2v2's are coming

eagles.6380

For this game mode, a few considerations:

* Duo queue or should it be solo queue only?

* Will certain amulets be disallowed?

* Depending on mode popularity, should opposing parties be invisible before start and communications between them be muted? (you think win trade is bad now)

With how GW2 is balanced, and considering the mechanics of the game, I foresee a lot of egos being bruised after the best meta is discovered. Players will not be able to so easily pass off a loss as 3 man pug trash, especially if they could duo q with a player they considered to be highly skilled.

If the best players are truly the best players, then it would seem if they have good chemistry the best 2 players will consistently hold the top spot.

Perhaps the best players have quit, and will come back to prove they are the best. Perhaps the true best players will rise in this mode.

I see only three possibilities:

* The best players are the best and the top spots will be held consistently by those 2 players as long as they are active players

* The "best players" are not truly the best because 100-1000 active and non -active are relatively equal skill and it will come down to focus and ping.

* The game mode will also become a place to win-trade and the best will have paid the most gold.

I won't be playing it. I know where I stand, but I will spectate if they have that as an option lol

> @"eagles.6380" said:

> So we all know 2v2 swiss style tourni's are coming.. hopefully they prove popular and will become a regular thing.

> Aside from fb+scourge, what other comps could work?

Ooo, in Quaggan opinion, mostly likely any heavy hitting power build + Firebrand, thats because Firebrand himself is weak against power damage and you just have to avoid might generation, so Scrouge won't have free perma weakness on boon corruption.

*Guardian* + *Scourge*

For the record, it won't be Mender or Magi guard that will be meta.

>@"dragonkain.3984" said:

> Predicting the most broken 2v2 combo that will overshadow all others : Druid + Mirage, both condi.

>

> You can quote me on this in future.

Mirage Condi is already quite OP 1v1 but... Codi Druid??

Condi Druid is so under powered, a paper clip and rubber band will counter it :/ Condi Rev performs more than Condi Druid and that's saying something..

> @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> > @"LaFurion.3167" said:

> > Where can u find more info on this? I love arenas.

> >

> > Or just explain here how I play this mode

>

> How you play? It's just few simple steps:

>

> 1.You make condi scourge/bunker firebrand

> 2. You go duo-q in with other scourge/firebrand

> 3. You win against everything that it's not scourge/firebrand casue there is nothing that can kill scourge/firebrand duo

> 4. You spend few hours fighting one scourge/firebrand duo

>

> Did I missed something?

>

ever thought about moa?