6 Years of GW2 - Where do we go from here?

Arnox.5128

> @"TamX.1870" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > Keep in mind that wishes for changes are personal opinion/taste/need, not necessarily valid for everybody.

>

> Definitely yes!

>

> > - TamX.1870 is saying: "Account wide hero points: It is tedious to grind all those hero points once again on every toon". Personally, again here, I do not agree on that. HPs are part of the game in many different ways (leveling up of toons thx to XPs, world completion, points for elite and so on...), part of the main activities. Beside, I find good that each toon has some work to do to grow strong and reach elites. To my eyes, it cannot "fall from the sky" to become a hero. It needs work.

>

> Yeah, I understand, but you certainly also understand that at some point it is becoming tedious to run all over the world once again after those points. Luckily gliding & mounts are account-wide, so your new toon is better equip'd for that. That's why I wouldn't mind them to be account-wide like mastery insights. You will anyways have lots of other things to do with your new toon, like gearing up, so growing up to a hero still wouldn't drop from sky automatically.

>

Well, I understand that others can find it tedious, but me I don't. I see it differently. And to avoid that you maybe believe I do not see the point of it, I would like to explain that I am a veteran player with about 18 chars and regularly creating/deleting. So all in all, I have probably leveled up already about 30 chars if not more, that including having done world completion 17 times, out of which 3 at times WvW worlds were part of it. So I know exactly what you mean with repeating! :)

For me, hero points are simply one of the game basic mechanics. It is true that it does cost time and efforts, but well, that's exactly the point of gaming to my eyes. To level up and get a better equipment needs work, same for each and all toons.

I respect that others would like to cut straight through, but I have difficulty to understand it. For me, to level up and fight to get drops and earn money to afford a better equipment is exactly what for I come into the game and I get fun at it. Sorry if I do not achieve to explain how I see it, but fact is that even if I understand your wish (partially), I do not agree on it.

Now a side note, there are several options to:

- Cut short through leveling up: XP Scrolls, Tomes of knowledge, Level 80 boosters.

- Not do the HPs: Purchasing them with WvW Testimony of Heroics (still requires the effort to do WvW to earn them).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> The way to keep players continue playing is to make content that encourage growth of guilds or help to increase circle of thier online friends in less possible pressure and enjoyable. Reward players that spend a lot of time playing.. don't nerf or force change.. existng players group generally don't like to be forced to adapt new changes .. .. they will quit unless changes are to promote growth of population without affecting existing community group.

They tried, I have to give them that, with guild halls, and guild "events" like Treks, Challenges, and the like.. they tried.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > The way to keep players continue playing is to make content that encourage growth of guilds or help to increase circle of thier online friends in less possible pressure and enjoyable. Reward players that spend a lot of time playing.. don't nerf or force change.. existng players group generally don't like to be forced to adapt new changes .. .. they will quit unless changes are to promote growth of population without affecting existing community group.

>

> They tried, I have to give them that, with guild halls, and guild "events" like Treks, Challenges, and the like.. they tried.

We are still running guild mission but number of ppl turn up has reduced so much tht we used to hv 30ppl coming to GM now we hardly hv 10.

What about update npc to provide new reward purchase with guild commendations or introduce new currency.. there were no update at all for two years. So. No. They didn't try. They just don't hv the resources.

> @"Granrey.8920" said:

> For instance, when a player is doing "certain" personal story quest, dungeon, intance, etc. why no add interesting rewards to high level characters to join in?

In another game, I suggested something similar. In that game, you get so called challenge chest (in addition to normal chest) when completing the instance challenge. I suggested that if the group has people who complete the challenge achievement (first challenge completition), the instance would reward the group with third chest ("mentor chest"). This was my suggestion to increase the willingness of experienced players to take new people to challenge runs to instances and raids, to teach and help them to get it done, and get something for all their efforts.

The situation might be bit different in GW2, but I would still vote a mechanism that reward experienced players sharing their knowledge. I generally vote everything that encourages experienced and newbie players to work together and rewards that, and everything that eases the relations between these two groups.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

>

> >

> > you really kill me trying to compare BLIZZARD to Guild wars 2 :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

> > the way it stands BLIZZARD OUT RUNS Guild Wars 2 IN TO THE GROUND !! and spits on it !!

> >

>

> heh sub based mmos tent to do that versus p2p ones

>

>

GW2 would never survive first year on the market if we had to pay sub fee

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> >

> > >

> > > you really kill me trying to compare BLIZZARD to Guild wars 2 :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

> > > the way it stands BLIZZARD OUT RUNS Guild Wars 2 IN TO THE GROUND !! and spits on it !!

