Why no test server?

Rufo.3716

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > But considering that they do test stuff, this renders having a test server unnecessary.

> > >

> > > Thats really debatable with all the dreadful balance changes, bugs and issues that they always add. They likely "test" it with a 5minute run around an empty map - say they didnt 1 shot anyone and call it a day.

> >

> > Just because you don’t like a change, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t tested. Anet has their own goals on how they want classes to specifically perform.

>

> Just because you think they test enough does not mean they do. I work for a much larger corporation with a lot more at stake than this company and even this place doesn't always test the way they should. They act like they do but then a system will go live and tank hard for 2 weeks while they sort out what they could have if they had done larger pilots of the changes.

>

> I would not let players test my game. I would pay professionals to test it with specific sets of criteria and simulate at the very least and as close as possible my production environment. Maybe they do but they are also not very transparent about anything really.

This isn’t about bug testing but testing balance changes before they go live. Read the OP.