Do people play Necromancer because they have a low end pc / bad connection?

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Short answer, yes. My PC is fine, I get close to 100 fps regularly. But I recently moved more rural so I only have satellite internet out here. So my ping is regularly ~500. My power builds are very hard to play any more, and for condi necro is my favorite anyway so I switched to my main to necro because of poor internet.

> @"Aegis Fang.5394" said:

> Naw they play a necro because in any other game they are actually balanced and are competitive. Here in GW2 they are like any other class: poorly thought out and never balanced.

>

> The brain donors at ArenaNet cannot and will not balance this game. They will keep reintroducing new METAS and keep players chasing a carrot to be competitive rather than just making the game fun for all and for a while.

>

> Instead Arena Net feels that changing METAS brutally every few months somehow helps them balance their in game economy by causing HUGE money sinks that players have to heavily invest in the game with time and money to adjust and keep up with.

>

>

> Wouldn't it just be nice to log into the game and find your necro, or engi or guardian, for example, was competitive? For months an months maybe even most of the time? well you won't find that here. Arena Net is incompetent to the extreme and cannot balance this game.

>

>

> Try Dark Age of Camelot seriously, best skill based pvp game ever.

God, Dark Age of Camelot. Best PvP competitive MOM ever. I loved it. Alas, it's an old game, I bet no current millenial today heard of it. There my friend, 30 classes all balanced

I main necro because my commander told me to xD But other than that, I pretty much fell in love with the class had some good power/condi builds for WvW. Back in late 2015, I created a healing necro build which I am now using on my Scourge. People scoffed at my healing build saying that it's not "meta" and will never be. Luckily for me I had around 2 years of support necro experience before it became meta in the new xpac lol The most healing I've ever done was around 21k-23k hps on my scourge in WvW. I don't know how much hps eles or druids can put out but I think 23k hps is a lot. Bear in mind that that mega healing isn't continuous but it's mainly when I have to rez a handful of downed allies at once. The best times I had with my build is in PvE. I have had a lot of people thank me for teleporting them out of danger and getting them back up. I also forced someone to alt f4 because I wouldn't let him die in an executioner bandit fight xD But anywho, those are some of my reasons why I like playing this class.

> @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > With the recent update adding a 0.5s cast delay I don't think it matters if you slap another 200-300ms on top of it. It feels like having a super high ping anyways now.

>

> How little you know about playing with 300ms ping....

technically a 0.5s delay is a 500ms delay.

> @"Kagusaki.3176" said:

> I main necro because my commander told me to xD But other than that, I pretty much fell in love with the class had some good power/condi builds for WvW. Back in late 2015, I created a healing necro build which I am now using on my Scourge. People scoffed at my healing build saying that it's not "meta" and will never be. Luckily for me I had around 2 years of support necro experience before it became meta in the new xpac lol The most healing I've ever done was around 21k-23k hps on my scourge in WvW. I don't know how much hps eles or druids can put out but I think 23k hps is a lot. Bear in mind that that mega healing isn't continuous but it's mainly when I have to rez a handful of downed allies at once. The best times I had with my build is in PvE. I have had a lot of people thank me for teleporting them out of danger and getting them back up. I also forced someone to alt f4 because I wouldn't let him die in an executioner bandit fight xD But anywho, those are some of my reasons why I like playing this class.

Druid's and ele can do that on 5 targets every few seconds. There really is little comparison. Even minstrel firebrand massively out heals necro.