> > >

> >

> > heh sub based mmos tent to do that versus p2p ones

> >

> >

>

> GW2 would never survive first year on the market if we had to pay sub fee

given the other mmos that do have a sub lets say for the sake discussion's that even if anet went to sub at a better price for a year or 6 months even at a time. lets say they make it $50.00 for the whole year even .

that price would still beat many other mmos with subs they still make money from it!! plus what they do get from the gem store . now i will say at the sub price for $50.00 a year

every one gets content updates and dlc plus 100 gems a month and the game is brought up to todays coding standards . with hard ware support then i could even see it myself . any thing more than that. then i really have to think it over and see improvements in the game engine and hard ware before i could say one way or the other i am for it or not

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > you really kill me trying to compare BLIZZARD to Guild wars 2 :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

> > > > the way it stands BLIZZARD OUT RUNS Guild Wars 2 IN TO THE GROUND !! and spits on it !!

> > > >

> > >

> > > heh sub based mmos tent to do that versus p2p ones

> > >

> > >

> >

> > GW2 would never survive first year on the market if we had to pay sub fee

>

> given the other mmos that do have a sub lets say for the sake discussion's that even if anet went to sub at a better price for a year or 6 months even at a time. lets say they make it $50.00 for the whole year even .

>

> that price would still beat many other mmos with subs they still make money from it!! plus what they do get from the gem store . now i will say at the sub price for $50.00 a year

>

> every one gets content updates and dlc plus 100 gems a month and the game is brought up to todays coding standards . with hard ware support then i could even see it myself . any thing more than that. then i really have to think it over and see improvements in the game engine and hard ware before i could say one way or the other i am for it or not

Sounds like MMO wonderland. I wonder why mmos are running away from sub system. Most likely it doesn't work. But hey, you say it works so who am I to judge you.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > you really kill me trying to compare BLIZZARD to Guild wars 2 :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

> > > > > the way it stands BLIZZARD OUT RUNS Guild Wars 2 IN TO THE GROUND !! and spits on it !!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > heh sub based mmos tent to do that versus p2p ones

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > GW2 would never survive first year on the market if we had to pay sub fee

> >

> > given the other mmos that do have a sub lets say for the sake discussion's that even if anet went to sub at a better price for a year or 6 months even at a time. lets say they make it $50.00 for the whole year even .

> >

> > that price would still beat many other mmos with subs they still make money from it!! plus what they do get from the gem store . now i will say at the sub price for $50.00 a year

> >

> > every one gets content updates and dlc plus 100 gems a month and the game is brought up to todays coding standards . with hard ware support then i could even see it myself . any thing more than that. then i really have to think it over and see improvements in the game engine and hard ware before i could say one way or the other i am for it or not

>

> Sounds like MMO wonderland. I wonder why mmos are running away from sub system. Most likely it doesn't work. But hey, you say it works so who am I to judge you.

very true and who am i to judge you :) . but will say from what i seen so far i will say that eso so far has the lowest sub price for 6 months compared to other mmo companys like blizzard .

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you really kill me trying to compare BLIZZARD to Guild wars 2 :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

> > > > > > the way it stands BLIZZARD OUT RUNS Guild Wars 2 IN TO THE GROUND !! and spits on it !!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > heh sub based mmos tent to do that versus p2p ones

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > GW2 would never survive first year on the market if we had to pay sub fee

> > >

> > > given the other mmos that do have a sub lets say for the sake discussion's that even if anet went to sub at a better price for a year or 6 months even at a time. lets say they make it $50.00 for the whole year even .

> > >

> > > that price would still beat many other mmos with subs they still make money from it!! plus what they do get from the gem store . now i will say at the sub price for $50.00 a year

> > >

> > > every one gets content updates and dlc plus 100 gems a month and the game is brought up to todays coding standards . with hard ware support then i could even see it myself . any thing more than that. then i really have to think it over and see improvements in the game engine and hard ware before i could say one way or the other i am for it or not

> >

> > Sounds like MMO wonderland. I wonder why mmos are running away from sub system. Most likely it doesn't work. But hey, you say it works so who am I to judge you.

