Mapbound Wallet view

Galowin.6089

So, love the keyring. took me a while to figure out what to do with all those shared inventory slots. Only thing I find kinda fidgety is to see the amount of keys you've got left whilst playing.

For instance, in VB, i look at my amount of crowbars once probably every 5-10 minutes. To see if its worth to open that airship cargo, or if i'd better just open the large one up ahead and maybe come back later after some events if i left some regular cargo's.

Basicly, what i wonder,

is it possible to put the amount of keys you have left for a map next to the amount of map currency? Seems to me like there is still an aweful lot of space there to put another icon and a number. .. also just realized i'm prob not the first one to ask this but oh well, allready typed all of the above :D

ANet actually agrees, except... it turns out not to be as simple as it looks. It turns out the code is setup in a way that makes it tricky to show more than two currencies total. One is "hard coded" as permanent and is used (obviously) for gold; the other can be triggered, normally by swapping maps.

If I understood the dev comments, it basically goes back to the time before launch when ANet thought that there would only be two "currencies" in the wallet:

* Gold, which was then saved on each character (and could be transferred via the bank) **and**

* Karma, which was earned per character and could not be transferred

Every other "currency" was a physical token, which you needed to store in your bank. Primarily these were the dungeon currencies.

Thus the interface was developed when it was safe to assume that there'd be no use for the bottom bar of the inventory window, other than to show those two currencies, soul-accrued gold and soul-bound karma.

tl;dr everyone wants an easier way to see local keys and sometimes 2-3 currencies besides gold; ANet doesn't have an easy way to deliver it.

• 2 months later...