So it isn't like they are going unpunished.

Maybe if it was linked to dishonour, somebody with more stacks of dishonour losing more rating than somebody with less when it is counted as a match abandoned. I'd never want a player voted system for punishment though, in this case regardless of the reason for leaving your punishment being doubled relies heavily on whether your team was in a good mood or just who they are. I imagine some players would vote every time the option presented itself. A player has gone AFK, they vote to have the punishment doubled.

I haven't seen anyone getting kicked for being "AFK". All AFKers I've seen just dance at the base or they move around enough to not get kicked it seems.

Even tho i voted yes, I don't think this voting thing is the right solution but something needs to be done to srop this behavior.

It's really not fun to loose your rank points just because someone in your team decides to be idle, no matter if they do it for funs or because they are bitter for not having more points than the enemy or if they suddenly had to go pee.

How does the idle player report system work today? Cant it prove that a person went idle during the match, even if it was during the last few minutes?

I don't want to play with people who give up everytime they think they gonna loose.

This game has such balance that going afk is completely justified at certain times. The afk problem will significantly decrease if balance and matchmaking problems get better solutions. Most people go afk when they see a blow-out coming, they’re ain't much people who go 100% afk for easy rewards, that statement is nonsense.

I agree that ppl who afk shoul be banned but :

-at 300-0, 99% of they players stop playing. Is that an afk?(not for us, for a bot)

-1 min is to short i think

-my opignon is that if a person is reported X time in a certain period for the same reason BY some ppl who were in his game when they were in it(to intend abuse) he shoukd get disonnord for few days/a week