>

> very true and who am i to judge you :) . but will say from what i seen so far i will say that eso so far has the lowest sub price for 6 months compared to other mmo companys like blizzard .

it's not the same as wow is 100% sub (20 lvl trial is irrelevant) while eso can be played f2p and their sub fee is more like optional premium, these are different models

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > The way to keep players continue playing is to make content that encourage growth of guilds or help to increase circle of thier online friends in less possible pressure and enjoyable. Reward players that spend a lot of time playing.. don't nerf or force change.. existng players group generally don't like to be forced to adapt new changes .. .. they will quit unless changes are to promote growth of population without affecting existing community group.

> >

> > They tried, I have to give them that, with guild halls, and guild "events" like Treks, Challenges, and the like.. they tried.

>

> We are still running guild mission but number of ppl turn up has reduced so much tht we used to hv 30ppl coming to GM now we hardly hv 10.

> What about update npc to provide new reward purchase with guild commendations or introduce new currency.. there were no update at all for two years. So. No. They didn't try. They just don't hv the resources.

They tried by putting them in to start with, even made custom rewards for them, What you mean to say is that they did not continually support this endeavor, but that is not the same as trying.

As you pointed out tho, less and less people do them, so maybe they did't feel it was pulling the numbers they wanted, or perhaps more trouble then it is worth.

> @"TamX.1870" said:

> > @"Granrey.8920" said:

> > For instance, when a player is doing "certain" personal story quest, dungeon, intance, etc. why no add interesting rewards to high level characters to join in?

>

> In another game, I suggested something similar. In that game, you get so called challenge chest (in addition to normal chest) when completing the instance challenge. I suggested that if the group has people who complete the challenge achievement (first challenge completition), the instance would reward the group with third chest ("mentor chest"). This was my suggestion to increase the willingness of experienced players to take new people to challenge runs to instances and raids, to teach and help them to get it done, and get something for all their efforts.

> The situation might be bit different in GW2, but I would still vote a mechanism that reward experienced players sharing their knowledge. I generally vote everything that encourages experienced and newbie players to work together and rewards that, and everything that eases the relations between these two groups.

in Perfect World (PW). they have the same thing. every 10 levels every player has to go to a dungeon that is so difficult that players prefer to go with high level players to pass it and learn so they can do the same later.

For this, to be worth it. they have to make GW2 more time consuming to level up. Grindy.

there is nothing wrong with making levelling time consuming as long as you are having fun with it. GW2 dynamic events would be awesome for that. High level players get lots of XP by helping low level players on these endeavours.

I repeat, they should concentrate keeping players playing mostly "on world" with casual dungeons .

The only way at this point to solve this problem is by increasing level cap. maybe add 20 more levels bbut make these levels very grindy to reach cap.

> @"Arnox.5128" said:

> \- Attributes tied to gear

*can you be more specific? You want to be able to change power for condition or toughness without getting a new armor piece?*

> \- Not much skill selection (Although it is now much better than it was.)

*while there are some odd decisions, the freedom of skills in gw1 was an almost disastrous mammoth to control*

> \- Levels 1-79 are pointless and shouldn't exist

*for veterans like us, but we get 4.822.500 Tomes of Knowledge per month to counter that*

> \- Mastery level grinding

*I’ll agree i like the challenges and mini-quests more than the “channel this glowing orb”. I would personally prefer double the mastery point cost and cut out the exp grinding*

> \- Hero point grinding after 80 for Elite specs

*those are so you dont unlock everything in 5 minutes and complain you have nothing to do. You need to feel you worked to unlock that elite spec, not unwrapped a candy. What I do miss is something like a quest to unlock the specialization. I remember wow’s latest expansion Legion had a mini-quest for every class*

> \- Loot boxes (I know that they later backed off on this but I really wanna make a point as to how awful loot boxes are.)

*we all have different opinions on this, which even fluctuate from day to day.

> \- Too much that is account-bound

*you want to sell ascended armor, don’t you?*

> \- Not many emotes and emotes are broadcast globally

*could use more, yes, but you can turn off the use the emotes in your chat settings*

> \- PvP has a viciously high learning curve (Which is not helped by the complete lack of tutorials in-game for even just simply surviving in PvP. Better and up-to-date tutorials and builds in-game just by themselves would make this a lot better.)

*its kind of On The Job training. You can’t learn to fight from NPC’s because theyre rigid in their use of abilities*

> \- Repeated NPC dialogue in cities (MORE VIOLETS I SAY, LESS VIOLENCE)

*agreed, and also stop NPC’s from walking over interactables, including other NPC’s*

>

> > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > The ONLY reason Guild Wars 2 was created instead of continuing Guild Wars 1 is because the company wanted to create content they couldn't create using the Guild Wars 1 game engine. That's not the case with Guild Wars 2. I'd be extremely surprised if we only got one more expansion. The game is going strong, it's still making money and expansions are more cost effective than making a whole new game. I strongly suspect this game will hang around another 3-4 years minimum. Making a new MMO today isn't generally something people want to invest in, but keeping an existing one in expansions is much cheaper.

> >

> > But isnt the GW2 engine based on the same one that GW1 was built on?? hence why they are still restricted on certain things, where GW2 is going strong at the moment, technology is vastly pulling away from what this game should beable to do, ( I have a $1000+ GFX card and yet the CPU does most of the work ) and as other games are making full use of that technology GW2 will look rapidly dated, I would really hope that if Anet decide to go with a GW3 in the future they don't look at it and go we want people who have 3-5 year old systems now to run it, but make full use of the technology, this game looks great right now, but imagine what it could look like, and what they could do.

> >

> > That said, the GW2 GFX/artist teams are some of the best ive seen, and this game looks amazing at 1440p

>

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" put it like this the player base in this game 99.9% only spend a $100.00 on a video card at best and can not under stand or get the idea at all . what it is like to play on a $1,000.00 video card or much less even own a $1,000.00 cpu or spend $300.00 on a case or spend $200.00 for a good nic card . or spend $300.00 for the best cooling system out their . with the system over clocked to far as they can get it before shut down .

>

> most the player base only has $100.00 video cards and $50.00 cases with cheap fans and cheaper memory and still try to run windows XP . and the tend to spend only $10.00 for case fans . even tho they can spend $10.00 for the best fans on the market they never ever do that !!!

>

> this is another thing next to DX and 4K the player base does not get it !!! BUT the ones out their that have these good systems GET IT and want to enjoy their INVESTMENTS playing their favorite FREE MMO . on their $2,000.00 to $5,000.00 and they should have that right to do so with out being stuck in the stone ages

>

> and all we can do is set back and hear them say how great the game is for them on their windows XP systems . and how they think they do not need to upgrade their bunt MELTED bread makers ;) ;) :p :p

Yes and no. I agree that people want the best ability for their systems. However wow still being the most majority of mmo gaming. Has probably one of the worst graphic looking mmos out their but, it’s still number one. So I really don’t think that is a valid point. Yes graphics would be amazing but it’s always about the game. Minecraft being an ugly pixilated game still one of the best games. Terraria ugly game still a good game. Mario 64 ugly game but still by far the best Mario game ever made.

When it comes to graphics it should be icing on the cake rather then other things. Graphics isn’t a necessity and hopefully most players understand that. It’s always about the game and always will be. Gw2 will be fine IF they keep on making good additives , story elites. Maps, etc. if they don’t continue we will finish and leave but making gw3 because people think it needs a graphic update is bull. Gw2 doesn’t need a graphics update. If anything they just need a bug defrag system.

If people wanting gw3 cause of graphics .... they aren’t true gamers. True gamers will play a freaking game because it’s fun. Whether it’s ugly or not.

I do sometimes wonder if certain initial design decisions, when looked back now, don't seem good. And certain other decisions may be based on not hurting gem store revenues.

For example, guild halls could have a complete set of services (all crafting stations, mystic forge, whatever else). However, doing so would basically kill any need for any of the various passes, so kills that idea.

Having each race with its own starting city and low level areas probably made a lot of sense at initial release (when everyone is low level, and starting somewhere). Though even then, it had the disadvantage that if you and a friend started at the same time but played different races, you are in different cities. Now, the problem is that since all new content is level 80 based, those low level areas become a bit lightly populated (though, when playing through other characters, I found most maps had people on them). But they added daily gathering/rewards to try to get people to those maps.

The relatively quick leveling to level 80 means that for myself, the only equipment I find that I keep is exotic level. If I'm playing a character that is yet level 80 and that character finds a rare, I might see if they can use it, but I'm not doing that for other characters. So the result is that vast majority of found equipment is basically just junk.

The fact it was pretty easy to get to level 80, and get your crafting to level 400 to craft (at the time) the top tier items tended to leave players without much more to do. So grindy ascended and very grindy legendary items are added. I think an initial design of 'what do people do when they get to level 80/max items' should have been thought about.

I don't really have solutions to a lot of these, just various musings.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> *can you be more specific? You want to be able to change power for condition or toughness without getting a new armor piece?*

>

> *while there are some odd decisions, the freedom of skills in gw1 was an almost disastrous mammoth to control*

>

> *for veterans like us, but we get 4.822.500 Tomes of Knowledge per month to counter that*

>

> *those are so you dont unlock everything in 5 minutes and complain you have nothing to do. You need to feel you worked to unlock that elite spec, not unwrapped a candy. What I do miss is something like a quest to unlock the specialization. I remember wow’s latest expansion Legion had a mini-quest for every class*

>

> *we all have different opinions on this, which even fluctuate from day to day.*

>

> *you want to sell ascended armor, don’t you?*

>

> *could use more, yes, but you can turn off the use the emotes in your chat settings*

>

> *its kind of On The Job training. You can’t learn to fight from NPC’s because theyre rigid in their use of abilities*

1. I want to have a mass pool of points to allocate as I will without needing any particular armor or weapon piece just as in GW1. If that's really too much to ask then at least give us specific sets to allocate as we already can in sPvP.

2. It didn't need to be controlled. It controlled itself. Today there's a really powerful build in use, but tomorrow, it will be obsolete, and so on and so forth. That's what the huge variety of skills insured. Now, I'm not saying there's no need for balance. Not at all. But I feel like ANet balances with a cannon and not a scalpel. And that cannon gets fired too many times on top of that. Look at the Super Smash Bros. series for example. If you look at the tier list for each game over the years, you'll notice that it changes a LOT. That's because players develop new strategies and ways to excel. Now one game did need some balancing and that was Brawl, but besides that, including Project M, we've had four games now that didn't need constant balancing. ANet doesn't need to balance every little thing that even slightly sticks out. Players should instead be rewarded for making smart builds instead of getting power bombed into the ground.

3. Yeah I only have 37 tomes or so. And I've been playing for a long time. Admittedly, I must have used about 40 and a few experience scrolls, but even then, that's hardly very much considering how long I've been playing.

4. It's a problem because I won't be able to function at full capacity until I finish at least one Elite Spec. It's like going through a fractal at level 70 instead of 80. I don't actually care that you have to work for it. What I don't like is that there's no way whatsoever for players to skip it, even if they're willing to pay. There's a TON of other things to do in-game besides getting all Hero Points just to be able to function at full capacity. And even if there somehow wasn't, that's something that would generally need to be addressed.

5. No, loot boxes do not give a single advantage to players over normal paid DLC. Please do not encourage predatory business practices. Thank you.

6. Or maybe I want to give it to a friend. I don't know. There's so many items that people can't give away through mail or sell. I know a lot of people have tons of Tomes laying around, but they can't offload them to a friend who might need them because they're all account bound for no reason that I can see. Lots of skins, transmutation charges, materials, the list goes on.

7. Would be nice if emotes only appeared in the chat box locally, but I'm not gonna harp on this too much as it's not that important at all compared to the above.

8. I'm not even saying we need better NPCs to train with. For example, most people who go into PvP for the first time will try to run their own builds or try to run a PvE build, and then they get stomped over and over and over again. And they'll try to run their own builds because nothing in-game is telling them otherwise. That's terrible. Now I'm not saying custom builds are bad, but you do need to really know what you're doing before you make one, and obviously, new players aren't going to know. So there should be an easy to access tutorial and hub for builds that players can select and be ready to go instead of getting totally destroyed over and over again day 1.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Arnox.5128" said:

>

> > \- Attributes tied to gear

> *can you be more specific? You want to be able to change power for condition or toughness without getting a new armor piece?*

I think what they mean is that gear is purely cosmetic, and perhaps a system more like what PvP has, would be better.

> > \- Too much that is account-bound

> *you want to sell ascended armor, don’t you?*

I believe they are thinking more along the lines of being able to sell things like Bloodstone dust and the like.

another problem also was that people did not like PVE competitions and with that I mean things like going to a dungeon and see which squad meets certain goals either quicker or with more points, less deaths, etc.

If your squad win, your names would be shown at the entrance showing your achievements.

simple things like this would have helped a lot.

The OP asks a valid question. Whether he thinks certain things are good or bad about the game is irrelevant. Literally everyone who plays this game has opinions on what is good or bad, and in general, once can find arguments for or against literally anything in the game.

But the OP didn't ask for opinions on what is good and bad. As the title says, where do we go from here?

GW2 has a lot of room to grow yet. They have stories to tell, and mechanics to explore. If you look at the map, there are tons of blank spaces in which they could weave more stories. If the past is any indication, we should have at least two more expacs in the next five years or so. (Of course, this is all conjecture on everyone's part. None of us knows what "they" have in mind for the game at this point.)

The other thing that one has to realize is that the platform itself is aging. While there are still a lot of desktops and laptops out there, the volume of tablets and mobile phones will eventually make it necessary to evolve into multi-platform games and apps as opposed to fully fleshed out MMOs geared toward those of us who have the time and money to sit down at a desk/table and play. With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if they go the way of so many others, and make an app or mobile game rather than another version of GW. A lot of that will depend purely on the advances in mobile technology.

So, Where do _we_ go from here? Nowhere. You (plural) and I will be right here, in front of our screens, taking part in a game franchise that for all intents and purposes has entertained us for the last 13 years (thereabouts.)

Big minus for me that is they show nearly no love towards the pvp and wvw gamemodes. Both are nearly dead because of balance issues in general due to balance is being made by a pve team that doesnt have a slightest clue whats broken and whats not. Out of 18 elite specs released 10 is almost useless.

> @"Arnox.5128" said:

> 6 Years of GW2 - Where do we go from here?

Some place else? I only ever log in for the dailies anymore, not because they are interesting but out of a habit. I only played through S4 Ep1 once and didn't feel very excited nor compelled to go through it again with another character. There is something off about the way GW2 has developed over the years, and loot boxes or insanely expensive gem store stuff isn't helping the issue.

P.S. I couldn't even bring myself to play PvP over Wintersday for an item I wanted, nor WvW to complete another legendary that is almost finished.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > The ONLY reason Guild Wars 2 was created instead of continuing Guild Wars 1 is because the company wanted to create content they couldn't create using the Guild Wars 1 game engine. That's not the case with Guild Wars 2. I'd be extremely surprised if we only got one more expansion. The game is going strong, it's still making money and expansions are more cost effective than making a whole new game. I strongly suspect this game will hang around another 3-4 years minimum. Making a new MMO today isn't generally something people want to invest in, but keeping an existing one in expansions is much cheaper.

> > >

> > > But isnt the GW2 engine based on the same one that GW1 was built on?? hence why they are still restricted on certain things, where GW2 is going strong at the moment, technology is vastly pulling away from what this game should beable to do, ( I have a $1000+ GFX card and yet the CPU does most of the work ) and as other games are making full use of that technology GW2 will look rapidly dated, I would really hope that if Anet decide to go with a GW3 in the future they don't look at it and go we want people who have 3-5 year old systems now to run it, but make full use of the technology, this game looks great right now, but imagine what it could look like, and what they could do.

> > >

> > > That said, the GW2 GFX/artist teams are some of the best ive seen, and this game looks amazing at 1440p

> >

> > @"Ok I Did It.2854" put it like this the player base in this game 99.9% only spend a $100.00 on a video card at best and can not under stand or get the idea at all . what it is like to play on a $1,000.00 video card or much less even own a $1,000.00 cpu or spend $300.00 on a case or spend $200.00 for a good nic card . or spend $300.00 for the best cooling system out their . with the system over clocked to far as they can get it before shut down .

> >

> > most the player base only has $100.00 video cards and $50.00 cases with cheap fans and cheaper memory and still try to run windows XP . and the tend to spend only $10.00 for case fans . even tho they can spend $10.00 for the best fans on the market they never ever do that !!!

> >

> > this is another thing next to DX and 4K the player base does not get it !!! BUT the ones out their that have these good systems GET IT and want to enjoy their INVESTMENTS playing their favorite FREE MMO . on their $2,000.00 to $5,000.00 and they should have that right to do so with out being stuck in the stone ages

> >

> > and all we can do is set back and hear them say how great the game is for them on their windows XP systems . and how they think they do not need to upgrade their bunt MELTED bread makers ;) ;) :p :p

>

> Yes and no. I agree that people want the best ability for their systems. However wow still being the most majority of mmo gaming. Has probably one of the worst graphic looking mmos out their but, it’s still number one. So I really don’t think that is a valid point. Yes graphics would be amazing but it’s always about the game. Minecraft being an ugly pixilated game still one of the best games. Terraria ugly game still a good game. Mario 64 ugly game but still by far the best Mario game ever made.

>

> When it comes to graphics it should be icing on the cake rather then other things. Graphics isn’t a necessity and hopefully most players understand that. It’s always about the game and always will be. Gw2 will be fine IF they keep on making good additives , story elites. Maps, etc. if they don’t continue we will finish and leave but making gw3 because people think it needs a graphic update is bull. Gw2 doesn’t need a graphics update. If anything they just need a bug defrag system.

>

> If people wanting gw3 cause of graphics .... they aren’t true gamers. True gamers will play a freaking game because it’s fun. Whether it’s ugly or not.

>

very clear you have no understanding at all of what it is to play wow and ESO fall out over watch in #4K . while you can not do that with Guild War2 it looks like trash . with out the need improvements . and this is why guild wars 2 will stay dyeing and end up like city of hero's

> > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > The ONLY reason Guild Wars 2 was created instead of continuing Guild Wars 1 is because the company wanted to create content they couldn't create using the Guild Wars 1 game engine. That's not the case with Guild Wars 2. I'd be extremely surprised if we only got one more expansion. The game is going strong, it's still making money and expansions are more cost effective than making a whole new game. I strongly suspect this game will hang around another 3-4 years minimum. Making a new MMO today isn't generally something people want to invest in, but keeping an existing one in expansions is much cheaper.

> > > >

> > > > But isnt the GW2 engine based on the same one that GW1 was built on?? hence why they are still restricted on certain things, where GW2 is going strong at the moment, technology is vastly pulling away from what this game should beable to do, ( I have a $1000+ GFX card and yet the CPU does most of the work ) and as other games are making full use of that technology GW2 will look rapidly dated, I would really hope that if Anet decide to go with a GW3 in the future they don't look at it and go we want people who have 3-5 year old systems now to run it, but make full use of the technology, this game looks great right now, but imagine what it could look like, and what they could do.

> > > >

> > > > That said, the GW2 GFX/artist teams are some of the best ive seen, and this game looks amazing at 1440p

> > >

> > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" put it like this the player base in this game 99.9% only spend a $100.00 on a video card at best and can not under stand or get the idea at all . what it is like to play on a $1,000.00 video card or much less even own a $1,000.00 cpu or spend $300.00 on a case or spend $200.00 for a good nic card . or spend $300.00 for the best cooling system out their . with the system over clocked to far as they can get it before shut down .

> > >

> > > most the player base only has $100.00 video cards and $50.00 cases with cheap fans and cheaper memory and still try to run windows XP . and the tend to spend only $10.00 for case fans . even tho they can spend $10.00 for the best fans on the market they never ever do that !!!

> > >

> > > this is another thing next to DX and 4K the player base does not get it !!! BUT the ones out their that have these good systems GET IT and want to enjoy their INVESTMENTS playing their favorite FREE MMO . on their $2,000.00 to $5,000.00 and they should have that right to do so with out being stuck in the stone ages

> > >

> > > and all we can do is set back and hear them say how great the game is for them on their windows XP systems . and how they think they do not need to upgrade their bunt MELTED bread makers ;) ;) :p :p

> >

> > Yes and no. I agree that people want the best ability for their systems. However wow still being the most majority of mmo gaming. Has probably one of the worst graphic looking mmos out their but, it’s still number one. So I really don’t think that is a valid point. Yes graphics would be amazing but it’s always about the game. Minecraft being an ugly pixilated game still one of the best games. Terraria ugly game still a good game. Mario 64 ugly game but still by far the best Mario game ever made.

> >

> > When it comes to graphics it should be icing on the cake rather then other things. Graphics isn’t a necessity and hopefully most players understand that. It’s always about the game and always will be. Gw2 will be fine IF they keep on making goow

> >

> > If people wanting gw3 cause of graphics .... they aren’t true gamers. True gamers will play a freaking game because it’s fun. Whether it’s ugly or not.

> > w

> very clear you have no understanding at all of what it is to play wow and ESO fall out over watch in #4K . while you can not do that with Guild War2 it looks like trash . with out the need improvements . and this is why guild wars 2 will stay dyeing and end up like city of hero's

Guild Wars 2 is not dying. Every site that reviews/lists MMOs lists it as one of the most popular MMOs. Below WoW and Final Fantasy XIV but pretty much above or on a par with everything else. Did you know minecraft is one of the most popular games of all time. It's not because of the graphics. And playing WoW in 4k, graphically isn't better than Guild Wars 2 in my opinion (and I'm guessing most peoples). There is more to a game than just graphic quality.

Judging from many of your posts, you don't like this game because it's not a different game. But no one paying attention can say this game is dying.

I've played tons of games with great graphics that suck. I've played tons of games with mediocre graphics that rock. And this game doesn't have mediocre graphics. It was created with a painterly style, so that it would age well intentionally and it has. Most people that come here from other games talk about how beautiful this game is.

People have been saying stuff like this since 2-3 months after this game launched. It wasn't accurate then, and it's not accurate now. Stay tuned for a couple of years and you'll see.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > The ONLY reason Guild Wars 2 was created instead of continuing Guild Wars 1 is because the company wanted to create content they couldn't create using the Guild Wars 1 game engine. That's not the case with Guild Wars 2. I'd be extremely surprised if we only got one more expansion. The game is going strong, it's still making money and expansions are more cost effective than making a whole new game. I strongly suspect this game will hang around another 3-4 years minimum. Making a new MMO today isn't generally something people want to invest in, but keeping an existing one in expansions is much cheaper.

> > > > >

> > > > > But isnt the GW2 engine based on the same one that GW1 was built on?? hence why they are still restricted on certain things, where GW2 is going strong at the moment, technology is vastly pulling away from what this game should beable to do, ( I have a $1000+ GFX card and yet the CPU does most of the work ) and as other games are making full use of that technology GW2 will look rapidly dated, I would really hope that if Anet decide to go with a GW3 in the future they don't look at it and go we want people who have 3-5 year old systems now to run it, but make full use of the technology, this game looks great right now, but imagine what it could look like, and what they could do.

> > > > >

> > > > > That said, the GW2 GFX/artist teams are some of the best ive seen, and this game looks amazing at 1440p

> > > >

> > > > @"Ok I Did It.2854" put it like this the player base in this game 99.9% only spend a $100.00 on a video card at best and can not under stand or get the idea at all . what it is like to play on a $1,000.00 video card or much less even own a $1,000.00 cpu or spend $300.00 on a case or spend $200.00 for a good nic card . or spend $300.00 for the best cooling system out their . with the system over clocked to far as they can get it before shut down .

> > > >

> > > > most the player base only has $100.00 video cards and $50.00 cases with cheap fans and cheaper memory and still try to run windows XP . and the tend to spend only $10.00 for case fans . even tho they can spend $10.00 for the best fans on the market they never ever do that !!!

> > > >

> > > > this is another thing next to DX and 4K the player base does not get it !!! BUT the ones out their that have these good systems GET IT and want to enjoy their INVESTMENTS playing their favorite FREE MMO . on their $2,000.00 to $5,000.00 and they should have that right to do so with out being stuck in the stone ages

> > > >

> > > > and all we can do is set back and hear them say how great the game is for them on their windows XP systems . and how they think they do not need to upgrade their bunt MELTED bread makers ;) ;) :p :p

> > >

> > > Yes and no. I agree that people want the best ability for their systems. However wow still being the most majority of mmo gaming. Has probably one of the worst graphic looking mmos out their but, it’s still number one. So I really don’t think that is a valid point. Yes graphics would be amazing but it’s always about the game. Minecraft being an ugly pixilated game still one of the best games. Terraria ugly game still a good game. Mario 64 ugly game but still by far the best Mario game ever made.

> > >

> > > When it comes to graphics it should be icing on the cake rather then other things. Graphics isn’t a necessity and hopefully most players understand that. It’s always about the game and always will be. Gw2 will be fine IF they keep on making goow

> > >

> > > If people wanting gw3 cause of graphics .... they aren’t true gamers. True gamers will play a freaking game because it’s fun. Whether it’s ugly or not.

> > > w

> > very clear you have no understanding at all of what it is to play wow and ESO fall out over watch in #4K . while you can not do that with Guild War2 it looks like trash . with out the need improvements . and this is why guild wars 2 will stay dyeing and end up like city of hero's

>

> Guild Wars 2 is not dying. Every site that reviews/lists MMOs lists it as one of the most popular MMOs. Below WoW and Final Fantasy XIV but pretty much above or on a par with everything else. Did you know minecraft is one of the most popular games of all time. It's not because of the graphics. And playing WoW in 4k, graphically isn't better than Guild Wars 2 in my opinion (and I'm guessing most peoples). There is more to a game than just graphic quality.

>

> Judging from many of your posts, you don't like this game because it's not a different game. But no one paying attention can say this game is dying.

>

> I've played tons of games with great graphics that suck. I've played tons of games with mediocre graphics that rock. And this game doesn't have mediocre graphics. It was created with a painterly style, so that it would age well intentionally and it has. Most people that come here from other games talk about how beautiful this game is.

>

> People have been saying stuff like this since 2-3 months after this game launched. It wasn't accurate then, and it's not accurate now. Stay tuned for a couple of years and you'll see.

do not understand what it is your trying to say their could you maybe try it word another way . . :o :o oh been playing since guild wars beta days .